Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to disc-at-once extract audio books with cdparanoia Post 302560076 by iconoclast hero on Wednesday 28th of September 2011 08:09:43 PM
Old 09-28-2011
Thanks...

Perhaps I should have mentioned I'm using Ubuntu 10.10 in case that is relevant, and I would prefer to use /bin/bash since that is what most of the examples are in.

Anyway, I take it that "simple redirect" is the 2>&1 to the pipe. I didn't want to use the awk statement because I have no clue what that means and so I would be copying and pasting rather than learning anything. Would you explain what that statement does?

Quote:
Originally Posted by agama
For some odd reason, cdparanoia seems to write to stderr and not stdout and that is why the list didn't go to grep. A simple redirect and pipe to awk and you'll have your answer without having to do any counting, and without depending on the it always writing the same number of header/trailer lines.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env ksh
cdparanoia -Q 2>&1| awk ' $1+0 > 0 { n=$1+0; next; } END { print n}' |read END

and if you must use bash
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env bash
END=$(cdparanoia -Q 2>&1| awk ' $1+0 > 0 { n=$1+0; next; } END { print n}' )

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Ultra 10 - Copying Files From Disc After Booting Up With Recovery Disc?

Hello, I'm still learning unix and I have what is probably a simple question but I can't seem to find the question to. I have an Ultra 10 Sparc Server running solaris 8 and the drive may have crashed (I hope not). Currently, it appears some files in the /etc folder are missing. I have a backup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ideffects
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Books for Shell Script and UNIX

Hi i am new to UNIX completely. i dont know any thing about UNIX. can some one please help me with some books on the unix archetecture and all the internal working of UNIX OS (i want to know every thing about unix from basics) and shell programming. can any one please if available provide... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amiman
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to list files not present in audio.txt file

I am having following folder structure. /root/audios/pop /root/audios/jazz /root/audios/rock Inside those pop, jazz, rock folders there are following files, p1.ul, p2.ul, p3.ul, j1.ul, j2.ul, j3.ul, r1.ul, r2.ul, r3.ul And I have a file named as "audio.txt" in the path /root/audios,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopikrish81
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error with Audio Conversion Bash Script

Good evening, I'm currently working on a BASH script to convert audio between file formats and I've come across a snag. At the beginning of the script, I'm having the system check to see if any files with the .m4a extension exist in the directory, and if so, it runs the script. If there are no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KBurkholder
1 Replies

5. Slackware

Problems with audio recording in Audacity 2.0.5. Slackware64 14.1; Intel HD Audio.

I'm trying to record audio using Audacity 2.0.5 installed from SlackBuilds. My system is 64-bit Slackware 14.1 and a sound card is Intel HD Audio. I didn't change my sound system to OSS. (Default sound system in Slackware 14.1 is ALSA, isn't it?) First, I set Internal Microphone slider in KMix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qzxcvbnm
2 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Python script to do simple audio capture...

This site is the first to get this snippet. It will capture an audio recording of any time length within the limits of OSX's QuickTime Player's capablility... A shell script derivative of this will be used as a further capture for CygWin's AudioScope.sh. Thoroughly read ALL the comments in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script for automation the convert a lot number audio files to another format

I have a lot number audio files in the MP3 proprietary format, I want to convert them to 'opus' the free and higher quality format, with keep metadata also. My selection command-line programs are SoX (Sound eXchange) for convert MP3 files to 'AIFF' format in order to keep quality and metadata*... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temp-usr
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

The Start Of A Simple Audio Scope Shell Script...

This is a DEMO shell script to generate a simple graticule and plot inside it... Apologies for any typos... it is another building block along with my other two shell uploads recently to start a semi_serious project of an Terminal_AudioScope... The fist upload I posted recently was to show... (83 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
83 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Neo's Recommended Audio Books

Just finished this Audible audio book. It's simply great. Highly recommended: This book was so well done that I did not want to miss a single word; so ended up listening to half of the book twice when I got distracted. This is a great audio book. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
DPKG-WWW(1)						      General Commands Manual						       DPKG-WWW(1)

NAME
dpkg-www - program to remotely open a WWW Debian package browser SYNOPSIS
dpkg-www [-s|--stdout] [-h|--host host] [query] DESCRIPTION
dpkg-www is used to remotely control a WEB browser and open a dpkg URL on the local host from an interactive shell or script. If the command is invoked while running under X-window the script will try to find an installed X browser to open the specified URL. If not running under X it will try to use a text browser instead. If Netscape is found and a Netscape instance is already running it will be asked to open the dpkg URL on localhost with the optional query supplied on the command line. If there is no browser running, it will start automatically a new one. The functionality provided by this program is identical to running a web browser with the -remote openURL(http://localhost/cgi-bin/dpkg) argument or opening the same URL from within the browser. dpkg-www-installer is an helper application which can configured in the WWW browser for web installation. It should never be invoked directly by the user. OPTIONS
-s, --stdout Redirect output to stdout. Requires one of the text browsers (lynx, lynx-ssl or links) installed. -h, --host host Send the query to a remote host, where dpkg-www must be installed. query Specifies an optional package name, an absolute pathname or a query argument which is passed to the dpkg cgi-bin. See dpkg-www(8) for more information about the use of the cgi. FILES
/etc/dpkg-www.conf ~/.dpkg-www Configuration files for dpkg-www. It is not necessary for these files to exist, there are sensible defaults for everything, but you can specify your preferred www browser with the DPKG_WWW_BROWSER variable, for example: DPKG_WWW_BROWSER=mozilla EXAMPLES
dpkg-www This would open a dpkg URL on localhost listing all the installed packages. dpkg-www bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the bash package. dpkg-www -h pisolo bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the bash package on host pisolo. dpkg-www 'dpkg*' This would open a dpkg URL listing all packages matching dpkg*. dpkg-www /bin/bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the package(s) owning the file /bin/bash . dpkg-www depends=svgalib This would open a dpkg URL listing all packages depending on svgalib. dpkg-www --stdout depends=awk | grep ^ii This would list on stdout all packages depending on awk and grep all lines of installed packages. SEE ALSO
dpkg(8), dpkg-www(8) AUTHOR
Massimo Dal Zotto <dz@debian.org>. Bugs should be reported via the normal Debian bug reporting system. LICENCE
dpkg-www is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2. September 1, 2004 DPKG-WWW(1)