Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat DNS A-Record point to another DNS Post 302558881 by Paris Heng on Sunday 25th of September 2011 08:42:31 PM
Old 09-25-2011
DNS A-Record point to another DNS

Hi,

I have a question on how to point the DNS server-1's A-record to second DNS server, which is DNS server-2. So, the computer can access other domain which only listed in the DNS server-2. The scenario is as follow:

How to configure this in the DNS kernel? Please guide the how-to.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Dns

I would like to set up a DNS on my system, just to learn really, how difficult and what all is involved in the set up? How difficult? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jo calamine
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris DNS Client For Microsoft DNS Server

hey guys, how to add soalris box as a microsoft DNS Client ? and how to register in the microsoft DNS ?? i managed to query from the DNS server after adding /etc/resolve.conf and editing /etc/nsswitch.conf but i need to register the soalris server (dns Client) into Microsoft DNS automatically.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring DNS MX record

I now know that I have to configure dns mx to actually be able to send email correctly to my mail. I have the link(user guide) on how to do this : http://bobcares.com/blog/?p=29 but where do I configure it? Is there a specific file for the configuration? I really don't understand this part. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS server choice: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND

I'd like to get some opnions on choosing DNS server: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND comparrsion: 1) managment, easy of use 2) Security 3) features 4) peformance 5) ?? I personally prefer Windows DNS server for management, it supports GUI and command line. But I am not sure about security... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

DNS does all slave Name Server must be in the zone Resource Record file?

Hy guys, I've a problem configuring my Name Server (using bind 9) which is I'ts always necessary to put all slave Name Server for a zone in the zone resource record file or db (as you prefer)? I've this scenario: A - my domain which is son of some TLD and I delegated into two new domains B... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pharaoh
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

DHCP & DNS - Clients get IP but don't register in DNS

I am trying to setup a CentOS 6.2 server that will be doing 3 things DHCP, DNS & Samba for a very small office (2 users). The idea being this will replace a very old Win2k server. The users are all windows based clients so only the server will be Linux based. I've installed CentOS 6.2 with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FireBIade
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Create a new internal DNS CNAME record

I need to create a new internal DNS CNAME record called "project.omc.eod" that points to a server called SPARC27.ds.eod. This is my first time doing this and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikeade
10 Replies

8. Red Hat

[Solved: Missing A Record] DNS issue

Hi, I have recently built a new DNS server and created a new zone. I use an ESMTP server to handle mail and the new domain has been added to this. I can send mail to gmail and other domain addresses but unable to send it to one particular domain. (DSN:Service Unavailable) DNS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to update DNS record in Solaris 5.10?

Hi I have a DNS server running on Solaris 5.10, I need to update ip address of two urls defined on our dns server how do i do that? and do i need to restart dns/named service after? how do i restart the service? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arocker
4 Replies

10. Solaris

DNS client added to DNS server but not working

Hi, We have built a new server (RHEL VM)and added that IP/hostname into dns zone configs file on DNS server (Solaris 10). Reloaded the configuration using and added nameserver into resolv.conf on client. But when I am trying nslookup, its not getting resolved. The nameserver is not able to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
8 Replies
Net::DNS::Mailbox(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Net::DNS::Mailbox(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Mailbox - DNS mailbox representation SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Mailbox; $mailbox = new Net::DNS::Mailbox('user@example.com'); $address = $mailbox->address; DESCRIPTION
The Net::DNS::Mailbox module implements a subclass of DNS domain name objects representing the DNS coded form of RFC822 mailbox address. METHODS
new $mailbox = new Net::DNS::Mailbox('John.Doe@example.com'); $mailbox = new Net::DNS::Mailbox('John Doe <j.doe@example.com>'); Creates a mailbox object which represents the DNS domain encoded form of the mail address specified by the character string argument. The argument string consists of printable characters from the 7-bit ASCII repertoire. address $address = $mailbox->address; Returns a character string containing the RFC822 mailbox address corresponding to the encoded domain name representation described in RFC1035 section 8. DOMAIN NAME COMPRESSION AND CANONICALISATION
The Net::DNS::Mailbox1035 and Net::DNS::Mailbox2535 subclass packages implement RFC1035 domain name compression and RFC2535 canonicalisation. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)2009,2012 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, RFC822, RFC1035, RFC5322 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-16 Net::DNS::Mailbox(3)