Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extract using sed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract using sed Post 302559691 by polineni on Wednesday 28th of September 2011 02:24:33 AM
Old 09-28-2011
better google it . you can solve it easily by using redirection

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help! Sed extract a pattern

I am trying to extract "securitySettings" out of line: <a ref ="http://localhost:5654/securitySettings"> using sed as follows: name = `grep "localhost" file.html | sed -n 's/.**\/\(.*)/\">/\1/p'` But it didn't run, seems have some syntax error. Do anybody knows why? Thank you very... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhen
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED to extract characters

Hi, Please let me know how do we write a piece of code to extract characters from a line using SED. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shilpi
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract using sed/awk - need help? Please!!

Need help..not sure how to use with awk or sed I want to take data from the notification.$$ file and assign the data to variable "group". Not sure how to do it. The data I want to extract from the notification.$$ is on the first line of the file ..right after the (notice): NetWorker... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gzs553
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed extract substring on (OS X)

On OS 10.4.11 I have filenames like: 670711 SA T2 v1-1_DS_EF.doc CT_670520 AM T1 v1-2_DS_EF.doc CT_670716 - 2 SA T4 v1-2_DS_EF.doc CT_670713 SA T3 v1-1_DS_EF.doc 670421 PA DYP1 v1-1_DS_EF.doc CT_670425 PA DYP2 v1-1_DS_EF.doc CT_670107 RA T3 v1-2_DS_EF.doc CT_670521 AM T2 v1-2_DS_EF.doc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlommel
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED extract XML value

I have the following string: <min-pool-size>2</min-pool-size> When I pipe the string into the following code I am expcting for it to return just the value "2", but its just reurning the whole string. Why?? sed -n '/<min-pool-size>/,/<\/min-pool-size>/p' Outputting:... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArterialTool
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract word using sed

Hello, I am new to sed and am trying to extract a word using sed. for example i have a line "const TotalAmount& getTotalAmount() const; " in the file test.txt I am trying to extract getTotalAmount() from the line. For this i tried cat test.txt | sed -n 's/.*get*\(\)//p But... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasbala
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed extract from xml

I have an xml file that generally looks like this: "<row><dnorpattern>02788920</dnorpattern><description/></row><row><dnorpattern>\+ 44146322XXXX</dnorpattern><description/></row><row><dnorpattern>40XXX</dnorpattern><description/></row><row><dnorpattern>11</dn... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garboon
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to extract all strings

Hi, I have a text file containing 2 lines as follows: I'm trying to extract all the strings following an "AME." The output would be as follows: BUSINESS_UNIT PROJECT_ID ACTIVITY_ID RES_USER1 RESOURCE_ID_FROM ANALYSIS_TYPE BI_DISTRIB_STATUS BUSINESS_UNIT PROJECT_ID ACTIVITY_ID... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpletech369
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a value using sed (easy)

I have this command to replace the version value from PROGRAM (for example here PROGRAM == player) by NEWVERSION sed "/^ *$PROGRAM:/{N; s/*$/ $NEWVERSION/;}" -i $PRDFILE player: version: V6R2013xD3HF5v1 player_old: version: V6R2013xD3HF5v1 partchecker: version:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcanale
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cannot extract libraries using sed

Hi, I am attempting to extract the /lib/ paths using sed but it does not appear to work. ./copy_chroot_lib.sh ls echo | sed s#*\(/lib\).*#\1#g linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007fff77df1000) libselinux.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libselinux.so.1 (0x00007f28190ac000) ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sand1234
8 Replies
NE_ADDR_RESOLVE(3)						neon API reference						NE_ADDR_RESOLVE(3)

NAME
ne_addr_resolve, ne_addr_result, ne_addr_first, ne_addr_next, ne_addr_error, ne_addr_destroy - functions to resolve hostnames to addresses SYNOPSIS
#include <ne_socket.h> ne_sock_addr *ne_addr_resolve(const char *hostname, int flags); int ne_addr_result(const ne_sock_addr *addr); const ne_inet_addr *ne_addr_first(ne_sock_addr *addr); const ne_inet_addr *ne_addr_next(ne_sock_addr *addr); char *ne_addr_error(const ne_sock_addr *addr, char *buffer, size_t bufsiz); void ne_addr_destroy(ne_sock_addr *addr); DESCRIPTION
The ne_addr_resolve function resolves the given hostname, returning an ne_sock_addr object representing the address (or addresses) associated with the hostname. The flags parameter is currently unused, and must be passed as 0. The hostname passed to ne_addr_resolve can be a DNS hostname (e.g. "www.example.com") or an IPv4 dotted quad (e.g. "192.0.34.72"); or, on systems which support IPv6, an IPv6 hex address, which may be enclosed in brackets, e.g. "[::1]". To determine whether the hostname was successfully resolved, the ne_addr_result function is used, which returns non-zero if an error occurred. If an error did occur, the ne_addr_error function can be used, which will copy the error string into a given buffer (of size bufsiz). The functions ne_addr_first and ne_addr_next are used to retrieve the Internet addresses associated with an address object which has been successfully resolved. ne_addr_first returns the first address; ne_addr_next returns the next address after the most recent call to ne_addr_next or ne_addr_first, or NULL if there are no more addresses. The ne_inet_addr pointer returned by these functions can be passed to ne_sock_connect to connect a socket. After the address object has been used, it should be destroyed using ne_addr_destroy. RETURN VALUE
ne_addr_resolve returns a pointer to an address object, and never NULL. ne_addr_error returns the buffer parameter . EXAMPLES
The code below prints out the set of addresses associated with the hostname www.google.com. ne_sock_addr *addr; char buf[256]; addr = ne_addr_resolve("www.google.com", 0); if (ne_addr_result(addr)) { printf("Could not resolve www.google.com: %s ", ne_addr_error(addr, buf, sizeof buf)); } else { const ne_inet_addr *ia; printf("www.google.com:"); for (ia = ne_addr_first(addr); ia != NULL; ia = ne_addr_next(addr)) { printf(" %s", ne_iaddr_print(ia, buf, sizeof buf)); } putchar(' '); } ne_addr_destroy(addr); SEE ALSO
ne_iaddr_print AUTHOR
Joe Orton <neon@lists.manyfish.co.uk> Author. COPYRIGHT
neon 0.29.6 3 May 2011 NE_ADDR_RESOLVE(3)