Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: strange packages!
Special Forums IP Networking strange packages! Post 302558906 by vistastar on Sunday 25th of September 2011 11:03:32 PM
Old 09-26-2011
NO, My route doen't map a port to 192.168.0.9. But it maps ports to some other PCs.
After I restart the router, the strange packages disappeared.

But where do these strange packages come from?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

strange

Hi All I am doing a locate <file_name> on my Redhat 7 System. I am unable to get the output. All the keep getting is: locate: this is not a vlaid slocate database: /var/lib/locate/slocate.db What des this mean? Is my system compromised? Thanks in advance. KS (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
13 Replies

2. Solaris

Something strange...

Hi all, Thanks for any replies and for reading in advance. We have upgraded one of our database instances to 10g on a Solaris 8 box, anyhow the other day it started trying to ping loads of weird IP addresses that we don't use, since our systems all run on pretty similar IP's. It all behind... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: B14speedfreak
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Which packages contain?

Cannot find which packages install: The executable: sharemgr The service: smb/server Anyone knows? Background, I want to setup CIFS on ZFS. Solaris 10. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sb008
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing packages

Hi, I used the following command to retrieve a list of packages and saved them into a file: rpm -q --queryformat "%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE} (%{ARCH}) \n" binutils compat-libstdc++-33 elfutils-libelf elfutils-libelf-devel gcc gcc-c++ glibc glibc-common glibc-devel-2.5 libaio libaio-devel... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avatar Gixxer
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

packages

Hi there i wonder if someone can help, i have 2 servers (serverA and serverB). on A i have 147 packages, on server B i have 714 packages installed. i need server A to have the same packages as server B. how do i compile a list of only the packages i need? so in other words the list should be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brian112
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Packages

Hi there i wonder if someone can help, i have 2 servers (serverA and serverB). on A i have 147 packages, on server B i have 714 packages installed. i need server A to have the same packages as server B. how do i compile a list of only the packages i need? so in other words the list should be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brian112
2 Replies

7. Slackware

Find Slackware Packages - packages.acl.org.ua

Hi! Let me introduce a project for find and download Slackware packages and browse Slackware repositories. The site provides following features: * Large, daily updated database with RPM, DEB, TGZ, TXZ packages for well-known repositories of the Slackware, Fedora, CentOS, RHEL, Debian,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lystor
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

help on addon packages

Hello, I am running vertica on my VMware which has Centos 5.5. I wanted to add some packages to the OS as I am working on some user defined functions. The packages which I need are openldap-devel glibc-devel glibc-common libidn-devel openssl-devel The Centos version is Centos 5.5... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Need this packages RHEL 5.6, Please help

Need this packages RHEL 5.6, Please help Hey all, I need these packages for RHEL 5.6 libyaml libyaml-devel libffi libffi-devel uname -mx86_64uname -mx86_64 Please tell me from which site I can get these packages My OS is RHEL 5.6 64 bit. Thanks, Manali (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

10. Solaris

No packages found

good morning, I am new to Solaris, and I am trying to ultimately get qiime and other bioinformatic tools loaded onto Solaris 11. Currently I am trying to load git root@Cluster-1:~# pkgadd -d "website cannot post it since I am a noob" /opt/csw/bin/pkgutil -U /opt/csw/bin/pkgutil -y... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdjack
2 Replies
RPC.YPXFRD(8)							 Reference Manual						     RPC.YPXFRD(8)

NAME
rpc.ypxfrd - NIS map transfer server SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rpc.ypxfrd [ -d path ] [ -p port ] [ --debug ] /usr/sbin/rpc.ypxfrd --version DESCRIPTION
rpc.ypxfrd is used for speed up the transfer of very large NIS maps from a NIS master to the NIS slave server. If a NIS slave server receives a message that there is a new map, it will start ypxfr for transfering the new map. ypxfr will read the contents of a map from the master server using the yp_all() function. This process can take several minutes when there are very large maps which have to be stored by the database library. The rpc.ypxfrd server speeds up the transfer process by allowing NIS slave servers to simply copy the master server's map files rather than building their own from scratch. rpc.ypxfrd uses an RPC-based file transfer protocol, so that there is no need for building a new map. rpc.ypxfrd could be started by inetd. But since it starts very slowly, it should be started after ypserv from /etc/init.d/ypxfrd. OPTIONS
--debug Causes the server to run in debugging mode. In debug mode, the server does not background itself and prints extra status messages to stderr for each request that it revceives. -d directory rpc.ypxfrd is using this directory instead of /var/yp -p port rpc.ypxfrd will bind itself to this port, which makes it possible to have a router filter packets to the NIS ports. This can restricted the access to the NIS server from hosts on the Internet. --version Prints the version number SECURITY
rpc.ypxfrd uses the same functions for checking a host as ypserv. At first, rpc.ypxfrd will check a request from an address with /etc/ypserv.securenets. If the host is allowed to connect to the server, rpc.ypxfrd will uses the rules from /etc/ypserv.conf to check the requested map. If a mapname doesn't match a rule, rpc.ypxfrd will look for the YP_SECURE key in the map. If it exists, rpc.ypxfrd will only allow requests on a reserved port. FILES
/etc/ypserv.conf /var/yp/securenets SEE ALSO
ypserv(8), makedbm(8), yppush(8), ypxfr(8) BUGS
The FreeBSD ypxfrd protocol is not compatible with that used by SunOS. This is unfortunate but unavoidable: Sun's protocol is not freely available, and even if it were it would probably not be useful since the SunOS NIS v2 implimentation uses the original ndbm package for its map databases whereas the other implimentation uses GNU DBM or Berkeley DB. These packages uses vastly different file formats. Furthermore, ndbm and gdbm are byte-order sensitive and not very smart about it, meaning that a gdbm or ndbm database created on a big endian system can't be read on a little endian system. The FreeBSD ypxfrd protocol checks, if both, master and slave, uses the same database packages and, if necessary, the byte order of the system. AUTHOR
ypxfrd protocol and FreeBSD Implementation: Bill Paul <wpaul@ctr.columbia.edu> Linux Implementation: Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@suse.de> YP Server August 2001 RPC.YPXFRD(8)