Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX View OS version within HMC web GUI? Post 302559300 by Spellbound on Monday 26th of September 2011 04:49:15 PM
Old 09-26-2011
I just checked my GUI and I don't see it saying specifically. It just says that the Environment is either AIX or Linux. We just named our LPARS to indicate what O/S was running (we have the same sort of thing AIX 5.3 and AIX 6.1)
This User Gave Thanks to Spellbound For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to view NTP version?

Hi there, How do I find out the version of NTP which is running in my Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3 machine. Any help related to this is very much appreciable. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skmdu
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Web gui for mail?

I am using Solaris 10, and would like a web gui for mail or can replace the mail server if needed, it doesnt need to be anything elaborate, just something where i can view mail via a web browser rather than command line and hitting 'd' a 1000 times to delete all my cron job mails etc :p I've... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ippy98
8 Replies

3. Web Development

web interface to view,copy,select files

Hi. I have been working on an email backup solution. I need some kind of web admin interface to view , copy & select files in order to restore them. Can someone point me to the right direction? Or do i need to code it from scratch. Something that need a little modification to work is OK. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Advanced Search * View * Edit JAVA version to WORK in GLASSFISH Forum topic JAVA version

Would like to confirm the ff. I got confused actually with the version I needed to download that will work on glassfish 3.0.1 a. Debian Squeeze (HP DL360). Need to use java version6 On Debian, I did apt-get install sun-java6-jdk. So when I check it's java version "1.6.0_22" Java(TM) SE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

5. Hardware

I need help to download firmware fo HMC from version 7.3.4 to vervion 7.3.5

All, I need to upgrade my HMC from version 7.3.4 to vervion 7.3.5. The HMC has a Machine type of 7310-CR2 Xseries 335 . Where could I download the firmware for such hardware (HMC Machine type of 7310-CR2 Xseries 335 )? Please answer because I need to upgrade that HMC the HMC to bring to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jesifra
3 Replies

6. AIX

View IP of HMC from AIX

Trying to get the IP address of the HMC connected to some servers running AIX 6 and 7. I thought this would be as easy as running 'lsrsrc IBM.MCP IPAddresses', but when I run that command, the resource is empty. Is there some where else I should be looking, or is there a reason why this resource... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: acascianelli
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Is there any GUI or web ui to administrate zfs/zpool

HI, Is there any GUI or web ui to administrate zfs/zpool. i want to monitor/expand/migrate zfs from one machine to another machine (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using PHP to view syslog in private web page

I am trying to extract data from syslog and view it on a web page. I'm using a php script. This line works from command line tail -n 11 /var/log/_gateway-syslog.log | grep -a iWiSP-Out | awk '{print $8, $9,$10,$11" ",$19," " $15, $16,$17," " $18,$21, $22}' when I put it into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ae4ml
4 Replies
FENCE_AGENT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    FENCE_AGENT(8)

NAME
fence_lpar - Fence agent for IBM LPAR DESCRIPTION
fence_lpar accepts options on the command line as well as from stdin. Fenced sends parameters through stdin when it execs the agent. fence_lpar can be run by itself with command line options. This is useful for testing and for turning outlets on or off from scripts. PARAMETERS
-o, --action=<action> Fencing Action (Default Value: reboot) -a, --ip=<ip> IP Address or Hostname This parameter is always required. -l, --username=<name> Login Name This parameter is always required. -p, --password=<password> Login password or passphrase -S, --password-script=<script> Script to retrieve password -x, --ssh SSH connection (Default Value: 1) -k, --identity-file=<filename> Identity file for ssh -n <id> Name of the partition Partition name -s <id> Name of the managed system Managed system name -H, --hmc-version=<version> Force HMC version to use (3 or 4) (Default Value: 4) -c, --command-prompt=<prompt> Force command prompt (Default Value: [':~>', ']$', '$ ']) -4, --inet4-only Forces agent to use IPv4 addresses only -6, --inet6-only Forces agent to use IPv6 addresses only -u, --ipport=<port> TCP port to use for connection with device -v, --verbose Verbose mode -D, --debug-file=<debugfile> Write debug information to given file -V, --version Display version information and exit -h, --help Display help and exit -C, --separator=<char> Separator for CSV created by operation list (Default Value: ,) --power-timeout Test X seconds for status change after ON/OFF (Default Value: 20) --shell-timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after issuing command (Default Value: 3) --login-timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after login (Default Value: 15) --power-wait Wait X seconds after issuing ON/OFF (Default Value: 0) --delay Wait X seconds before fencing is started (Default Value: 0) --retry-on Count of attempts to retry power on (Default Value: 1) ACTIONS
on Power on machine. off Power off machine. reboot Reboot machine. status This returns the status of the plug/virtual machine. list List available plugs with aliases/virtual machines if there is support for more then one device. Returns N/A otherwise. monitor Check if fencing device is running. List available plugs/virtual machines or get status of machine (if it does not support more). metadata The operational behavior of this is not known. STDIN PARAMETERS
action Fencing Action (Default Value: reboot) ipaddr IP Address or Hostname This parameter is always required. login Login Name This parameter is always required. passwd Login password or passphrase passwd_script Script to retrieve password secure SSH connection (Default Value: 1) identity_file Identity file for ssh partition Partition name managed Managed system name hmc_version Force HMC version to use (3 or 4) (Default Value: 4) cmd_prompt Force command prompt (Default Value: [':~>', ']$', '$ ']) inet4_only Forces agent to use IPv4 addresses only inet6_only Forces agent to use IPv6 addresses only ipport TCP port to use for connection with device verbose Verbose mode debug Write debug information to given file version Display version information and exit help Display help and exit separator Separator for CSV created by operation list (Default Value: ,) power_timeout Test X seconds for status change after ON/OFF (Default Value: 20) shell_timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after issuing command (Default Value: 3) login_timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after login (Default Value: 15) power_wait Wait X seconds after issuing ON/OFF (Default Value: 0) delay Wait X seconds before fencing is started (Default Value: 0) retry_on Count of attempts to retry power on (Default Value: 1) fence_lpar (Fence Agent) 2009-10-20 FENCE_AGENT(8)