Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Good free OS
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Good free OS Post 302558715 by hard_revenge on Sunday 25th of September 2011 04:13:06 AM
Old 09-25-2011
I think that you will find you answer in one of the following OS , UNIX FreeBSD, Linux Fedora , and Linux Centos , all of them are free ,light , and you can do some magic with them.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for good free Xserver cygwin X slow…

Hello all I was using cygwin X for years now , but now im trying to Open the new sunstudio 12 with it and its stack and slow , other folks Here at work that are using not free Xservers could open it easily. Is there some kind of free Xserver that I can use . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies

2. Solaris

how to get the more memory free space (see memory free column)

Hi all, Could please let me know how to get the more memory free space (not added the RAM) in local zone. -bash-3.00# vmstat 2 5 kthr memory page disk faults cpu r b w swap free re mf pi po fr de sr s0 s1 s1 s1 in sy cs us sy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: murthy76
3 Replies

3. Solaris

MountPoint / is 8% with 899.49MB free crossing threshold of 10% free

Hi, I have a problem one of the server file system cross the limitation MountPoint / is 8% with 899.49MB free crossing threshold of 10% free out put please help how to resolve this dev/vx/dsk/bootdg/rootvol 9.8G 8.8G 956M 91% / /devices ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriniva0
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Any good free file hosting websites out there?

Hello. I am trying to find a website where I will post a zip file containing a pdf file and the website can host it and people can download it. I just want to know any good websites for hosting these files. No surveys, free service, ease of use, no pop ups, no sign up and not a lot of advertising.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: orszhak
6 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

What is good?

Hello everyone, I am using centos, 1) solaris is free right? 2) I want to learn solaris and install it in a computer that I am mounting, I would like know what is strong in solaris and if do it is wise. I am programmer python, learning machine and programming in general,..any help thanks,.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gitac
6 Replies
VM(1)								      mgetty								     VM(1)

NAME
vm - VoiceModem is the program for handling the voice modem functionality from shell scripts ACTIONS
beep options [<frequency [<length in 0.001sec>]]> diagnostics options device name (e.g. ttyS2 dial options phone number help play options [<file names]+> record options file name shell options [<shell script [shell options]]> wait options [<time in seconds]> devicetest OPTIONS
-c n use compression type n -d n set i/o device -t, -m, -i, -e, -s, -H equals to -d <2,3,4,5,6,7> -l s set device string (e.g. -l ttyS2:ttyC0) -v verbose output -w use off / on hook signal from local handset to start and stop recording -x n set debug level -L n set maximum recording length in sec -P print first DTMF tone on stdout and exit -R read and print DTMF string on stdout and exit -S s set default shell for shell scripts (e.g. -S /bin/sh) -T n set silence timeout in 0.1sec -V n set silence threshold to <n> (0-100%%) SEE ALSO
vgetty(1) POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 30: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1' Around line 32: '=item' outside of any '=over' Around line 71: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1' perl v5.10.1 2010-04-04 VM(1)