Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Is TCSH in linux weak?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Is TCSH in linux weak? Post 302558265 by yazu on Friday 23rd of September 2011 07:37:55 AM
Old 09-23-2011
Code:
.if so should moving to BASH a better option ...

If this is an option just move to Bash. Csh Programming Considered Harmful.
This User Gave Thanks to yazu For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh

I'm working on OpenOffice Localization; In that I need to work most of in 'tcsh' Since I have almost work till now in 'bash', I want to explore 'tcsh' much more .. An body suggest me a way ? books ? Thanks, :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kartik
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help in tcsh

am working in tcsh while writing a script, what is diff between foll two starting line #!/bin/csh #!/bin/csh -f Also can I use the same line for script in tcsh or I have to necessarily use #!/bin/tcsh I guess even #!/bin/sh will also do. Kindly clarify (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahendrakamath
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

my wireless usb adapter connect to net but the signal is very weak

i have wireless usb adapter rtl8187 from micromax company my proplem is the signal is very weak and i cannot open website can i increase the signal ? iwconfig lo no wireless extensions. eth0 no wireless extensions. wmaster0 no wireless extensions. wlan0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsd220
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tcsh issues

HI, I am having strange issues with my tcsh shell. First, the "ln" command doesnt seem to work properly. I have a file "target" that is pointing to "file1". I cannot access file1 but that shouldnt matter. when I do this, ln -sf file2 target I get permission denied that I cannot access the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sardare
1 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Weak Security Ciphers

Hi All * Need some help on testing if a server supports weak ciphers . Here is the command I ran : openssl s_client -connect HOSTNAME:443 -cipher LOW:EXP result : Connected : err num=110 openssl s_client -connect HOSTNAME:8000 -cipher LOW:EXP result : Connected : err... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: noufel
0 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Weak Security Ciphers

Hi All * Need some help on testing if a server supports weak ciphers . Here is the command I ran : openssl s_client -connect HOSTNAME:443 -cipher LOW:EXP result : Connected : err num=110 openssl s_client -connect HOSTNAME:8000 -cipher LOW:EXP result : Connected : err... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noufel
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh help

Does anyone no way my .tcsh_history file is filling up with a bunch of crap?? It is filled with lines like: ! ls eccracrascratcd ! ls mecd /hchoo "cratch2/mecd /sch2/mecd /sh2/mecd /scratchcd /scratch2/mecd /scratcraecd /ls mo "ls" > ! ls eccratch2/mecd /sc/ls"d /scratch2/mecd histecho "ls" o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bic121
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcsh to sh

Dear all, I have piece of command from tcsh, which I would like to be in my .bashrc file. However, I am comletely blank about the tcsh commandline. if (-e ~/forum/dir/code.sh) then source ~/forum/dir/code.sh endif Any piece of suggestions how to convert it to sh way? Thank you emily (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Change from weak ssh host key to strong one

Hi, I got instructions from Security audit team for Solaris-10 server. They mentioned - "The sshd configuration on the host supported weak host keys and allowed password authentication on Solaris server. Enable stronger keys (2048 or 4096 bit)". I am not clear enough, what they mean by weak... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)