Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Find why CPU utlization WAS high yesterday Post 302558942 by kashif_islam on Monday 26th of September 2011 01:24:24 AM
Old 09-26-2011
process accounting

How do I check if it is enabled?
ps -ef|grep -i acc shows nothing

svcs -v|grep -i acc shows

legacy_run - Apr_29 70 lrc:/etc/rc2_d/S22acct
legacy_run - Apr_29 89 lrc:/etc/rc2_d/S99AccountingDaemon

acctcom |less shows
COMMAND START END REAL CPU MEAN
NAME USER TTYNAME TIME TIME (SECS) (SECS) SIZE(K)
#accton root ? 10:07:00 10:07:00 0.01 0.01 1240.00
sh root ? 10:07:00 10:07:00 0.01 0.01 1328.00

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

High CPU Utilization

Good morning, I need some help figuring out what's eating up my cpu. My application can't get enough cpu to do its job. this is a sunfire V440 2CPU's at 1/593 GHZ with 8GB of memory. In the morning hours the box is at less than 3%. I can't figure out what else is using the CPU. We use foglight and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbouhaik
2 Replies

2. AIX

High CPU utilization

Hi am facing high cpu utilization on my sybase server. I have P550 Number Of Processors: 4 Processor Clock Speed: 1656 MHz CPU Type: 64-bit Kernel Type: 32-bit LPAR Info: 1 65-D837E Memory Size: 7840 MB in topas it shows Name PID CPU% PgSp Owner dataserv 565264 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vjm
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CPU utlization

Hi I have server with 48 cpus running SUN os. I have loaded with enough tasks. But I could see my CPU utilization is very less compared to kernal's cpu utlization. below is the output of top command load averages: 23.2, 10.1, 16.6; up 423+16:45:16 ... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaran_5555
25 Replies

4. AIX

DB2 high CPU

Hello dear friends, I have Lpar AIX 6.1 and there is DB2 installed. I have 8 Virtual CPU's configured on my Lpar and when I run nmon the CPU waiting time is always big.. I will provide screenshot for better realizing.. my question is what may produce so big waiting time?? Thanks in advance! (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
19 Replies

5. Red Hat

apache high cpu load on high traffic

i have a Intel Quad Core Xeon X3440 (4 x 2.53GHz, 8MB Cache, Hyper Threaded) with 16gig and 1tb harddrive with a 1gb port and my apache is causing my cpu to go up to 100% on all four cores heres my http.config <IfModule prefork.c> StartServers 10 MinSpareServers 10 MaxSpareServers 15... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: awww
4 Replies

6. Web Development

High CPU with Moodle

Hello list, I am managing a Moodle site on Apache2 server with Ubuntu. There are 20-30 simultaneous users and the server get 100% CPU and it stop working. The server is a dual core 3GHz and 4GB o memory. I think thta it is enough powerful machine for a Moodle site. How could I configure... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlazkano
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

what would a script include to find CPU's %system time high and user time high?

Hi , I am trying to :wall: my head while scripting ..I am really new to this stuff , never did it before :( . how to find cpu's system high time and user time high in a script?? thanks , help would be appreciated ! :) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushwey
9 Replies

8. Red Hat

High CPU Utilization

Hi Experts, I need to understand few basic things regarding top command result from one of the node i have collected: Cpu0 : 4.6%us, 2.0%sy, 0.0%ni, 91.4%id, 1.3%wa, 0.3%hi, 0.3%si, 0.0%st Cpu1 : 0.0%us, 0.3%sy, 0.0%ni, 99.7%id, 0.0%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.0%si, 0.0%st Cpu2 : ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mackjack87
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

CPU is high

Hi , We found CPU is high due to python process .Is this something that Oracle team should look on or Unix team has to work on it ?Could you please advise use of python process ? top - 12:03:03 up 43 days, 15:11, 5 users, load average: 1.53, 1.33, 1.23 Tasks: 126 total, 3 running, 123... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

