Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to check the validity of password Post 302558586 by bartus11 on Saturday 24th of September 2011 07:38:14 AM
Old 09-24-2011
It is possible with expect utility.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

password check

Hi While using Pipe concept ,if a user enters a "login name" and "paswword" ,then how does a child process check for user password is correct or not and give notification to parent process. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: riya
1 Replies

2. Solaris

password complexity check

Hi, I am looking for a simple way to : - force the user to change his password following the first connexion - check the complexity of a password (password should has a least 8 characters with 1 special char and 1 alpha...). Thinks for your help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dbsora
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validity

Hey, I was wondering how I could write a bash script which accepts: cat <<% | bash ./results06 ---------------------------------------------------------- Exam Results 2006 ---------------------------------------------------------- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xerobeat
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check password age

Hi Guys, I hope one of you has already done this and is kind enough to share your script with me. I have a Solaris8 server that uses password aging for its local user accounts. I need a script that checks the age of the password and then sends the user an email if the password is about to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking for command output validity

hi, i'm trying to write a script to check if the home directories of users are set correctly. below is an extract of the script here, i am trying to put the name of the owner of the home directory into the variable dirperm (by reading lines in /etc/passwd). however, it seems that when the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roddo90
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script check if ssh requires a password???

Thanks to the help from this forum i've learned a lot of good stuff but I still have questions :). I need to write a script that checks if ssh to a box requires a password. I need it will be an "if" statement, if ssh requires password, then do a key exchange(with i already have). Just need to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbombillo
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding date numeral from file and check the validity of date format

hi there I have file names in different format as below triss_20111117_fxcb.csv triss_fxcb_20111117.csv xpnl_hypo_reu_miplvdone_11172011.csv xpnl_hypo_reu_miplvdone_11-17-2011.csv xpnl_hypo_reu_miplvdone_20111117.csv xpnl_hypo_reu_miplvdone_20111117xfb.csv... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date validity check

hi All, i have file in which it has 2000 records like, test.txt ==== 2011-03-01 2011-03-01 2011-03-01 2011-03-01 2011-03-01 2011-03-02 2011/03/02 previously i used for loop to find the date check like below, for i in `cat test.txt` do d=`echo $i | cut -c9-10| sed 's/^0*//'`;... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mechvijays
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password check in bash script calling on expect

password check in bash script calling on expect Background: I have to copy a file from one server, to over 100 servers in a test environment. once the file is copied, it requires to have the permissions on the file changed/verified. These are all linux servers. most of them have the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 2legit2quit
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confirming validity of programming language tools

so i have scripts that get run in ways similar to this: cat script.pl | perl - $1 $2 $3 cat script.rb | ruby - $1 $ 2 $3 my question is, how can i verify that that the "perl" or "ruby" or "python" tool being run on the box is actually a legit tool? meaning, someone may move the tool from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies
PQLIST(1)							      pqlist								 PQLIST(1)

NAME
pqlist - List available NetWare print queues SYNOPSIS
pqlist [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ pattern ] DESCRIPTION
pqlist lists all the NetWare print queues available to you on some server. If you are already connected to some server, this one is used. If pqlist does not print to a tty, the decorative header line is not printed, so that you can count the printing queue available on your server by doing pqlist -S server | wc -l pqlist looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. OPTIONS
pattern pattern is used to list only selected queues. You can use wildcards in the pattern, but you have to be careful to prevent shell inter- pretation of wildcards like '*'. -h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user name If the user name your NetWare administrator gave to you differs from your unix user-id, you should use -U to tell the server about your NetWare user name. -P password You may want to give the password required by the server on the command line. You should be careful about using passwords in scripts. -n -n should be given to mount shares which do not require a password to log in. If neither -n nor -P are given, pqlist prompts for a password. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. SEE ALSO
nwclient(5), nprint(1), slist(1), ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8) CREDITS
pqlist was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) pqlist 01/10/1996 PQLIST(1)