Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Combining information from Excel files Post 302559310 by Xterra on Monday 26th of September 2011 05:40:53 PM
Old 09-26-2011
ctsgnb

Thank you very, very much!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

combining files

how will i combine these 2 files below, with the desired output specified below: file1: one two three four file2: red blue yellow green file3: aaa bbb ccc ddd (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apalex
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining Two Files

I have two files which contain data from two different transactions in the same format: <Name> - <Count> My goal is to end up with data in this format after combining the two: <Name> - <Count1> - <Count2> Is this possible to do with awk, or is there something better? Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bat711
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining Two Files

Could someone help me reduce the number of runs for a shell program I created? I have two text files below: $ more list1.txt 01 AAA 02 BBB 03 CCC 04 DDD $ more list2.txt 01 EEE 02 FFF 03 GGG I want to combine the lines with the same number to get the below: 01 AAA 01 EEE 02... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combining information from a comma delimited file

I have a comma delimited file which also contains commas in the text. I was wondering how I can combine one whole column of that file with another file. In essence I'm trying to do an excel vlookup in UNIX to return the information from one column in the comma delimited file(containing text commas... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vzismann
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: Split Excel Workbook to Indiv Excel files

Hi, I am trying to find a way to read an excel work book with multiple worksheets. And write each worksheet into a new excel file using perl. My environment is Unix. For example: I have an excel workbook TEST.xls and it has Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3 worksheets. I would like to create... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep78
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

combining two files

Hi Gurus, I have 2 files: File1 Filename1 xx Filename1 yy Filename1 Total Filename2 xx Filename2 yy Filename2 zz Filename2 Total Filename3 xx Filename3 Total and File2: Filename1 10296 xxx Date: 09/01/08 Filename2 10296 xxx Date: 09/05/08... (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: rock1
36 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Help in reading N days files from a Directory & combining the files

Hi All, Request your expertise in tackling one requirement in my project,(i dont have much expertise in Shell Scripting). The requirement is as below, 1) We store the last run date of a process in a file. When the batch run the next time, it should read this file, get the last run date from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining files

Hi I have about 108 files (text files) that end with .avg and each one of these files have a distinct name that describes what is in the file. In each file there is a set of 80 values that are tab separated. I want to combine all 108 files into ONE main file. So each file is named: 1.avg... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to Merge contents of 2 different excel files in a single excel file

All, I have an excel sheet Excel1.xls that has some entries. I have one more excel sheet Excel2.xls that has entries only in those cells which are blank in Excel1.xls These may be in different workbooks. They are totally independent made by 2 different users. I have placed them in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anamika08
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting information from XML to excel

Hi, I am trying to extract information from a XML file and write it to a excel sheet. I am not sure where to start from. Here is the content from my input XML file. <com.cloudbees.hudson.plugins.folder.properties.FolderProxyGroupContainer plugin="nectar-rbac@4.5"> <groups> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sajjadmehdi
4 Replies
Excel::Writer::XLSX::Package::XMLwriterSimple(3pm)	User Contributed Perl Documentation	Excel::Writer::XLSX::Package::XMLwriterSimple(3pm)

NAME
XMLwriterSimple - Light weight re-implementation of XML::Writer. This module is used internally by Excel::Writer::XLSX. DESCRIPTION
This module is used by Excel::Writer::XLSX for writing XML documents. It is a light weight re-implementation of XML::Writer. XMLwriterSimple is approximately twice as fast as XML::Writer. This speed is achieved at the expense of error and correctness checking. In addition not all of the XML::Writer methods are implemented. As such, XMLwriterSimple is not recommended for use outside of Excel::Writer::XLSX. If required XMLwriterSimple can be overridden and XML::Writer can be used in its place by setting an "_EXCEL_WRITER_XLSX_USE_XML_WRITER" environmental variable: export _EXCEL_WRITER_XLSX_USE_XML_WRITER=1 perl example.pl Or for one off programs: _EXCEL_WRITER_XLSX_USE_XML_WRITER=1 perl example.pl This technique is used for verifying the test suite with both XMLwriterSimple and XML::Writer: _EXCEL_WRITER_XLSX_USE_XML_WRITER=1 prove -l -r t SEE ALSO
XML::Writer. AUTHOR
John McNamara jmcnamara@cpan.org COPYRIGHT
X MM-MMXII, John McNamara. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software. It may be used, redistributed and/or modified under the same terms as Perl itself. LICENSE
Either the Perl Artistic Licence <http://dev.perl.org/licenses/artistic.html> or the GPL <http://www.opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php>. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
See the documentation for Excel::Writer::XLSX. perl v5.10.1 2012-04-02 Excel::Writer::XLSX::Package::XMLwriterSimple(3pm)