Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat hot-add disk in oracle enterprise linux 5.5 Post 302558984 by Tommyk on Monday 26th of September 2011 04:09:47 AM
Old 09-26-2011
Quote:
Oh, what about the resize2fs commands?
I had a look at those but they are only for file system sizing.

Quote:
i thing without reboot u cont get it

just a try
run kudzu and check it
Code:
class: HD
bus: SCSI
detached: 0
device: sda
desc: "VMware Virtual disk"
host: 0
id: 0
channel: 0
lun: 0

It shows the hardware device /dev/sda but it doesnt seem to pick up on the allocated size at all.

Thanks for the effort but i will keep looking and if i find anything will let you know, or if you do happen to think of anything else its always worth a try.

Last edited by Tommyk; 09-26-2011 at 05:10 AM.. Reason: quote

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

OEL5.5 hot add disk

Hi All, I have an issue when trying to hot-add a SAN disk to an oracle enterprise linux 5.5 server. The storage array we are using is an HP 24000, we have no issues with the disk usage for both ASM and LVM setup, it is just a simple matter of not being able to scan for new disk when it is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux fdisk question (Oracle Enterprise Linux)

OS: Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.2 Hypervisor: VMWare workstation 9 I created a VM and attached a 7gb virtual disk to it. Using fdisk , I partioned the disk like below. The filesystems mounted on this is working fine. But I am seeing the message Partition n does not end on cylinder boundary.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
2 Replies

3. Linux

Oracle Enterprise Linux

Simple question: i need a linux distro wich support Veritas Storage,Veritas said Oracle Enterprise Linux is supported. The question is: where to download Oracle Enterprise Linux? I have tried https://edelivery.oracle.com But i found only Oracle Linux Server aka unbreakable Linux. Where to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies
MKFS.MINIX(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual					     MKFS.MINIX(8)

NAME
mkfs.minix - make a Linux MINIX filesystem SYNOPSIS
mkfs.minix [-c|-l filename] [-n namelength] [-i inodecount] [-v] device [size-in-blocks] DESCRIPTION
mkfs.minix creates a Linux MINIX file-system on a device (usually a disk partition). The device is usually of the following form: /dev/hda[1-8] (IDE disk 1) /dev/hdb[1-8] (IDE disk 2) /dev/sda[1-8] (SCSI disk 1) /dev/sdb[1-8] (SCSI disk 2) The size-in-blocks parameter is the desired size of the file system, in blocks. It is present only for backwards compatibility. If omit- ted the size will be determined automatically. Only block counts strictly greater than 10 and strictly less than 65536 are allowed. OPTIONS
-c Check the device for bad blocks before creating the file system. If any are found, the count is printed. -n namelength Specify the maximum length of filenames. Currently, the only allowable values are 14 and 30. The default is 30. Note that kernels older than 0.99p7 only accept namelength 14. -i inodecount Specify the number of inodes for the filesystem. -l filename Read the bad blocks list from filename. The file has one bad block number per line. The count of bad blocks read is printed. -v Make a Minix version 2 filesystem. EXIT CODES
The exit code returned by mkfs.minix is one of the following: 0 No errors 8 Operational error 16 Usage or syntax error SEE ALSO
mkfs(8), fsck(8), reboot(8) AVAILABILITY
The mkfs.minix command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. Util-linux 2.6 2 July 1996 MKFS.MINIX(8)