Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Is TCSH in linux weak?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Is TCSH in linux weak? Post 302558247 by shipra_31 on Friday 23rd of September 2011 06:37:05 AM
Old 09-23-2011
Is TCSH in linux weak?

hi,

We are moving our machine from HP to linux.

On HP we had tcsh shell and was working fine for us and we are used to it.

But on linux, we are told tcsh doesnt work properly.

Is this true ...if so should moving to BASH a better option ...

Any comment or suggestion is appreciated

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh

I'm working on OpenOffice Localization; In that I need to work most of in 'tcsh' Since I have almost work till now in 'bash', I want to explore 'tcsh' much more .. An body suggest me a way ? books ? Thanks, :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kartik
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help in tcsh

am working in tcsh while writing a script, what is diff between foll two starting line #!/bin/csh #!/bin/csh -f Also can I use the same line for script in tcsh or I have to necessarily use #!/bin/tcsh I guess even #!/bin/sh will also do. Kindly clarify (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahendrakamath
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

my wireless usb adapter connect to net but the signal is very weak

i have wireless usb adapter rtl8187 from micromax company my proplem is the signal is very weak and i cannot open website can i increase the signal ? iwconfig lo no wireless extensions. eth0 no wireless extensions. wmaster0 no wireless extensions. wlan0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsd220
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tcsh issues

HI, I am having strange issues with my tcsh shell. First, the "ln" command doesnt seem to work properly. I have a file "target" that is pointing to "file1". I cannot access file1 but that shouldnt matter. when I do this, ln -sf file2 target I get permission denied that I cannot access the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sardare
1 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Weak Security Ciphers

Hi All * Need some help on testing if a server supports weak ciphers . Here is the command I ran : openssl s_client -connect HOSTNAME:443 -cipher LOW:EXP result : Connected : err num=110 openssl s_client -connect HOSTNAME:8000 -cipher LOW:EXP result : Connected : err... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: noufel
0 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Weak Security Ciphers

Hi All * Need some help on testing if a server supports weak ciphers . Here is the command I ran : openssl s_client -connect HOSTNAME:443 -cipher LOW:EXP result : Connected : err num=110 openssl s_client -connect HOSTNAME:8000 -cipher LOW:EXP result : Connected : err... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noufel
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh help

Does anyone no way my .tcsh_history file is filling up with a bunch of crap?? It is filled with lines like: ! ls eccracrascratcd ! ls mecd /hchoo "cratch2/mecd /sch2/mecd /sh2/mecd /scratchcd /scratch2/mecd /scratcraecd /ls mo "ls" > ! ls eccratch2/mecd /sc/ls"d /scratch2/mecd histecho "ls" o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bic121
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcsh to sh

Dear all, I have piece of command from tcsh, which I would like to be in my .bashrc file. However, I am comletely blank about the tcsh commandline. if (-e ~/forum/dir/code.sh) then source ~/forum/dir/code.sh endif Any piece of suggestions how to convert it to sh way? Thank you emily (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Change from weak ssh host key to strong one

Hi, I got instructions from Security audit team for Solaris-10 server. They mentioned - "The sshd configuration on the host supported weak host keys and allowed password authentication on Solaris server. Enable stronger keys (2048 or 4096 bit)". I am not clear enough, what they mean by weak... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
UUID_COMPARE(3) 						    Libuuid API 						   UUID_COMPARE(3)

NAME
uuid_compare - compare whether two UUIDs are the same SYNOPSIS
#include <uuid.h> int uuid_compare(uuid_t uu1, uuid_t uu2) DESCRIPTION
The uuid_compare function compares the two supplied uuid variables uu1 and uu2 to each other. RETURN VALUE
Returns an integer less than, equal to, or greater than zero if uu1 is found, respectively, to be lexicographically less than, equal, or greater than uu2. AUTHOR
Theodore Y. Ts'o AVAILABILITY
libuuid is part of the util-linux package since version 2.15.1 and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. SEE ALSO
uuid(3), uuid_clear(3), uuid_copy(3), uuid_generate(3), uuid_is_null(3), uuid_parse(3), uuid_unparse(3) util-linux May 2009 UUID_COMPARE(3)