Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums Forum Video Tutorial: How to Use Code Tags Post 302558223 by jayan_jay on Friday 23rd of September 2011 05:50:37 AM
Old 09-23-2011
good good .. awesome Smilie this will reduce the work and time for forum staff's .. Smilie

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Tutorial forum?

I got this account a while ago and didn't have much time to try it out. After having had some frustration by posting tutorials regarding various Linux activites of mine in my Slashdot journals, it occurred to me that this forum might be better suited. I know I can probably post in the OS specific... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deckard
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Video Tutorial for sed and awk

Could anyone help me with the link/URL where I can find the Complete Video Tutorial for SED and AWK (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frintocf
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

nautilus audio/video properties missing tutorial

Since it was a royal pain for me to figure out how to show nautilus audio/video properties I would share this with other people. I KNOW this package does the trick. totem-nautilus This package MAY do the trick. I was reading this. gnome-mplayer-nautilus-1.0.3-1.fc15.x86_64.rpm -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

4. Web Development

Vue JS 2 Tutorial by The Net Ninja: A Recommended Vue.js Video Tutorial Series

A number of people have asked me how to get started with Vue.js and my reply before today was to Google "Vue.js". That has changed and my recommendation to anyone who wants to learn the fastest growing, easiest to learn and use Vue.js web dev framework is to watch this video tutorial series: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

5. Programming

Video Tutorial of Linux System Programming with C

Video tutorial of Linux System Programming with C. YouTube - Linux System Programming with C by Indronil Banerjee (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vectrum
1 Replies
Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar(3pm)

NAME
Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar - return Dwarn @return_value SYNOPSIS
use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; return Dwarn some_call(...) is equivalent to: use Data::Dumper::Concise; if (wantarray) { my @return = some_call(...); warn Dumper(@return); return @return; } else { my $return = some_call(...); warn Dumper($return); return $return; } but shorter. If you need to force scalar context on the value, use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; return DwarnS some_call(...) is equivalent to: use Data::Dumper::Concise; my $return = some_call(...); warn Dumper($return); return $return; If you need to force list context on the value, use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; return DwarnL some_call(...) is equivalent to: use Data::Dumper::Concise; my @return = some_call(...); warn Dumper(@return); return @return; If you want to label your output, try DwarnN use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; return DwarnN $foo is equivalent to: use Data::Dumper::Concise; my @return = some_call(...); warn '$foo => ' . Dumper(@return); return @return; If you want to output a reference returned by a method easily, try $Dwarn $foo->bar->{baz}->$Dwarn is equivalent to: my $return = $foo->bar->{baz}; warn Dumper($return); return $return; If you want to format the output of your data structures, try DwarnF my ($a, $c) = DwarnF { "awesome: $_[0] not awesome: $_[1]" } $awesome, $cheesy; is equivalent to: my @return = ($awesome, $cheesy); warn DumperF { "awesome: $_[0] not awesome: $_[1]" } $awesome, $cheesy; return @return; If you want to immediately die after outputting the data structure, every Dwarn subroutine has a paired Ddie version, so just replace the warn with die. For example: DdieL 'foo', { bar => 'baz' }; DESCRIPTION
use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; will import Dwarn, $Dwarn, DwarnL, DwarnN, and DwarnS into your namespace. Using Exporter, so see its docs for ways to make it do something else. Dwarn sub Dwarn { return DwarnL(@_) if wantarray; DwarnS($_[0]) } $Dwarn $Dwarn = &Dwarn $DwarnN $DwarnN = &DwarnN DwarnL sub Dwarn { warn Data::Dumper::Concise::Dumper @_; @_ } DwarnS sub DwarnS ($) { warn Data::Dumper::Concise::Dumper $_[0]; $_[0] } DwarnN sub DwarnN { warn '$argname => ' . Data::Dumper::Concise::Dumper $_[0]; $_[0] } Note: this requires Devel::ArgNames to be installed. DwarnF sub DwarnF (&@) { my $c = shift; warn &Data::Dumper::Concise::DumperF($c, @_); @_ } TIPS AND TRICKS
global usage Instead of always just doing: use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; Dwarn ... We tend to do: perl -MData::Dumper::Concise::Sugar foo.pl (and then in the perl code:) ::Dwarn ... That way, if you leave them in and run without the "use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar" the program will fail to compile and you are less likely to check it in by accident. Furthmore it allows that much less friction to add debug messages. method chaining One trick which is useful when doing method chaining is the following: my $foo = Bar->new; $foo->bar->baz->Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar::DwarnS->biff; which is the same as: my $foo = Bar->new; (DwarnS $foo->bar->baz)->biff; SEE ALSO
You probably want Devel::Dwarn, it's the shorter name for this module. perl v5.10.1 2011-01-20 Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar(3pm)