Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to insert a sequence number column inside a pipe delimited csv file using shell scripting? Post 302558700 by nithins007 on Sunday 25th of September 2011 03:03:06 AM
Old 09-25-2011
Thank you Danmero Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with shell script for chekking a column in txt file - pipe delimited

Hi: I have a text file date(pipe delimited) which is loaded in to the DB using sql loader(&CTL files) after some initial validation by the shell script. Now i have a situation where the shell script needs to check a column in the text file and if it is NULL then it needs send this record/row... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi0435
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert CSV file (with double quoted strings) to pipe delimited file

Hi, could some help me convert CSV file (with double quoted strings) to pipe delimited file: here you go with the same data: 1,Friends,"$3.99 per 1,000 listings",8158here " 1,000 listings " should be a single field. Thanks, Ram (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ram.Math
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to Insert values in multiple lines(records) within a pipe delimited text file in specific cols

this is Korn shell unix. The scenario is I have a pipe delimited text file which needs to be customized. say for example,I have a pipe delimited text file with 15 columns(| delimited) and 200 rows. currently the 11th and 12th column has null values for all the records(there are other null columns... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasan2815
4 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

how to show particular column from pipe delimited file

hi, I have pipe delimited flat file as below 1|ab|4.5|9| 2|ac|3|12| 3|ac|4.5|8| i want to show (display) only 3rd field between pipes. please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vai15517
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pivoting csv field from pipe delimited file

Hello All, Thanks for taking time to read through the thread and for providing any possible solution. I am trying to pivot a comma separated field in a pipe delimited file. Data looks something like this: Field1|Field2 123|345,567,789 234|563,560 345|975,098,985,397,984 456|736 Desired... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: svks1985
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a column in a pipe delimited file

Hi, I have a pipe delimited file as below and I need to replace the 2nd column of each line with null values. 1|10/15/2011|fname1|lname1 2|10/15/2012|fname2|lname2 3|10/15/2013|fname3|lname3 Output file: 1||fname1|lname1 2||fname2|lname2 3||fname3|lname3 I tried this ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: member2014
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert empty columns inside a pipe delimited file

Hi All , I have pipe delimiter file with 11 columns . I need to insert 4 empty columns after column 10 . and After 11 column I need to insert a column which is having the same value for all the rows . My file 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11 New file ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hypesslearner
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a new column with sequence number (Delimiter as comma)

Hi All, I have a file which has data like a,b c,d e,f g,h And I need to insert a new column at the begining with sequence no( 1 to n) 1,a,b 2,c,d 3,e,f 4,g,h Please let me know how to acheive this in unix (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weknowd
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a piece of shell scripting to remove column from a csv file

Hi, I need to remove first column from a csv file and i can do this by using below command. cut -f1 -d, --complement Mytest.csv I need to implement this in shell scripting, Whenever i am using the above command alone in command line it is working fine. I have 5 files in my directory and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace delimiter for a particular column in a pipe delimited file

I have an input file as below Emp1|FirstName|MiddleName|LastName|Address|Pincode|PhoneNumber 1234|FirstName1|MiddleName2|LastName3| Add1 || ADD2|123|000000000 Output : 1234|FirstName1|MiddleName2|LastName3| Add1 ,, ADD2|123|000000000 OR 1234,FirstName1,MiddleName2,LastName3, Add1 ||... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: styris
2 Replies
HISTO(1)						      General Commands Manual							  HISTO(1)

NAME
histo - compute 1-dimensional histogram of N data columns SYNOPSIS
histo [-c][-p] xmin xmax nbins histo [-c][-p] imin imax DESCRIPTION
Histo bins columnular data on the standard input between the given minimum and maximum values. If three command line arguments are given, the third is taken as the number of data bins between the first two real numbers. If only two arguments are given, they are both assumed to be integers, and the number of data bins will be equal to their difference plus one. The bins are always of equal size. The output is N+1 columns of data (for N columns input), where the first column is the centroid of each division, and each row corresponds to the frequencies for each column around that value. If the -c option is present, then histo computes the cumulative histogram for each column instead of the straight frequencies. The upper value of each bin is printed also instead of the centroid. This may be useful in computing percentiles, for example. Values below the minimum specified are still counted in the cumulative total. The -p option tells histo to report the percentage of the total number of input lines rather than the absolute counts. In the case of a cumulative total, this yields the percentile values directly. Values above the maximum are counted as well as values below in this case. All input data is interpreted as real values, and columns must be white-space separated. If any value is less than the minimum or greater than the maximum, it will be ignored unless the -c option is specified. EXAMPLE
To count data values between -1 and 1 in 50 bins: histo -1 1 50 < input.dat To count frequencies of integers between 0 and 255: histo 0 255 < input.dat AUTHOR
Greg Ward SEE ALSO
cnt(1), neaten(1), rcalc(1), rlam(1), tabfunc(1), total(1) RADIANCE
9/6/96 HISTO(1)