Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to disc-at-once extract audio books with cdparanoia Post 302560076 by iconoclast hero on Wednesday 28th of September 2011 08:09:43 PM
Old 09-28-2011
Thanks...

Perhaps I should have mentioned I'm using Ubuntu 10.10 in case that is relevant, and I would prefer to use /bin/bash since that is what most of the examples are in.

Anyway, I take it that "simple redirect" is the 2>&1 to the pipe. I didn't want to use the awk statement because I have no clue what that means and so I would be copying and pasting rather than learning anything. Would you explain what that statement does?

Quote:
Originally Posted by agama
For some odd reason, cdparanoia seems to write to stderr and not stdout and that is why the list didn't go to grep. A simple redirect and pipe to awk and you'll have your answer without having to do any counting, and without depending on the it always writing the same number of header/trailer lines.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env ksh
cdparanoia -Q 2>&1| awk ' $1+0 > 0 { n=$1+0; next; } END { print n}' |read END

and if you must use bash
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env bash
END=$(cdparanoia -Q 2>&1| awk ' $1+0 > 0 { n=$1+0; next; } END { print n}' )

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Ultra 10 - Copying Files From Disc After Booting Up With Recovery Disc?

Hello, I'm still learning unix and I have what is probably a simple question but I can't seem to find the question to. I have an Ultra 10 Sparc Server running solaris 8 and the drive may have crashed (I hope not). Currently, it appears some files in the /etc folder are missing. I have a backup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ideffects
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Books for Shell Script and UNIX

Hi i am new to UNIX completely. i dont know any thing about UNIX. can some one please help me with some books on the unix archetecture and all the internal working of UNIX OS (i want to know every thing about unix from basics) and shell programming. can any one please if available provide... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amiman
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to list files not present in audio.txt file

I am having following folder structure. /root/audios/pop /root/audios/jazz /root/audios/rock Inside those pop, jazz, rock folders there are following files, p1.ul, p2.ul, p3.ul, j1.ul, j2.ul, j3.ul, r1.ul, r2.ul, r3.ul And I have a file named as "audio.txt" in the path /root/audios,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopikrish81
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error with Audio Conversion Bash Script

Good evening, I'm currently working on a BASH script to convert audio between file formats and I've come across a snag. At the beginning of the script, I'm having the system check to see if any files with the .m4a extension exist in the directory, and if so, it runs the script. If there are no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KBurkholder
1 Replies

5. Slackware

Problems with audio recording in Audacity 2.0.5. Slackware64 14.1; Intel HD Audio.

I'm trying to record audio using Audacity 2.0.5 installed from SlackBuilds. My system is 64-bit Slackware 14.1 and a sound card is Intel HD Audio. I didn't change my sound system to OSS. (Default sound system in Slackware 14.1 is ALSA, isn't it?) First, I set Internal Microphone slider in KMix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qzxcvbnm
2 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Python script to do simple audio capture...

This site is the first to get this snippet. It will capture an audio recording of any time length within the limits of OSX's QuickTime Player's capablility... A shell script derivative of this will be used as a further capture for CygWin's AudioScope.sh. Thoroughly read ALL the comments in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script for automation the convert a lot number audio files to another format

I have a lot number audio files in the MP3 proprietary format, I want to convert them to 'opus' the free and higher quality format, with keep metadata also. My selection command-line programs are SoX (Sound eXchange) for convert MP3 files to 'AIFF' format in order to keep quality and metadata*... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temp-usr
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

The Start Of A Simple Audio Scope Shell Script...

This is a DEMO shell script to generate a simple graticule and plot inside it... Apologies for any typos... it is another building block along with my other two shell uploads recently to start a semi_serious project of an Terminal_AudioScope... The fist upload I posted recently was to show... (83 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
83 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Neo's Recommended Audio Books

Just finished this Audible audio book. It's simply great. Highly recommended: This book was so well done that I did not want to miss a single word; so ended up listening to half of the book twice when I got distracted. This is a great audio book. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
LOGPROF.CONF(5) 						     AppArmor							   LOGPROF.CONF(5)

NAME
logprof.conf - configuration file for expert options that modify the behavior of the AppArmor aa-logprof(1) program. DESCRIPTION
The aa-logprof(1) program can be configured to have certain default behavior by the contents of logprof.conf. The [qualifiers] section lists specific programs that should have a subset of the full ix/px/ux list when asking what mode to execute it using. Since creating a separate profile for /bin/bash is dangerous, we can specify that for /bin/bash, only (I)nherit, (U)nconstrained, and (D)eny should be allowed options and only those will show up in the prompt when we're asking about adding that to a profile. Likewise, if someone currently exec's /bin/mount in ix or px mode, things won't work, so we can provide only (U)nconstrained and (D)eny as options. And certain apps like grep, awk, sed, cp, and mkdir should always inherit the parent profile rather than having their own profile or running unconfined, so for them we can specify that only (I)nherit and (D)eny are the allowed options. Any programs that are not listed in the qualifiers section get the full (I)nherit / (P)rofile / (U)nconstrained / (D)eny option set. If the user is doing something tricky and wants different behavior, they can tweak or remove the corresponding line in the conf file. The [defaulthat] section lists changehat-aware programs and what hat aa-logprof(1) will collapse the entries to for that program if the user specifies that the access should be allowed, but should not have it's own hat. The [globs] section allows modification of the logprof rule engine with respect to globbing suggestions that the user will be prompted with. The format of each line is-- "<perl glob> = <apparmor glob>". When aa-logprof(1) asks about a specific path, if the perl glob matches the path, it replaces the part of the path that matched with the corresponding apparmor glob and adds it to the list of globbing suggestions. Lines starting with # are comments and are ignored. EXAMPLE
[qualifiers] # things will very likely be painfully broken if bash has it's own profile /bin/bash = iu # mount doesn't work if it's confined /bin/mount = u # these helper utilities should inherit the parent profile and # shouldn't have their own profiles /bin/awk = i /bin/grep = i /bin/sed = i [defaulthat] /usr/sbin/sshd = EXEC /usr/sbin/httpd2 = DEFAULT_URI /usr/sbin/httpd2-prefork = DEFAULT_URI [globs] # /foo/bar/lib/libbaz.so -> /foo/bar/lib/lib* /lib/lib[^/]+so[^/]*$ = /lib/lib*so* # strip kernel version numbers from kernel module accesses ^/lib/modules/[^/]+/ = /lib/modules/*/ # strip pid numbers from /proc accesses ^/proc/d+/ = /proc/*/ BUGS
If you find any bugs, please report them at <http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7), apparmor.d(5), aa-enforce(1), aa-complain(1), aa-disable(1), aa_change_hat(2), aa-logprof(1), aa-genprof(1), and <http://wiki.apparmor.net>. AppArmor 2.7.103 2012-06-28 LOGPROF.CONF(5)