Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to list Matching Directories OR NULL w/o error message? Post 302559554 by pgorbas on Tuesday 27th of September 2011 11:31:49 AM
Old 09-27-2011
Supper.

I understand it now.

Thanks for the details !

I can really understand why people both LOVE and HATE this langauge.

SO much fuctionality is packed into so few charecters - makes the code terse and fuctional, but hard to understand unless yon know the 'secret code" Smilie.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

null string matching in sed?

Hello, I would assume the expression ^$ should match a null string. Yet when I run: echo -n | sed 's/^$/nullstring/' I get no output. Can anyone tell me why? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Allasso
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

REGEX: Matching Null?

I'm using the URL Regex feature of Squid for allowing sites via a list of regex strings to match allowed domains. The regex was actually copied from our previous proxy solution and it seemed to "just work". But, we've recently discovered that some domains (likely due to virtual hosts or host... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all the directories, sub directories in a mount along with size in ascending order?

Hi , I am very new to unix as well as shell scripting. I have to write a script for the following requirement. In a particular mount, have to list all the directories and sub directories along with size of the directory and sub directory in ascending order. Please help me in this regard and many... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmakkena
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List directories and sub directories recursively excluding files

Hi, Please help me, how to get all the direcotries, its sub directories and its sub directories recursively, need to exclude all the files in the process. I wanted to disply using a unix command all the directories recursively excluding files. I tried 'ls -FR' but that display files as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pointers
3 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

List matching directories in current folder only on AIX

Hi, I need to find the list of matching direcories in current folder only and no subfolders on AIX.I tried -maxdepth option but its not working. Also, tried ls -d option to list the matching directories but getting argument list too long... So, any help would be appreciated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash function accepting list of strings and error message

I have a variable strLst containing a list of strings. I want to create a function that takes the list and an error message. If the number of strings is 0 or greater than 1, I print the error message. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current path except one directory?

Can anyone come up with a unix command that lists all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current directory except a folder called log.? Thank you in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Eliminate error message (/dev/null)?

I am trying to eliminate an error message from a script. This is the error message: find: stat() error /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/KUMAX: No such file or directory if ]; then runthiscommand=`su nxadm -c "ssh -t $new3 exec /bin/sh -s">/tmp/filew3 2>/tmp/error.txt<<EOF ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List the directories, having given pattern in the directories name, sorted by creation date

It is for HP-Unix B.11.31. Requirement: 1. List the directories, having given pattern in the directories name, sorted by creation date. Example: Directories with name "pkg32*" or "pkg33*" 2. On the output of 1. list the directories by creation date as sort order, with creation date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find Null values in Columns and fail execution by displaying error message

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting. I have a requirement as part of my job to find out null/empty values in column 2 and column 3 from a CSV file and exit the further execution of script by displaying a simple error message. I have developed a script to do this by reading various articles... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpk
7 Replies
SSL_CTX_new(3SSL)						      OpenSSL							 SSL_CTX_new(3SSL)

NAME
SSL_CTX_new - create a new SSL_CTX object as framework for TLS/SSL enabled functions SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> SSL_CTX *SSL_CTX_new(const SSL_METHOD *method); DESCRIPTION
SSL_CTX_new() creates a new SSL_CTX object as framework to establish TLS/SSL enabled connections. NOTES
The SSL_CTX object uses method as connection method. The methods exist in a generic type (for client and server use), a server only type, and a client only type. method can be of the following types: SSLv2_method(void), SSLv2_server_method(void), SSLv2_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the SSLv2 protocol. A client will send out SSLv2 client hello messages and will also indicate that it only understand SSLv2. A server will only understand SSLv2 client hello messages. SSLv3_method(void), SSLv3_server_method(void), SSLv3_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the SSLv3 protocol. A client will send out SSLv3 client hello messages and will indicate that it only understands SSLv3. A server will only understand SSLv3 client hello messages. This especially means, that it will not understand SSLv2 client hello messages which are widely used for compatibility reasons, see SSLv23_*_method(). TLSv1_method(void), TLSv1_server_method(void), TLSv1_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the TLSv1 protocol. A client will send out TLSv1 client hello messages and will indicate that it only understands TLSv1. A server will only understand TLSv1 client hello messages. This especially means, that it will not understand SSLv2 client hello messages which are widely used for compatibility reasons, see SSLv23_*_method(). It will also not understand SSLv3 client hello messages. SSLv23_method(void), SSLv23_server_method(void), SSLv23_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will understand the SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1 protocol. A client will send out SSLv2 client hello messages and will indicate that it also understands SSLv3 and TLSv1. A server will understand SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1 client hello messages. This is the best choice when compatibility is a concern. The list of protocols available can later be limited using the SSL_OP_NO_SSLv2, SSL_OP_NO_SSLv3, SSL_OP_NO_TLSv1 options of the SSL_CTX_set_options() or SSL_set_options() functions. Using these options it is possible to choose e.g. SSLv23_server_method() and be able to negotiate with all possible clients, but to only allow newer protocols like SSLv3 or TLSv1. SSL_CTX_new() initializes the list of ciphers, the session cache setting, the callbacks, the keys and certificates, and the options to its default values. RETURN VALUES
The following return values can occur: NULL The creation of a new SSL_CTX object failed. Check the error stack to find out the reason. Pointer to an SSL_CTX object The return value points to an allocated SSL_CTX object. SEE ALSO
SSL_CTX_free(3), SSL_accept(3), ssl(3), SSL_set_connect_state(3) 1.0.1e 2013-02-11 SSL_CTX_new(3SSL)