Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to copy mail content in a file in Unix Post 302558351 by atul9806 on Friday 23rd of September 2011 11:01:45 AM
Old 09-23-2011
How to copy mail content in a file in Unix

Hi Guys
I want to write a script which search mail with subject line and after that I want the mail content in a file
please help guys.

Thanks
Atul Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reading a file and sending mail based on content of the file

Hi Gurus, I am having an requirement. i have to read a list file which contains file names and send mail to different users based on the files in the list file. eg. if file a.txt exists then send a mail to a@a.com simillary for b.txt,c.txt etc. Thanks for your help, Nimu (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimu1979
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy Content of a file to another file on a specific column

Hi i have a file (file1)with this content: 1.2.3.10.in-addr.arpa and a second file (file2) with a content wich have 8 Columns if a do a awk '{print $8}' file2 i become this output: ,'10.3.2.1.', So i want to replace only the 10.3.2.1. in file2 (column 8) with the information... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxus
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy entire file content into another file being in last line mode of vi ?

How to copy entire file content into another file being in last line mode of vi ? ---------- Post updated at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:56 AM ---------- Got it : :1,30w file.txt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: presul
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

prevent copy , forward of mail sent through unix

Hi, We are using mailx -s command to send mails from unix. We need to ensure that this mail is not copied,forwarded etc. Is there a command which can be used to achieve this using unix? Thanks. No double posting please, continue here. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwarkeshr
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

prevent copy , forward of mail sent through unix

Hi, We are using mailx -s command to send mails from unix. We need to ensure that this mail is not copied,forwarded etc. Is there a command which can be used to achieve this using unix? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dwarkeshr
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy content of file to another files from certain position

Hello Guys I have a directory of xml files (almost 500 ) Now in each xml file 3 new attributes will be added which are in a different single file Is there any way I can copy the whole content of single file at 6th line of all the files in the directory . Thanks a lot!!! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
7 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

copy content of file to another

I have a file called part1.pdb...contents are: ATOM 1 N SER 1 -10.295 -8.909 10.913 1.00 0.00 ATOM 2 H1 SER 1 -10.230 -8.214 10.183 1.00 0.00 ATOM 3 H2 SER 1 -9.558 -8.745 11.584 1.00 0.00 ATOM 4 H3 SER 1 -11.255 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kanikasharma
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to monitor new file in a directory and mail the file content

Hi I am looking for a help in designing a bash script on linux which can do below:- 1) Look in a specific directory for any new files 2) Mail the content of the new file Appreciate any help Regards Neha (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: neha0785
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Send file content in mail

Hi . I am new to scripting.I am trying to mail the recent file contents but not the below script which i wrote is not working.Please guide me in finishing the script File='find /Directory path/*.fnr | tail -1' content=' cat $File' echo $content | mail -s "Subject " "myname@company.com" ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik771
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy the content from txt file and create a html file

I have a txt file with a list of error messages in a xml tag format, and each error message is separated with a identifier(endresult).Need to split that and copy and create a new html file.Error message has some special character. how to escape the special character and insert my data into the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevAakash
7 Replies
CONFLICT(8)							     [nmh-1.5]							       CONFLICT(8)

NAME
conflict - search for alias/password conflicts SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/conflict [-search directory] [-mail name] [-version] [-help] [aliasfiles ...] DESCRIPTION
Conflict is a program that checks to see if the interface between nmh and the transport system is in good shape Conflict also checks for maildrops in /var/mail which do not belong to a valid user. It assumes that no user name will start with `.', and thus ignores files in /var/mail which begin with `.'. It also checks for entries in the group(5) file which do not belong to a valid user, and for users who do not have a valid group number. In addition duplicate users and groups are noted. If the -mail name switch is used, then the results will be sent to the specified name. Otherwise, the results are sent to the standard output. The -search directory switch can be used to search directories other than /var/mail and to report anomalies in those directories. The -search directory switch can appear more than one time in an invocation to conflict. Conflict should be run under cron(8), or whenever system accounting takes place. FILES
/etc/nmh/mts.conf nmh mts configuration file /etc/passwd List of users /etc/group List of groups /usr/bin/mh/mhmail Program to send mail /var/mail/ Directory of mail drop PROFILE COMPONENTS
None SEE ALSO
mh-alias(5) DEFAULTS
`aliasfiles' defaults to /etc/nmh/MailAliases CONTEXT
None MH.6.8 11 June 2012 CONFLICT(8)