Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl program to simulate Least Recently Loaded paging Post 302559384 by guidely on Tuesday 27th of September 2011 02:56:05 AM
Old 09-27-2011
Perl program to simulate Least Recently Loaded paging

Hi, If I want to write perl program that simulated Least Recently Loaded(LRL) to calculate page fault:
The user must input page access and number of page fram that need to be greater than 3
Example
Code:
Page Access: 5, 3, 4, 1, 7, 5, 3, 2, 3, 6, 7, 1, 4, 6
Frames: 3   
PA:     5 3 4 1 7 5 3 2 3 6 7 1 4 6
 F1:     5 5 5 1 1 1 3 3 3 3 3 1 1 1
 F2:     - 3 3 3 7 7 7 2 2 2 7 7 7 6
 F3:     - - 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 6 6 6 4 4
PF:  x x x x x x x x - x x x  x x

Page fault(X) = 13
PA is stand for page access
the one that not get count is when the number is duplicated

SO I think of FIFO queue to implement but I Dont really know how to do array like that

Last edited by pludi; 09-27-2011 at 04:36 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

perl update while script is loaded

Hi All, What will happen to the perl script loaded on the memory if I do perl update? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl program

I wish to write a Perl program that will provide a listing of files in a directory. The files must be listed in sorted order by the file name. • By default, the program displays only file names. • By default, the program lists the files in the current directory. • The program must provide the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: livewire06
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl program

could i get any help with how to link this program together. i dont know what to put where the X's are print `flush`; thank(); #print thank header use Getopt::Std; # use declaration with the options function getopts("ld:") or usage() and exit; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: livewire06
3 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Calling compiled C program with Perl program

Long story short: I'm working inside of a Unix SSH under a bash shell. I have to code a C program that generates a random number. Then I have to call the compiled C program with a Perl program to run the C program 20 times and put all the generated random #s into a text file, then print that text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdkirby
1 Replies

5. Programming

Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX

Writing a Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX I have over the years come across the same issue a couple of times, and it normally is that the read speed on SAN is absolutely atrocious when doing non-sequential I/O to the disks. Problem being of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrghost
7 Replies

6. Programming

Perl program

Hi I am new to perl, i need to write a program to convert horizontal words to vertical eg: cat, dog, cow,.....(text file) this should be written as 1.cat 2.dog like this. can u pls help me to work out.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitha
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting two perl scripts together... triming whitespace off of recently parsed file

Thanks to people's help, I have composed a single line within a .sh script that Ports a file into a csv: perl -p -i -e... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astrocloud
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help regarding a Perl Program

I want to traverse a durectory for a particular file. Situataion is like this. Path is ABC/a/c/g. it has around 100 folders in it. Search a directory which has word "*latest*" in its path. and then from the latest go through z/x/c to file final.html. In total, i want it to go through... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemasid
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program

can anyone help me out to write a code by connecting to the sql database and I need to print the list of tables present in the databse. any ideas please. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program get a response before the program quits

I created a program, so a kid can practice there math on it. It dispenses varies math problems and the kid must input an answer. I also want it to grade the work they have done, but I can't find the best place for it to print out the grade. I have: if ( $response =~ m/^/ ) { $user_wants_to_quit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: germany1517
1 Replies
sestatus(8)						SELinux command line documentation					       sestatus(8)

NAME
sestatus - SELinux status tool SYNOPSIS
sestatus [-v] [-b] This tool is used to get the status of a system running SELinux. DESCRIPTION
This manual page describes the sestatus program. This tool is used to get the status of a system running SELinux. It displays data about whether SELinux is enabled or disabled, location of key directories, and the loaded policy with its status as shown in the example: > sestatus SELinux status: enabled SELinuxfs mount: /selinux SELinux root directory: /etc/selinux Loaded policy name: targeted Current mode: permissive Mode from config file: enforcing Policy MLS status: enabled Policy deny_unknown status: allow Max kernel policy version: 26 sestatus can also be used to display: - The security context of files and processes listed in the /etc/sestatus.conf file. The format of this file is described in ses- tatus.conf(5). - The status of booleans. OPTIONS
-v Displays the contexts of files and processes listed in the /etc/sestatus.conf file. It also checks whether the file is a symbolic link, if so then the context of the target file is also shown. The following contexts will always be displayed: The current process context The init process context The controlling terminal file context -b Display the current state of booleans. FILES
/etc/sestatus.conf AUTHOR
This man page was written by Daniel Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. The program was written by Chris PeBenito <pebenito@gentoo.org> SEE ALSO
selinux(8), sestatus.conf(5) Security Enhanced Linux 26 Nov 2011 sestatus(8)