Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pipe grep to rm
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Pipe grep to rm Post 302559587 by airlocksniffer on Tuesday 27th of September 2011 01:58:05 PM
Old 09-27-2011
That's what I get for too much thinking. Simplified it down to a single find command and worked like charm. Thanks!!

find /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Users/ -nouser -delete

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filter results through pipe with grep

ls -ltr | grep string How can I use regular expressions to filter the results provided even more. I am using the above command as a reference. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckandreou
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pipe Data From Grep Into A File

I am somewhat of a novice at unix scripting and I need a little help. Here is what im trying to do: I am trying to figure out how to pipe the following grep results into a file. /source/programs: grep "WSBL020" W* WBMB991.cbl: COPY WSBL020. WDCB003.cbl: COPY... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: katinicsdad
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

pipe grep command

Hi all, Can someone help me with the following problem. I am executing the following command: (search for occurences of 'error' in files that match cl-*.log expression) > grep -cw -i --max-count=1 'error' cl-*.log this command outputs: cl-apache.log:1 cl-apache_error.log:1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: epro66
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem using a pipe to grep

Hello ! I want to process a text file in order to extract desired data using sed and grep... Now I am facing a problem piping to grep... nothing happens.. The text consists of blocks of 3 lines that may (or not) contain the Desired data. the desired data is on each 2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShellBeginner
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

pipe output of grep to sed?

Is there a way I can do this: search for text and replace line containing matched text with a different line? For example: "I want to replace text" I want to search for replace and then change the line to I am perplexed. Hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsh
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

pipe result from grep

Trying to create a command line script to look for all files matching a pattern, grep for a specific value in each file, and write out the filename long list. It's possible the filename won't containe the value. { echo “Running....” for fname in 811_Intermediate_File_* do grep -l... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavineq
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash - CLI - grep - Passing result to grep through pipe

Hello. I want to get all modules which are loaded and which name are exactly 2 characters long and not more than 2 characters and begin with "nv" lsmod | (e)grep '^nv???????????? I want to get all modules which are loaded and which name begin with "nv" and are 2 to 7 characters long ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

pipe search pattern into a grep

comm -13 tmpfile tmpfile2 | grep -v <filename> >newfile so i want to 1. find records in 1 file bot not in another 2. The output of the first part is 1 field in a file with many fields. 3. find all the records that do not have the value piped from step #1 4. redirect to a new file ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How To Pipe Find To Grep?

hi what wrong with my syntax here? find / -name "*dhcp*" | grep -l -r 'timeout' thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnywhy
3 Replies
trash-list(1)						      General Commands Manual						     trash-list(1)

NAME
trash-list - List trashed files. SYNOPSIS
trash-list [OPTIONS]... [PATH]... DESCRIPTION
List all the contents of the trashcan. EXAMPLES
List all trashed files or grep output: $ trash-list 2008-06-23 21:57:26 /home/andrea/src/bluetrash/pippo 2008-06-23 21:50:41 /home/andrea/foobar 2008-06-23 21:50:49 /home/andrea/foobar 2008-06-23 21:53:13 /media/disk/adsfljasldj $ trash-list | grep foo 2008-06-23 21:50:41 /home/andrea/foobar 2008-06-23 21:50:49 /home/andrea/foobar BUGS
Report bugs to http://code.google.com/p/trash-cli/issues AUTHORS
Trash was written by Andrea Francia <andreafrancia@users.sourceforge.net> and Einar Orn Olason <eoo@hi.is>. This manual page was written by Steve Stalcup <vorian@ubuntu.com>. Changes made by Massimo Cavalleri <submax@tiscalinet.it>. SEE ALSO
trash-put(1), trash-restore(1), trash-empty(1), and the FreeDesktop.org Trash Specification at http://www.ramendik.ru/docs/trashspec.html. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. trash-list(1)