Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find digit which is greater than 1000 in text -using shellscript Post 302559091 by jayan_jay on Monday 26th of September 2011 07:57:27 AM
Old 09-26-2011
Code:
$ grep "[1-9]..." infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find first digit in string using expr index

I have looked for hours for an answer, so I have decided to request your guidance. I want to substract the first number (series of digits) contained in a string. This string is the output of another command. The substring (number) can be located at any position inside the string. I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcd
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shellscript to find a line in between a particular set of lines of a text file

i have a file a.txt and following is only one portion. I want to search <branch value="/dev36/AREA/" include="yes"></branch> present in between <template_file name="Approve External" path="core/approve/bin" and </template_file> where the no of lines containing "<branch value= " is increasing ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shellscript to find duplicates according to size

I have a folder which in turn has numerous sub folders all containing pdf files with same file named in different ways. So I need a script if it can be written to find and print the duplicate files (That is files with same size) along with the respective paths. So I assume here that same file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaddevil
5 Replies

4. Programming

Find out 2^n+1 , where n is a 3 digit number

I have to write a c program which takes a 3 digit number n and calculates the value of (2^n)+1 and then determines the number is prime or not. I have tried to first calculate the value of 2^n and then adding one to it and then apply the logic of prime number. but the ultimate problem is that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: agrawal.prachi
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find more then 1000 file at a time

Dear All, The need to found more than 1000 file are available in particular directory or not .That more than 1000 file stored in file.txt . i tried with locate & find command .But i can't get.pls post if any other option (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kpoobathi
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find the string contain in which file 1000 files.

Hi Greetings i have 1000 files (xmlfiles) and i need to find which file contain the string over 1000 file all file end with txt i tried with grep -c "string" *.txt i am getting an error -bash: /bin/egrep: Argument list too long i have put an script like below #!/bin/bash for line... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: venikathir
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use use /usr/bin/find for 4 digit year dirs only

I have lots of directories in ~/. My diaries are stored in directories in ~/ containing exactly 4 digits. How do I use the /usr/bin/find command to only search my diary directories? So I would like my search to include ~/2009/abc/def and ~/2010/2001/33 but not ~/103/ or ~/20101/ or ~/201/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find greater than value

Hi I want to find greater than and min value. dategrep() { varlinenum=$1 varSESSTRANS_CL="$(egrep -n "<\/SESSTRANSFORMATIONINST>" tmpsess9580.txt | cut -d":" -f1)" echo $varSESSTRANS_CL } dategrep 8 Output of the above command is: I want to find out greater than 8 and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to pull uid greater than 1000 from remote server

Hello, I am trying to get UID # greater than 1000 from all linux server, I tried this script getting this error message, someone please suggest. $for i in `cat hostlist.0709.org` ; do ssh -t $i 'awk -F':' "{ if($3 >= 1000) print $0 }" /etc/passwd ' >> output ; done $ cat output hostname1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and substitute if greater than.

I have large config-files for an application. The lines have different structure, but some of them contains the parameter 'TIMEOUT=x', where x is an numeric value. I want to change the value for that specific paramater if the value is greater than a specific value (got that?). The timeout-parameter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: useless
3 Replies
CheckDigits::M11_013(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 CheckDigits::M11_013(3pm)

NAME
CheckDigits::M11_013 - compute check digits for VAT Registration Number (GR) SYNOPSIS
use Algorithm::CheckDigits; $ustid = CheckDigits('ustid_gr'); if ($ustid->is_valid('123456783')) { # do something } $cn = $ustid->complete('12345678'); # $cn = '123456783' $cd = $ustid->checkdigit('123456783'); # $cd = '3' $bn = $ustid->basenumber('123456783'); # $bn = '12345678'; DESCRIPTION
ALGORITHM 1. Beginning right with the digit before the checkdigit all digits are weighted with 2 ** position. I. e. the last digit is multiplied with 2, the next with 4, then 8 and so on. 2. The weighted digits are added. 3. The sum from step 2 is taken modulo 11. 4. If the sum from step 3 is greater than 9, the check sum is 0 else it is the sum itself. METHODS is_valid($number) Returns true only if $number consists solely of numbers and hyphens and the two digits in the middle are valid check digits according to the algorithm given above. Returns false otherwise, complete($number) The check digit for $number is computed and inserted into the middle of $number. Returns the complete number with check digit or '' if $number does not consist solely of digits, hyphens and spaces. basenumber($number) Returns the basenumber of $number if $number has a valid check digit. Return '' otherwise. checkdigit($number) Returns the check digits of $number if $number has valid check digits. Return '' otherwise. EXPORT None by default. AUTHOR
Mathias Weidner, <mathias@weidner.in-bad-schmiedeberg.de> SEE ALSO
perl, CheckDigits, www.pruefziffernberechnung.de, perl v5.10.0 2008-05-17 CheckDigits::M11_013(3pm)