Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to open port in linux
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users how to open port in linux Post 302558229 by pludi on Friday 23rd of September 2011 06:02:38 AM
Old 09-23-2011
Problem #1: your rules are incorrect, and the init-script even tells you that if you care to read the output.

Problem #2: whatever service you're running on port 10080, it's only listening to the loopback addresses 127.0.0.1 and ::1, and thus can't ever be reached from any other machine, no matter what you change in your firewall rules.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 8 to many open port

hi all, My OS is solaris 8 with core system installation only. so far everything works fine. by i do some testing from my xp pc as client to nmap and scan opening port to my solaris. the result as below: Initiating SYN Stealth Scan against 10.10.10.10 at 16:25 Discovered open port 21/tcp on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hezry79
3 Replies

2. Linux

open port

How can I open a port on linux machine ??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
5 Replies

3. AIX

How to open a port in AIX

Hi Guys, i am trying to open a port in AIX. but i am not able to get the command for this. AIX is not having the iptables file present. So please any body can tell me how to open a port in AIX... Thanks sanju (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanju_d1231
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Unknown open port: "6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker" found with nmap

Hi. I ran nmap on my server, and I get the following: Starting Nmap 4.76 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2009-03-19 16:33 EDT Interesting ports on -------- (-----): Not shown: 997 closed ports PORT STATE SERVICE 22/tcp open ssh 80/tcp open http 6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rledley
0 Replies

5. Solaris

how to open specific port

Dear members, My release is open Solaris b103 1- How to know the opening port in my system 2- How to open a specific port like port number 53 3- How to closed the specific port like port number 53 Your feedback highly appreciated (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellroxy
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux - How to Open a Port

Hi, I would like to open a specific port for use with a bespoke application. Before everyone points me to other threads - I read a few but couldn't find any specific to my problem. Iptables / firewall is disabled SELinux is also disabled I would just like to assign this port to this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcclunyboy
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Open port with iptables

Hi, What iptables command do I need to run in order to open up the following port for incomming traffic on the following server: # telnet 127.0.0.1 1521 Trying 127.0.0.1... telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

Tcp ip port open but no such process (merged: Release A Port)

i want to kill a tcp connection by killing its pid with netstat -an i got the tcp ip connection on port 5914 but when i type ps -a or ps-e there is not such process running on port 5914 is it possible that because i do not log on with proper user account i can not see that process running? (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: alinamadchian
30 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10: How to just open a port - nothing else

Hi there, I tried just open a port but I failed ;-( # telnet localhost 9876 That should work so I did ... # vi /etc/services myport 9876/tcp # my port # svcadm restart inetd -> New pid, see ps - ef | grep inet # netstat -an | grep 9876 No port 9876 is waiting ;( #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: System
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script for port is open or not

I need a script on which if i will pass the port number and the host name as external parameter then it should respond me if the port is open or not thread moved (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: patitapaban
0 Replies
tcprules(1)						      General Commands Manual						       tcprules(1)

NAME
tcprules - compile rules for tcpserver SYNOPSIS
tcprules rules.cdb rules.tmp OVERVIEW
tcpserver optionally follows rules to decide whether a TCP connection is acceptable. For example, a rule of 18.23.0.32:deny prohibits connections from IP address 18.23.0.32. tcprules reads rules from its standard input and writes them into rules.cdb in a binary format suited for quick access by tcpserver. tcprules can be used while tcpserver is running: it ensures that rules.cdb is updated atomically. It does this by first writing the rules to rules.tmp and then moving rules.tmp on top of rules.cdb. If rules.tmp already exists, it is destroyed. The directories containing rules.cdb and rules.tmp must be writable to tcprules; they must also be on the same filesystem. If there is a problem with the input, tcprules complains and leaves rules.cdb alone. The binary rules.cdb format is portable across machines. RULE FORMAT
A rule takes up one line. A file containing rules may also contain comments: lines beginning with # are ignored. Each rule contains an address, a colon, and a list of instructions, with no extra spaces. When tcpserver receives a connection from that address, it follows the instructions. ADDRESSES
tcpserver starts by looking for a rule with address TCPREMOTEINFO@TCPREMOTEIP. If it doesn't find one, or if TCPREMOTEINFO is not set, it tries the address TCPREMOTEIP. If that doesn't work, it tries shorter and shorter prefixes of TCPREMOTEIP ending with a dot. If none of them work, it tries the empty string. For example, here are some rules: joe@127.0.0.1:first 18.23.0.32:second 127.:third :fourth ::1:fifth If TCPREMOTEIP is 10.119.75.38, tcpserver will follow the fourth instructions. If TCPREMOTEIP is ::1, tcpserver will follow the fifth instructions. Note that you cannot detect IPv4 mapped addresses by matching "::ffff", as those addresses will be converted to IPv4 before looking at the rules. If TCPREMOTEIP is 18.23.0.32, tcpserver will follow the second instructions. If TCPREMOTEINFO is bill and TCPREMOTEIP is 127.0.0.1, tcpserver will follow the third instructions. If TCPREMOTEINFO is joe and TCPREMOTEIP is 127.0.0.1, tcpserver will follow the first instructions. ADDRESS RANGES
tcprules treats 1.2.3.37-53:ins as an abbreviation for the rules 1.2.3.37:ins, 1.2.3.38:ins, and so on up through 1.2.3.53:ins. Similarly, 10.2-3.:ins is an abbreviation for 10.2.:ins and 10.3.:ins. INSTRUCTIONS
The instructions in a rule must begin with either allow or deny. deny tells tcpserver to drop the connection without running anything. For example, the rule :deny tells tcpserver to drop all connections that aren't handled by more specific rules. The instructions may continue with some environment variables, in the format ,VAR="VALUE". tcpserver adds VAR=VALUE to the current envi- ronment. For example, 10.0.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="@fix.me" adds RELAYCLIENT=@fix.me to the environment. The quotes here may be replaced by any repeated character: 10.0.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=/@fix.me/ Any number of variables may be listed: 127.0.0.1:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",TCPLOCALHOST="movie.edu" SEE ALSO
tcprulescheck(1), tcpserver(1), tcp-environ(5) tcprules(1)