Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract all ERROR's on LOG File Post 302559153 by Aswex on Monday 26th of September 2011 10:22:18 AM
Old 09-26-2011
Extract all ERROR's on LOG File

Hello,

As I am still in trouble to easly extract all error's by date in log file, I am deply requesting your help ...

Here is an example of one error (the log file may contain a huge amont of error's, I must be able to extract all error for a day in parameter):

Code:
***** L1 FILE TEX_SAP4_ITD2_E_MU20060518004324 - CPU TIME 2010-06-09T09:54:53
GMT_PRODUCT_CREATION_TIME = 2010-06-09T09:54:53
Execution OK
***** L1 FILE TEX_SAP4_ITD2_E_MU20060518004335 - CPU TIME 2010-06-09T09:54:59
 Input file is empty or contains only comments
ERROR : Cannot open attitude binary file ATNV_FDLVMA_DAP051109051109_00302.BIN with initAttJ2000 : ier= 1
GMT_PRODUCT_CREATION_TIME = 2010-06-09T09:54:59
Bad Execution. See /DATA/SATURN1//DATA/SPD_TEX_FILES/LOGS/TEX.log or /DATA/SATURN1//DATA/SPD_TEX_FILES/TMP//JDB_SPD_NPD_20051109_20060831_20100609074221_stat_specc.
5+2010/06/09-09:55:03+produire_fichier_SPD.ksh+Erreur lors du lancement de l'executable : /DATA/SATURN1//SOFT/SPD_TEX/SPD_L1/bin//generer_SPD_ITD2.exe
***** L1 FILE TEX_SAP4_ITD2_E_MU20060518112848 - CPU TIME 2010-06-09T09:55:03
GMT_PRODUCT_CREATION_TIME = 2010-06-09T09:55:03
Execution OK

As if I use grep I can only see the line with error, I need help for a command line that will extract by DATE all error found like this :

Code:
***** L1 FILE TEX_SAP4_ITD2_E_MU20060518004335 - CPU TIME 2010-06-09T09:54:59
 Input file is empty or contains only comments
ERROR : Cannot open attitude binary file ATNV_FDLVMA_DAP051109051109_00302.BIN with initAttJ2000 : ier= 1
GMT_PRODUCT_CREATION_TIME = 2010-06-09T09:54:59
Bad Execution. See /DATA/SATURN1//DATA/SPD_TEX_FILES/LOGS/TEX.log or /DATA/SATURN1//DATA/SPD_TEX_FILES/TMP//JDB_SPD_NPD_20051109_20060831_20100609074221_stat_specc.
5+2010/06/09-09:55:03+produire_fichier_SPD.ksh+Erreur lors du lancement de l'executable : /DATA/SATURN1//SOFT/SPD_TEX/SPD_L1/bin//generer_SPD_ITD2.exe

I need to be able to filter all error's by date like :

grep 2010-06-09 | command ....

Thanks in advanced for your help .. I am completly lost on this. Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract a portion of log file

hello, I want to grep the log file according to time and get the portion of log from one particular time to other. I can grep for individual lines by time but how should I print lines continuously from given start time till end till given end time. Appreciate your ideas, Thanks chandra (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandra004
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values from log file

I would like to write a shell script that will parse through a file similar to the sample below. The data in the file is redirected from rsync into a log file. I would like to call a shell script to parse through and pick out the number beside the percent sign inside the parentheses in the last... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wdympcf
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract certain part of log file?

Hi there, I'm having some problem with UNIX scripting (ksh), perhaps somebody can help me out? For example: ------------ Sample content of my log file (text file): -------------------------------------- File1: .... info_1 ... info_2 ... info_3 ... File2: .... info_1 ... info_2 ...... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script extract from log file

Hi i new to scripting and am trying to create a script to pull my current of logs from /var/logs/secure and name it securelog-Month-Day-Hour.txt example: grep 'Mar 5 11' /var/logs/secure > /home/(user)/Documents/Logs/mylog-02-1-11 How do i set the targeted strings to be the current... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: M47H415
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract various information from a log file

Hye ShamRock If you can help me with this difficult task for me then it will save my day Logs : ================================================================================================================== ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilvesterJ
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract IP Address from Log File

