Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search for a specific data in a file based on a date range Post 302559579 by durden_tyler on Tuesday 27th of September 2011 01:17:42 PM
Old 09-27-2011
Nope, sorry.

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report file extraction based on Date range

Hi all, Iam writing a script, which will extract all the files from Start_Date to End_Date. Files are date stamped as YYYYMMDD. For ex: Start_Date='20051001' End_Date='20060331' extract files such as........ ramp_20050810.rpt ramp_20050915.rpt ramp_20051001.rpt ramp_20051010.rpt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Write byte range/chunk of data from specific location in file

I am new to Unix so will really appreciate if someone can guide me on this. What I want to do is: Step1: Read binary file - pick first 2 bytes, convert from hex to decimal. Read the next 3 bytes as well. 2 bytes will specify the number of bytes 'n' that I want to read and write... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kbenipel
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Data Between a specific Date Range from logs

I need to extract data from logs for a mentioned date range..Its quite urgent can anyone help me out with it..its to be written in unix..just thought its better to specify.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge two file data together based on specific pattern match

My input: File_1: 2000_t g1110.b1 abb.1 2001_t g1111.b1 abb.2 abb.2 g1112.b1 abb.3 2002_t . . File_2: 2000_t Ali england 135 abb.1 Zoe british 150 2001_t Ali england 305 g1111.b1 Lucy russia 126 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data based on specific search criteria

I have a huge file (about 2 millions records) contains data separated by “,” (comma). As part of the requirement, I can't change the format. The objective is to remove some of the records with the following condition. If the 23rd field on each line start with 302 , I need to remove that from the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaygamini
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting specific lines of data from a file and related lines of data based on a grep value range?

Hi, I have one file, say file 1, that has data like below where 19900107 is the date, 19900107 12 144 129 0.7380047 19900108 12 168 129 0.3149017 19900109 12 192 129 3.2766666E-02 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wynner
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search on date range of file based on user input

Hello I would like to ask for help with a script to search a directory that contains many log files and based on a users input after being prompted, they enter a date range down to the hour which searches the files that contain that range. I dont know how to go about this. I am hoping that the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lostincashe
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a specific String in a log file for a specific date range

Hi, I have log file which rolls out every second which is as this. HttpGenRequest - -<!--OXi dbPublish--> <created="2014-03-24 23:45:37" lastMsgId="" requestTime="0.0333"> <response request="getOutcomeDetails" code="114" message="Request found no matching data" debug="" provider="undefined"/>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikprakash
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search specific string logfile specific date range

Hi, I have logfile like this.. === 2014-02-09 15:46:59,936 INFO RequestContext - URL: '/eyisp/sc/skins/EY/images/pickers/comboBoxPicker_Over.png', User-Agent: 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko': Unsupported with Accept-Encoding header === 2015-02-09... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishk
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the count of files by last created date based on the given date range

My unix version is IBM AIX Version 6.1 I tried google my requirement and found the below answer, find . -newermt “2012-06-15 08:13" ! -newermt “2012-06-15 18:20" But newer command is not working in AIX version 6.1 unix I have given my requirement below: Input: atr files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvaa27
1 Replies
ncab2clf(1)							   User Commands						       ncab2clf(1)

NAME
ncab2clf - convert binary log file to Common Log File format SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/ncab2clf [-Dhv] [-i input-file] [-o output-file] [-b size] [-n number] [-s datetime] DESCRIPTION
The ncab2clf command is used to convert the log file generated by the Solaris Network Cache and Accelerator ("NCA") from binary format, to Common Log File ("CLF") format. If no input-file is specified, ncab2clf uses stdin. If no output-file is specified, the output goes to std- out. OPTIONS
-b Specifies the binary-log-file blocking in kilobytes; the default is 64 Kbyte. -D Specifies that direct I/O be disabled. -h Prints usage message. -i input-file Specifies the input file. -n number Output number CLF records. -o output-file Specifies the output file. -s datetime Skip any records before the date and time specified in datetime. You can specify the date and time in CLF format or in the format specified by the touch(1) utility. CLF format is the dominant format, so ncab2clf first analyzes datetime assuming CLF. -v Provides verbose output. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Converting a Binary File to a Common Log File Format The following example converts the binary file /var/nca/logs/nca.blf to a file /var/nca/logs/nca.clf, which is in Common Log File format. example% ncab2clf -D -i /var/nca/logs/nca.blf -o /var/nca/logs/nca.clf Example 2: Converting Multiple Log Files The following script may be used to convert multiple log files. The directory designated by "*" must only contain log files. !/bin/ksh for filename in * do ncab2clf -D < $filename > $filename.clf done Example 3: Using -s and -n on a Raw Device The following example shows how ncab2clf can be used on a raw device. If not using the -n option, the default is to convert all records from the starting location to the end of the file. The date and time specified with -s, below, is in CLF format. example% ncab2clf -s '10/Apr/2001:09:23:13' -n 100 < /dev/dsk/c2t1d0s6 EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The file converted successfully >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWncau | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nca(1), ncakmod(1), nca.if(4), ncakmod.conf(4), ncalogd.conf(4), attributes(5) System Administration Guide: IP Services NOTES
The binary log files generated by NCA can become very large. When converting these large binary files, use the -b option to the ncab2clf command to help performance. Direct I/O is a benefit to the user if the data being written does not come in as large chunks. However, if the user wishes to convert the log file in large chunks using the -b option, then direct I/O should be disabled by using the -D option. SunOS 5.10 28 Sep 2001 ncab2clf(1)