Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support unrecognized vxfs version after vgimport Post 302559567 by solaris_1977 on Tuesday 27th of September 2011 12:31:47 PM
Old 09-27-2011
What is the version of VxFS on both boxes ? Give output from both boxes -
Code:
swlist | grep -i jfs
swlist | grep -i vxfs
uname -a
vgdisplay vg_name

May be from here, we can start troubleshooting it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unrecognized Path in .bash_profile

Dear experts, I have installed Ruby in the following directory: $ pwd /home/ewijaya/.ruby $ ls bin lib share And I have also stated the PATH in my bash_profile like this: # .bash_profile # Get the aliases and functions if ; then . ~/.bashrc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monkfan
1 Replies

2. SCO

VxFS filesystem

Hello, Am basically working on VxFS filesystem and while tracking the file, I got stuck at one point. As I am able to locate the superblock(it is at offset 1024 from the start of partition). And from superblock I got the sector no. of "OLT extent". By jumping to the sector no where OLT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghimanshu
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

hpux 11.31 vgimport fail

i'm trying to vgimport the map file from vgexport -p -v -s -m to fail over node (adoptive node in service guard). root@noe04:/etc/cmcluster/icasprd$ vgimport -s -m gicasprd.110810.map /dev/vgicasprd vgimport: Volume group "/dev/vgicasprd" already exists in the "/etc/lvmtab" file. the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
2 Replies

4. Hardware

Unrecognized disk label of a external HD

I have a external HD that I can't seem to open. When I try to open it with gparted it says unrecognized disk. When I run gparted from the terminal this is what it says. ~ $ sudo gparted ====================== libparted : 2.2 ====================== /dev/sdb: unrecognised disk label When I... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
18 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 9 : gcc unrecognized -rdynamic option

Hi all, I'm trying to compile gdb (7.4.1) 64 bit on Solaris 9 SPARC. First, I launch the configuration ~/gdb-7.4.1$>CC="gcc -m64" ./configure --disable-tui --prefix=$HOME/destdir/ Then, compilation ~/gdb-7.4.1$>make During compilation gcc (3.4.6) is not enable to recognized the option... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubsland
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Unrecognized Spanish characters from windows to Linux

Background: I want to upload the file from windows to RHEL5 server, the file stores Spanish words with UTF-8 encoding. it's used as the data source for loading to database. some special characters in files like following. í ó Ñ á Linux setting: $ echo $LANG en_US.UTF-8 I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ambious
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with unrecognized zip format

Hi Friend, i have tried to generated zip file and received with attached mail by. But attachment file is unrecognized format not zip file by crontab, which is not able open. but there is no issue when the script is ran manually but i have received zip format. i am appriciate for your... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
9 Replies

8. Hardware

Unrecognized disk label on my external HD

Hi everyone, I have an external hard drive and I accidentally deleted the partition table. Can I restore my files? If I try to run the f-disk command this is what it says Disk /dev/sda: 320.1 GB, 320072933376 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 38913 cylinders, total 625142448 sectors Units =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sampa
1 Replies

9. SCO

Unsuccessful install due to unrecognized disk issue

Dear Community! i try to instaled the sco 6 in hp proliant ML350g8 but unsucces, the trouble when i do instaled it undetected hardisk please help me :(:o (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnr
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Unrecognized option: sparc-sun-Solaris2.10/bin/as: unrecognized option `-m32'

Hi, I installed some packages required by an app built with python. But when I try python setup.py install, I get the following error: /opt/csw/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/5.2.0/../../../../sparc-sun-solaris2.10/bin/as: unrecognized option `-m32' Could anyone tell me what's wrong... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimkun
4 Replies
SHOWMOUNT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      SHOWMOUNT(8)

NAME
showmount -- show remote NFS mounts on host SYNOPSIS
showmount [-Ae36] [-a | -d] [host] DESCRIPTION
showmount shows status information about the NFS server on host. By default it prints the names of all hosts that have NFS file systems mounted on the host. See NFS: Network File System Protocol Specification, RFC 1094, Appendix A, and NFS: Network File System Version 3 Protocol Specification, Appendix I, for a detailed description of the protocol. -A Search for NFS servers advertised via Bonjour. -a List all mount points in the form: host:dirpath -d List directory paths of mount points instead of hosts. -e Show the host's exports list. -3 Use mount protocol Version 3, compatible with NFS Version 3. -6 Use only IPv6 addresses to contact servers. SEE ALSO
mount(1), mountd(8), nfsd(8), mDNSResponder(8) BUGS
The mount daemon running on the server only has an idea of the actual mounts, since the NFS server is stateless. showmount will only display the information as accurately as the mount daemon reports it. HISTORY
The showmount utility first appeared in 4.4BSD. 4th Berkeley Distribution September 26, 2010 4th Berkeley Distribution