Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Vi doesnt work
Operating Systems AIX Vi doesnt work Post 302558358 by muzahed on Friday 23rd of September 2011 11:17:58 AM
Old 09-23-2011
Ygemici ; balumurugesh.. thanks guys.. but i can only try those out on sunday!! thanks a ton.. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

why doesnt my script work!!!

Is there a utility or command I can use to tell the number of decimal places a number has. For instance, if the number is 432, it will give hundred as the number of decimal places. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heedunk
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cd.. doesnt work

hi when i want to go to previous directory by typing cd.. i get the following message $ cd.. ksh: cd..: not found Please help rintingtong (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rintingtong
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

ls command doesnt work

Good Day I mistakely renamed the dld.sl file in the /usr/lib directory. When i try to ls/ftp into the box i get this error :eek: crt0: ERROR couldn't open /usr/lib/dld.sl errno:000000002 I have tried to rename it back from the renamed file to the original file name, but it gives me the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shawnbishop
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cp doesnt work - Help

When trying to copy a file in Solaris 8 it doesnt copy file or give a error. This worked 100% until the 29th. I've checked the rights and everything seems fine: drwxrwxrwx 2 bmuser bmgroup 11776 Jan 3 10:32 spool This is the file I want to copy: -rwxrwxrwx 1 bmuser bmgroup ... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudi.okelly
26 Replies

5. Red Hat

ldapsearch doesnt work.

Hii All, I am using openldap v2.3 on redhat El-4. When i run ldapsearch it returns all the entries. The command runs successfully. But when I run the ldapsearch with following filter option it doesnt work and immediately returns to the shell. ldapsearch uidNumber>=2000 I've started slapd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamik
0 Replies

6. AIX

Crontab file doesnt seem to work

Hi all. Could anyone explain me why this simple cron job doesnt work: % whoami system % crontab -l * * * * * /usr/bin/touch /home/system/foo (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsddaemon
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop doesnt work

It just does the break...even though the files are not the same... # Compare extracts #========================================== count=0 while (( count < 5 )) do (( count+=1 )) echo "Try $count" file1=$(ls -l /tmp/psjava.xml|... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sigh2010
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

compiler doesnt work

this is my file I have written. // My first C++ program #include <iostream> int main() { std::cout << "Hi there!" << std::endl"; std::cout << "This is my first C++ program" << std::endl"; return(0); } This is the error I get, why? $ g++ first.cpp ksh: g++: not found (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gustave
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why doesnt it work?

I am trying to print out two fields in a file using awk. So, I have got awk -F '\t' 'NF = 2 {print $1 $2 "]"}' two.txt in a script called what.awk When i run this version like this - ./what.awk then it runs however I want to run the program like this awk -f what.awk two.txt. When I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: The undertaker
8 Replies

10. Red Hat

Beginner : sftp doesnt work

Hello, I really appreciate any help on this. Have to connect to external server via sftp. Our server is Linux machine Linux our.server.com 3.10.0-514.26.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Jul 4 15:04:05 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I generated the keys, put them in /root/.ssh, sent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: billy5
3 Replies
BACKUP_LISTDUMPS(8)					       AFS Command Reference					       BACKUP_LISTDUMPS(8)

NAME
       backup_listdumps - Displays the dump hierarchy from the Backup Database

SYNOPSIS
       backup listdumps [-localauth] [-cell <cell name>] [-help]

backup listd [-l] [-c <cell name>] [-h]

DESCRIPTION
       The backup listdumps command displays the dump hierarchy from the Backup Database.

OPTIONS
       -localauth
	   Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The backup command interpreter presents it to
	   the Backup Server, Volume Server and VL Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell argument. For more
	   details, see backup(8).

-cell <cell name>
	   Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see backup(8).

-help
	   Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.

OUTPUT
       The output displays the complete dump hierarchy and indicates the relationship between full and incremental dump levels. Full dump levels
       appear at the left margin. The hierarchy can include more than one full dump level; each one defines a subhierarchy of dump levels that can
       be used for dumping different volume sets.

Incremental dump levels appear below and indented to the right of their parent dump levels, which can be either full or incremental. Since
       multiple incremental dump levels can share the same parent, an incremental dump level is not always directly below its parent; the amount
       of indentation indicates the parent/child relationship.

If a dump level has an associated expiration date, it appears along with the level name. Absolute expiration dates appear in the format

<dump_level> expires at <day month date time year>

and relative expiration dates in the format

<dump_level> expires in {<years>y | <months>m | <days>d}

to indicate the number of years, months, days, or combination of the three after creation a dump expires when created at this level.

EXAMPLES
       The following example depicts six dump hierarchies. The expiration date for all incremental dump levels is 13 days so that the
       corresponding tapes can be recycled two weeks after their creation. The expiration dates for all full dump levels is 27 days so that the
       corresponding tapes can be recycled four weeks after their creation.

% backup listdumps
	  /week1  expires in  27d
		/tuesday  expires in  13d
			/thursday  expires in  13d
		/sunday  expires in  13d
		       /tuesday expires in  13d
			       /thursday expires in  13d
	  /week3  expires in  27d
		/sunday  expires in  13d
	  /sunday1  expires in	27d
		  /monday1  expires in	13d
		  /tuesday1  expires in  13d
		  /wednesday1  expires in  13d
		  /thursday1  expires in  13d
		  /friday1  expires in	13d
	  /sunday2  expires in	27d
		  /monday2  expires in	13d
		  /tuesday2  expires in  13d
		  /wednesday2  expires in  13d
		  /thursday2  expires in  13d
		  /friday2  expires in	13d
	  /sunday3  expires in	27d
		  /monday1  expires in	13d
		  /tuesday1  expires in  13d
		  /wednesday1  expires in  13d
		  /thursday1  expires in  13d
		  /friday1  expires in	13d
	  /sunday4  expires in	27d
		  /monday2  expires in	13d
		  /tuesday2  expires in  13d
		  /wednesday2  expires in  13d
		  /thursday2  expires in  13d
		  /friday2  expires in	13d

PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
       The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on every machine where the Backup Server is running, or must be logged
       onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included.

SEE ALSO
       backup(8), backup_adddump(8), backup_deldump(8)

COPYRIGHT
       IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.

This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0.  It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas
       Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.

OpenAFS 							    2012-03-26						       BACKUP_LISTDUMPS(8)