Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Procedure for adding a new harddisk to a server Post 302560361 by dukessd on Thursday 29th of September 2011 02:08:22 PM
Old 09-29-2011
This depends entirely on the type of system and type of disk you are adding.
Is it an internal disk?
Is it scsi / sas?
Is it a SAN disk.
Without a lot more information we cannot help you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

server harddisk upgrade

hi friends, one of my clnts wants his Hard drive to be ugrded . He is currently using SCO unix 5.04 on a 4.3 Gig SCSI drive. He wants me to upgrd it to 18 Gigs . All he wants is that the data / programs / userfiles shall be intact. he has 3 user slices /user1, /user2 , /user3 presently... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: /etc/passwd
3 Replies

2. AIX

Aix 5.1 add new harddisk on 7029-6c3 Server

I have some problem to add a fujitsu Model MAT3147NC on my Aix 5.1 Server. When i run the cfgmrg command and after de lspv command, i can see my disk but i think it's missing some drivers to get operational. Thank's for your help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdulude01
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adding time server

Hello Everybody, I have sun machine running Sol9 with ntpq running on it, and I have a network time server, I want to synchronize my sun machine with that time server, is there any way I can add the time server to my sun machine, root@yuda> ntpq ntpq> peers localhost: timed out, nothing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aladdin
4 Replies

4. SCO

add IInd scsi harddisk in other server

please help me i have two same server sco 5.0.6 and, one server os now not working so i want to add same harddisk to my another same server ,after that i can take backup it is so important please . pankaj raval (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajbraval
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Procedure to take root back up of a solaris server

Hi, Please tell me the procedure to take root backup of a Solaris server. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
6 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Adding RAID to server

Hi, I have a server that I am adding a RAID that we purchased to. The server works fine. It is running Fedora 7 and is a Dell Precision 690. When the RAID is attached, it boots up and says the following: Controller Bus #00, Device#1F, Function#02: 00 Ports No device found AHCI BIOS not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: user23
0 Replies

7. Solaris

procedure to change hostid of Sun server

Hello Everybody I would like to know that I have configure the OS & other application on the SunFire V440 server 1) If suppose no hostid base software install in that v440 server & if some problem comes in the motherboard of that server. If I remove the harddisk ( on which Solaris & other... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
4 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Office server => laptop =>client server ...a lengthy and laborious ftp procedure

Hi All, I need your expertise in finding a way to solve my problem.Please excuse if this is not the right forum to ask this question and guide me to the correct forum,if possible. I am a DBA and on a daily basis i have to ftp huge dump files from my company server to my laptop and then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
3 Replies

9. Programming

[C++] [Unix] TCP non-blocking. Detect server disconnection procedure over, from client.

Hello! I searched forum for similar topic, with no luck, if you know one, delete this topic, and send me private message with link please. Little background: I have a lot of clients and one serwer. Client can make multiple connections on different ports and ips, but only one can be acctive... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ikeban
2 Replies

10. Solaris

New to Solaris (Checking/Adding network and harddisk)

Hi all, As per the topic goes, q1) how do i check remotely (over ssh) - how many physical network interfaces I really have ? -- if an interface exists before and it got plug out, it must not be show again. -- i tried dladm show-link and ifconfig -a, but it seems to show a previously... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
4 Replies
mkqdisk(8)						      Quorum Disk Management							mkqdisk(8)

NAME
mkqdisk - Cluster Quorum Disk Utility WARNING
Use of this command can cause the cluster to malfunction. SYNOPSIS
mkqdisk [-?|-h] | [-L] | [-f label] [-c device -l label] [-d [-d ...]] DESCRIPTION
The mkqdisk command is used to create a new quorum disk or display existing quorum disks accessible from a given cluster node. OPTIONS
-c device -l label Initialize a new cluster quorum disk. This will destroy all data on the given device. If a cluster is currently using that device as a quorum disk, the entire cluster will malfunction. Do not run this on an active cluster when qdiskd is running. Only one device on the SAN should ever have the given label; using multiple different devices is currently not supported (it is expected a RAID array is used for quorum disk redundancy). The label can be any textual string up to 127 characters - and is therefore enough space to hold a UUID created with uuidgen(1). -f label Find the cluster quorum disk with the given label and display information about it. -L Display information on all accessible cluster quorum disks. -d Increase debugging level. Specify multiple times for more information. Currently, specifying more than twice has no effect. SEE ALSO
qdisk(5), qdiskd(8), uuidgen(1) July 2006 mkqdisk(8)