Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NIS user creation
Operating Systems Solaris NIS user creation Post 302560189 by Revathi@1 on Thursday 29th of September 2011 05:55:49 AM
Old 09-29-2011
Hi,
In our environment we are not using NIS+ instead we are using NIS and my question is like whether we can edit all these file with "enis" utility or not?
Anyone Please help me with this..........................................

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NIS + adding a new user

I'm setting up NIS+ on Solaris 8 for Intel. None of the books I have explain how to add a new user in the NIS+ envoirnment. Can somebody explain this and are there any url's to get more info. I have populated the nis tables and can do an niscat of the passwd table. There is an nisgrpadd command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: txpjl
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 9 NIS user creation issue

Helloo to all... what is the correct way to assign a password to a new NIS user on a NIS master server? When I the following: useradd -s /bin/bash -d /export/home/username -m username The user get created fine but when I try to assign a password I get: #passwd username... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GLJ@USC
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

NIS User UID Change

Hi All, I need to change the UID numbers of many NIS users, is there any command to modify the UID in NIS maps ? ( like usermod) so that their file permissions will be same even with their new UID. If not, how to check all the files owned by particular user in a computer and change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RAA
1 Replies

4. Solaris

nis user

my qustion is, nis is centralised server.how to login nis user in client system in console (CDE)login (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathi
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

User creation

Hi Thanks in advance. How to create a user without useradd command ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krish4linux
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NIS user in local group

I have root access on a linux (RH5.4) server within an NIS setup that I don't control. I have an NIS account that creates directories on my local node that I want to be writable by my local apache account. The NIS account is only a member of the "users" group and the local apache account is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clindseysmith
1 Replies

7. Solaris

create user in NIS+

i want create user in NIS+ with root previligation. Someone please provide full steps. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Navkreddy
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Remove NIS user under RHEL

Hi, I can't delete an NIS user. Does it sound too simple for you? :( Here is the result: nis_server# ypcat passwd | grep heisgone heisgone:xxxxxx:1000:200:He is gone:/home/heisgone:/usr/bin/ksh nis_server# userdel heisgone userdel: error deleting password entry userdel: error deleting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Deleting NIS user Solaris 8

ypcat passwd | grep "user" - shows the user userdel "user" says "user does not exist" What am I doing wrong? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies
niserror(1)							   User Commands						       niserror(1)

NAME
niserror - display NIS+ error messages SYNOPSIS
niserror error-num DESCRIPTION
niserror prints the NIS+ error associated with status value error-num on the standard output. It is used by shell scripts to translate NIS+ error numbers that are returned into text messages. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using niserror The following example prints the error associated with the error number 20: example% niserror 20 Not Found, no such name ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nis+(1), nis_error(3NSL), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.10 10 Dec 2001 niserror(1)