I have a log file with several IP addresses in it:- 2012-12-06 16:05:05,885 NOTICE **SNMP** Alarm was created: (LicenseClientRejected) Client Remote Peer /125.111.64.125:2573 was Rejected Property=/125.111.64.125:2573, Client Remote Peer /125.111.64.125:2573 was Rejected **SNMP**.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BHM
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract a String from log file

Hi i am having a logfile which contain lot of entires, but i need extract a word after if i found a line that contains a particular string as "ENROLLMENT_EXCEPTION - Exception". please help me in getting a script to do this. Regards C. Suresh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeeva1907
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract Numbers from a log file

Hi, I am trying to grep/extract the number list from this log file, can I get some help on this. I can grep the word 'href' to see the numbers, but it is resulting with the complete line. Content of my file: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN"> <html> <head>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sajjadmehdi
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract start/end times from log file to CSV file?

Hi, I have a log file (log.txt) that which contains lines of date/time. I need to create a script to extract a CSV file (out.csv) that gets all the sequential times (with only 1 minute difference) together by stating the start time and end time of this period. Sample log file (log.txt) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.Zizo
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from a log file and put it in a file

Hi, I would like to seek your help for a script that will extract data from log file and put it in a file. Sample log file 2018-10-23 12:33:21 AI ERROR -- tpid: SAMPLE_TH account: 123456789 aiSessionNumber: 660640464 mapName: xxx to yyy errorDesc: Translation Error:ErrorNumber : 993 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neverwinter112
2 Replies
CREATE FOREIGN DATA 
WRAPPER(7) SQL Commands CREATE FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER(7) NAME
CREATE FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER - define a new foreign-data wrapper SYNOPSIS
CREATE FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER name [ VALIDATOR valfunction | NO VALIDATOR ] [ OPTIONS ( option 'value' [, ... ] ) ] DESCRIPTION
CREATE FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER creates a new foreign-data wrapper. The user who defines a foreign-data wrapper becomes its owner. The foreign-data wrapper name must be unique within the database. Only superusers can create foreign-data wrappers. PARAMETERS
name The name of the foreign-data wrapper to be created. VALIDATOR valfunction valfunction is the name of a previously registered function that will be called to check the generic options given to the foreign- data wrapper, as well as to foreign servers and user mappings using the foreign-data wrapper. If no validator function or NO VALIDA- TOR is specified, then options will not be checked at creation time. (Foreign-data wrappers will possibly ignore or reject invalid option specifications at run time, depending on the implementation.) The validator function must take two arguments: one of type text[], which will contain the array of options as stored in the system catalogs, and one of type oid, which will be the OID of the system catalog containing the options. The return type is ignored; the function should indicate invalid options using the ereport() function. OPTIONS ( option 'value' [, ... ] ) This clause specifies options for the new foreign-data wrapper. The allowed option names and values are specific to each foreign data wrapper and are validated using the foreign-data wrapper library. Option names must be unique. NOTES
At the moment, the foreign-data wrapper functionality is very rudimentary. The purpose of foreign-data wrappers, foreign servers, and user mappings is to store this information in a standard way so that it can be queried by interested applications. One such application is dblink; see in the documentation. The functionality to actually query external data through a foreign-data wrapper library does not exist yet. There is currently one foreign-data wrapper validator function provided: postgresql_fdw_validator, which accepts options corresponding to libpq connection parameters. EXAMPLES
Create a foreign-data wrapper dummy: CREATE FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER dummy; Create a foreign-data wrapper postgresql with validator function postgresql_fdw_validator: CREATE FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER postgresql VALIDATOR postgresql_fdw_validator; Create a foreign-data wrapper mywrapper with some options: CREATE FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER mywrapper OPTIONS (debug 'true'); COMPATIBILITY
CREATE FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER conforms to ISO/IEC 9075-9 (SQL/MED), with the exception that the VALIDATOR clause is an extension and the clauses LIBRARY and LANGUAGE are not yet implemented in PostgreSQL. Note, however, that the SQL/MED functionality as a whole is not yet conforming. SEE ALSO
ALTER FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER [alter_foreign_data_wrapper(7)], DROP FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER [drop_foreign_data_wrapper(7)], CREATE SERVER [cre- ate_server(7)], CREATE USER MAPPING [create_user_mapping(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 CREATE FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER(7)