Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: uniq commmand
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting uniq commmand Post 302559728 by thelakbe on Wednesday 28th of September 2011 03:53:57 AM
Old 09-28-2011
thanks it's working

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

help on UniQ

All, Can anybody provide me the links to the documentation on UniQPrint? I need to prepare some documents to help my co-workers to learn UniQPrint. Regards, Vishal (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishal_ranjan
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using uniq and awk??

I have a file that is populated: hits/books.hits:143.217.64.204 Thu Sep 21 22:24:57 GMT 2006 hits/books.hits:62.145.39.14 Fri Sep 22 00:38:32 GMT 2006 hits/books.hits:81.140.86.170 Fri Sep 22 08:45:26 GMT 2006 hits/books.hits:81.140.86.170 Fri Sep 22 09:13:57 GMT... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: amatuer_lee_3
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use uniq on a certain field?

How can I use uniq on a certain field or what else could I use? If I want to use uniq on the second field and the output would remove one of the lines with a 5. bob 5 hand jane 3 leg jon 4 head chris 5 lungs (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bandit390
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between plain "uniq" and "uniq -u"

Dear all, It's not entirely clear to me from manpage the difference between them. Why we still need "-u" flag? - monkfan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with uniq command

I call.... cat 1.txt | uniq -c Sample of whats in 1.txt vmstat cd exit w cd cd cd newgrp xinit f cd cd cd rlogin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bandit390
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

uniq -c

When I do uniq -c on a list of sorted numbers, for eg: 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 It outputs 2 1 3 2 2 3 1 4. Now, is there a way to sort on the column that "uniq -c" produced? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasanna1157
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Uniq not doing what I want it to

I have a master list of servers. I also have a list of servers I'm not supposed to touch. I'm trying to filter out the list servers that I'm not supposed to touch from the master list of servers, so I will have a "master list of servers I can touch". When I try to filter these I'm not getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaindotC
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Uniq help

hello I want to check on first column duplicates and print the unique first and second columns My trial output is not generating what I needed, i.e the second column. thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargavpbk88
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

uniq -c in the pipeline

Hello gurus - I must be missing something, or there is a better way - pls enlighten me I'm on a Solaris 10 vm running the following pipeline to reduce some apache logs (actually lynx dumps of /server-status/ when threads are above a threshold) to a set of offending DDoS IP addresses. awk... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fletch00
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find commmand returning search path with the result set

OS Platform : Oracle Linux 6.5 We are creating a shell script to purge old log files . It uses find command with rm in it. The syntax is find <Path of Log Directory> -exec rm -fr {} \; Example: find /tmp/test3 -exec rm -fr {} \; For rm command , we use -r option to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
4 Replies
UNIQ(1) 							   User Commands							   UNIQ(1)

NAME
uniq - report or omit repeated lines SYNOPSIS
uniq [OPTION]... [INPUT [OUTPUT]] DESCRIPTION
Discard all but one of successive identical lines from INPUT (or standard input), writing to OUTPUT (or standard output). Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -c, --count prefix lines by the number of occurrences -d, --repeated only print duplicate lines -D, --all-repeated[=delimit-method] print all duplicate lines delimit-method={none(default),prepend,separate} Delimiting is done with blank lines. -f, --skip-fields=N avoid comparing the first N fields -i, --ignore-case ignore differences in case when comparing -s, --skip-chars=N avoid comparing the first N characters -u, --unique only print unique lines -z, --zero-terminated end lines with 0 byte, not newline -w, --check-chars=N compare no more than N characters in lines --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit A field is a run of blanks (usually spaces and/or TABs), then non-blank characters. Fields are skipped before chars. Note: 'uniq' does not detect repeated lines unless they are adjacent. You may want to sort the input first, or use `sort -u' without `uniq'. AUTHOR
Written by Richard M. Stallman and David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
Report uniq bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for uniq is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and uniq programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'uniq invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 7.1 July 2010 UNIQ(1)