High cpu usage

I have created one script and i have added it into cron to run after 10 mins. However I have noted that whenever that script runs, It causes CPU utilization of server to increase about 10-20 % I have rechecked script and there is no way i can make changes, Script contain only 2-3 commands. So... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
4 Replies
acctcom(1)							   User Commands							acctcom(1)

NAME
acctcom - search and print process accounting files SYNOPSIS
acctcom [-abfhikmqrtv] [-C sec] [-e time] [-E time] [-g group] [-H factor] [-I chars] [-l line] [-n pattern] [-o output-file] [-O sec] [-s time] [-S time] [-u user] [filename...] DESCRIPTION
The acctcom utility reads filenames, the standard input, or /var/adm/pacct, in the form described by acct.h(3HEAD) and writes selected records to standard output. Each record represents the execution of one process. The output shows the COMMAND NAME, USER, TTYNAME, START TIME, END TIME, REAL (SEC), CPU (SEC), MEAN SIZE (K), and optionally, F (the fork()/exec() flag: 1 for fork() without exec()), STAT (the system exit status), HOG FACTOR, KCORE MIN, CPU FACTOR, CHARS TRNSFD, and BLOCKS READ (total blocks read and written). A `#' is prepended to the command name if the command was executed with super-user privileges. If a process is not associated with a known terminal, a `?' is printed in the TTYNAME field. If no filename is specified, and if the standard input is associated with a terminal or /dev/null (as is the case when using `&' in the shell), /var/adm/pacct is read; otherwise, the standard input is read. If any filename arguments are given, they are read in their respective order. Each file is normally read forward, that is, in chronological order by process completion time. The file /var/adm/pacct is usually the current file to be examined; a busy system may need several such files of which all but the current file are found in /var/adm/pacctincr. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a Show some average statistics about the processes selected. The statistics will be printed after the output records. -b Read backwards, showing latest commands first. This option has no effect when standard input is read. -f Print the fork()/exec() flag and system exit status columns in the output. The numeric output for this option will be in octal. -h Instead of mean memory size, show the fraction of total available CPU time consumed by the process during its execution. This "hog factor" is computed as (total CPU time)/(elapsed time). -i Print columns containing the I/O counts in the output. -k Instead of memory size, show total kcore-minutes. -m Show mean core size (the default). -q Do not print any output records, just print the average statistics as with the -a option. -r Show CPU factor (user-time/(system-time + user-time)). -t Show separate system and user CPU times. -v Exclude column headings from the output. -C sec Show only processes with total CPU time (system-time + user-time) exceeding sec seconds. -e time Select processes existing at or before time. -E time Select processes ending at or before time. Using the same time for both -S and -E shows the processes that existed at time. -g group Show only processes belonging to group. The group may be designated by either the group ID or group name. -H factor Show only processes that exceed factor, where factor is the "hog factor" as explained in option -h above. -I chars Show only processes transferring more characters than the cutoff number given by chars. -l line Show only processes belonging to terminal /dev/term/line. -n pattern Show only commands matching pattern that may be a regular expression as in regcmp(3C), except + means one or more occur- rences. -o output-file Copy selected process records in the input data format to output-file; suppress printing to standard output. -O sec Show only processes with CPU system time exceeding sec seconds. -s time Select processes existing at or after time, given in the format hr[:min[:sec]]. -S time Select processes starting at or after time. -u user Show only processes belonging to user. The user may be specified by a user ID, a login name that is then converted to a user ID, `#' (which designates only those processes executed with superuser privileges), or `?' (which designates only those processes associated with unknown user IDs). FILES
/etc/group system group file /etc/passwd system password file /var/adm/pacctincr active processes accounting file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWaccu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ps(1), acct(1M), acctcms(1M), acctcon(1M), acctmerg(1M), acctprc(1M), acctsh(1M), fwtmp(1M), runacct(1M), su(1M), acct(2), regcmp(3C), acct.h(3HEAD), utmp(4), attributes(5) System Administration Guide: Basic Administration NOTES
acctcom reports only on processes that have terminated; use ps(1) for active processes. SunOS 5.10 11 Jan 1996 acctcom(1)