Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Korn shell to insert cyrillic characters into the databse Post 302559234 by vkca on Monday 26th of September 2011 01:27:32 PM
Old 09-26-2011
Java

the csv file is encoded in UTF8

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Cyrillic under X

RedHat 7.2, Gnome 1.4. tried "everything" but still can't figure out how to make cyrillic characters work normally. actually I don't care about anything other than Opera (6.01). I need it to display cyrillic normally. If anyone knows the solution plz help. TIA!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: D-Lexy
2 Replies

2. Programming

how to insert and delete characters in the middle of file

I have a problem that I want to insert and delete some chars in the middle of a file. fopen() and fdopen() just allow to append at the end. Is there any simple method or existing library that allow these actions? Thanks in advance.:confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivancheung
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to escape special characters in Korn shell script

Hi, I would like to display the following message from my shell (Korn) script Copy "old_file.txt" to "new_file.txt" My code looks as follows print "Copy "old_file.txt" to "new_file.txt"" However, when I execute the script, I get the following output Copy old_file.txt to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogers42
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert greek characters in to vi editor

Hi, I want to test a unix file by inserting greek characters in to vi editor. Can anyone please suggest how to insert greek characters in to vi editor. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DSDexter
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert space between characters using sed

Input: Youcaneasilydothisbyhighlightingyourcode. Putting space after three characters. You can eas ily dot his byh igh lig hti ngy our cod e. How can i do this using sed? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert spaces between characters with pure shell

A file contains: abcdef I need : a b c d e f It's easy with sed sed 's/./& /g'but this is embedded linux that doesn't have sed/awk. The shell is unknown but it's bashlike. Parameter expansion works and seems promising and. A question mark seems to work as a wildcard, but there doesn't seem... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fubaya
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell program to parse CSV text file and insert values into Oracle database

Enclosed is comma separated text file. I need to write a korn shell program that will parse the text file and insert the values into Oracle database. I need to write the korn shell program on Red Hat Enterprise Linux server. Oracle database is 10g. (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellguy
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell script to insert at specific line

Hi, I am trying to put together a Korn Shell script to insert at a specific line. The system we use is SunOS 5.10 I can get the line number by using:- num=`sed -n '/export ENV/=' ./tmp.file` Not getting much headway using the above variable's value to insert - export SYBASE=/opt/sybase15... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aj8200
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insert multiple characters in string

Hello, newb here :o How do I add square brackets before and after the first character in a string using sed? e.g. 0123456 123456 My attempts have been fruitless. sed 's/.\{0\}//' Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadyuk
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cyrillic Hostnames?

As the title suggests, I'm wondering if its possible to set a hostname to a name or word with Cyrillic letters (e.g. - Like the Russian alphabet). I tried installing the cyrillic-console package in Debian. I switched my desktop to Russian as well. However, when I try to set the hostname I get that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
2 Replies
NetSDS::Util::Translit(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       NetSDS::Util::Translit(3pm)

NAME
NetSDS::Util::Translit - transliteration routines SYNOPSIS
use NetSDS::Const; use NetSDS::Util::Translit; # Transliterate cyrillic string $trans_string = trans_cyr_lat($cyr_string); # Reverse transliteration to russian language $rus_string = trans_lat_cyr("Vsem privet", LANG_RU); DESCRIPTION
"NetSDS::Util::Translit" module contains routines for bidirectional cyrillic text transliteration. Now it supports russian and ukrainian languages processing. EXPORTS
trans_cyr_lat($text[, $lang]) - transliterate string Convert text from cyrillic to latin encoding. Language may be set if not default one. $lat = trans_cyr_lat($string); trans_lat_cyr($text[, $lang]) - reverse transliteration This function transliterate string from latin encoding to cyrillic one. Target language may be set if not default one. $cyr = trans_lat_cyr("Sam baran", "ru"); EXAMPLES
None yet BUGS
Unknown yet TODO
Implement examples and tests. SEE ALSO
Encode, perlunicode AUTHORS
Valentyn Solomko <pere@pere.org.ua> perl v5.12.4 2011-08-27 NetSDS::Util::Translit(3pm)