Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to extract the day of the year and use that info to copy a file remotely Post 302558533 by yazu on Friday 23rd of September 2011 09:47:28 PM
Old 09-23-2011
About your first question:
- You can use Python, Ruby, Perl with CPAN DateTime module or GNU date with "%j" specifier - simple.
- Or you can use pure Perl or bash date arithmetic functions (search them in Google) - harder.
- Or you can just use date with "+%d-%m-%Y" specifier - very simple and a standard solution for this kind of problems.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract info from a file using awk

Dear all I have a file call interfaces.txt Filename: interfaces.txt How can I extract the information at below? ABC_DB_001 hostname1 20901 ABC_DB_002 hostname2 20903 ABC_DB_003 hostname3 20905 Currently I am using a very stupid method grep ^ABC interfaces.txt > name.txt grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: on9west
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating Files In A Year/Month/Day File Structure

Hi Im trying to concatenate a specific file from each day in a year/month/day folder structure using Bash or equivalent. The file structure ends up like this: 2009/01/01/products 2009/01/02/products .... 2009/12/31/products The file I need is in products everyday and I need the script to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get day of year

Hi, I wold like to know the day of year from a date in input. I know to get this from sysate with date +%j But from a date in input? :confused: Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinguc
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract the info in the tag from a xml file

Hi All, Do anyone of you have any idea how to extract each<info> tag to each different file. I have 1000 raw files, which come in every 15 mins.( I am using bash) I have tried my script as below, but it took hours to finish, which is inefficiency. perl -n -e '/^<info>/ and open FH,">file".$n++;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: natalie23
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to extract info from text file between the tags

Hi, I have a text file with member information... B]Name is in H1 tag Title is in H2 tag Email is in <a id="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder3_repeaterItems_ctl01_lbnEmailMe" href="javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder3$repeaterItems$ctl01$lbnEmailMe','')">someone@company.com</a> Location:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: igurv
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort file by day of year

Hello, It's a shame to not be able to do what I need, but I am sure you will : Here is what I have in my log file : New File: 95106 Jun 6 48 TAG__KSO__2012092_0.TAB New File: 95106 Mar 26 48 TAG__KSM__2012020_0.TAB New File: 95106 Mar 26 48 TAG__KSO__2012020_0.TAB New File: 95106 May... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Julian day to dates in YEAR-MONTH-DAY

hello, I have many files called day001, day002, day003 and I want to rename them by day20070101, day20070102, etc. I need to do it for several years and leap years as well. What is the best way to do it ? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ggg
1 Replies
NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)						File Formats Manual					     NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)

NAME
/etc/netscript/network.conf - interface, firewalling, and QoS configuration file. /etc/netscript/if.conf - interface setup shell script file /etc/netscript/qos.conf - QoS setup shell script file /etc/netscript/ipfilter.conf - IP chains filtering shell script file /etc/netscript/srvfilter.conf - server IP filter shell script file DESCRIPTION
This manpage is a place holder until something better is written when the netscript itself has stopped changing rapidly. Please see the README file in the /etc/netscript directory, and READ the configuration files if you need to change them. Apart from net- work.conf, all of them contain sh (1) shell script functions which are there so that various things can be altered or hooked in at the right place. Network.conf contains the full network setup details, including special interface setup for the likes of ciped/pppd/wanconfig, and is fully commented with examples given. UPGRADE PATH FROM KERNEL 2.2.X The firewall/IP filtering stuff in ipfilter.conf is the part that changed radically with the move to iptables and a far better way of set- ting up the IP filtering rules, however the QoS and interface startup/shutdown in if.conf have changed but are backwards compatible with the old 2.2.x ipchains version of netscript for the interface address configuration settings. You will have to set up the filtering again to use iptables by directly using the iptables commands. Also, the kernel 2.2.x version scripts are set up so that iptables is only run on a 2.4.x kernel, otherwise IP forwarding is disabled if beforehand you set IPFWDING_KERNEL to FILTER_ON in network.conf. This means that when you upgrade a box to a 2.4.x router kernel, you should then be able to reboot it and log into remotely and upgrade netscript to the version that will support 2.4.x. In this situation, if you have set old IPFWDING_KERNEL setting to FILTER_ON beforehand in network.conf, all IP forwarding through the box will also be disabled. This means that you can safely remotely upgrade a firewall. SEE ALSO
netscript(8), ipchains(8), iproute(8), brcfg(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Matthew Grant <grantma@anathoth.gen.nz>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). BUGS
The author is lazy. He needs to write btter man pages... November 23, 2000 NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)