Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Scripting help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Scripting help Post 302558180 by khchong on Friday 23rd of September 2011 03:43:41 AM
Old 09-23-2011
Hi,

What if I my text file (myFile) I have space and numeric, the above will return 1 even no small capital was found, anyway to get over space and numeric and return 0 if all capital letter regardless the file has numeric or space.
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

New to scripting

We have a scripting requirement, Background: On a particular path, we compress a load of log files into tar.gz. This is done on an hourly basis throughout the day and it produces files of the following format, 2005-08-05-00-021031.tar.gz as an example. This is done by a script. We need: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_149
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting guru's pls help me with scripting on AIX

can someone pls help me with the script for a files coming from one system to a particular directory and i want to write a script to move those files to another directory on different system by renaming the files... pls someone help me on this... thanking in anticipation.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thatiprashant
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help on scripting

in unix bc command is used as calculator and also for conversion, i want to convert 5f to decimal. but bc dont consider 5f as hex value it considers 5F as hex value. I get 5f from other iteration so i cant change that f to F...is there any way to convert 5f to decimal ot 5f to 5F :rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinandantn
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Scripting Help

Hello all. Like Ive stated before, I am new to world of Unix. I was given the tast to create a script that will concatenate 20 files into one file. I know that the cat command is to be used but I am looking for something to get started on. Again, basically I need to wrtie a script that whill... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ndoggy020
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Shell scripting vs Perl scripting

Hi all, I would like to start developping some good scripting skills. Do you think it would be best to start with shell scripting or Perl? I already got a fundation, really basics, in perl. but I am wondering what would be best to be good at first. Can you please help me determine which one to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
14 Replies

8. Android

Android Scripting Environment: Shell Scripting and Android

I just upgraded to Android 2.2 from 2.1. The GPS issue that was troublesome in 2.1 seems to have been fixed. Some of web browsing seems faster, but it could just be my connection is better today ;) Flash works in some browsers but not very good and it is too slow for Flash apps designed for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Shell Scripting vs Perl scripting

Gents, I have been working in a Solaris/Unix environment for about 9 months. I took some linux classses online before getting the job. But, I am not very good at scripting. I want to learn how to script. Do you think that I should start with Shell scripting or Perl? I wanted to continue with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

10. Web Development

Perl scripting or shell scripting?

i am going to study any one of the scripting languages mentioned above(shell 0r perl scripting) . Which is having more scope for a fresher? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies
lifinit(1)						      General Commands Manual							lifinit(1)

NAME
lifinit - write LIF volume header on file SYNOPSIS
nnn] nnn] string] nnn] nnn] nnn] file DESCRIPTION
writes a LIF volume header on a volume or file. Options recognizes the following options and command-line arguments which can appear in any order: Sets volume size to nnn bytes. If nnn is not a multiple of 256, it is rounded down to the next such multiple. Sets directory size to nnn file entries. If nnn is not an integer multiple of 8, it is rounded up to next such multiple. Sets the volume name to be string. If the option is not specified, the volume name is set to the last component of the path name specified by file. A legal LIF volume name is 6 characters long and is limited to uppercase letters (A-Z), digits (0-9) and the underscore character (_). The first character (if any) must be a letter. The utility automatically performs translation to create legal LIF volume names. Therefore, all lowercase letters are converted to uppercase, and all other characters except numeric and underscore are replaced with a capital letter If the volume name does not start with a letter, the volume name is preceded by a capital letter The volume name is also right-padded with spaces or truncated as needed to be six characters long. If is used with no string, the default volume name is set to 6 spaces. set the initial system load (ISL) start address to nnn in the volume label. This is useful when building boot media for Series 700/800 systems. specifies the length in bytes of the ISL code in the LIF volume. set the ISL entry point to nnn bytes from the beginning of the ISL. For example, specifying means that the ISL entry point is 3272 (decimal) bytes from the beginning of the ISL object module. forces the directory start location to be the nearest multiple of nnn x 1024 bytes from the beginning of the volume. This is necessary for booting Series 700/800 systems from LIF media. If file does not exist, a regular HP-UX disk file is created and initialized. The default values for volume size are 256 kilobytes for regular files, and the actual capacity of the device for device files. The default directory size is a function of the volume size. A percentage of the volume size is allocated to the volume directory as fol- lows: | Volume Size | Directory Size ------------+---------------- < 2MB | ~1.3% > 2MB | ~0.5% Each directory entry occupies 32 bytes of storage. The actual directory space is subject to the rounding rules stated above. RETURN VALUE
returns exit code 0 if the volume is initialized successfully. Otherwise it prints a diagnostic message and returns nonzero. EXAMPLES
Initialize file to be a LIF volume containing 500000 bytes with 10 directory file entries: Initialize device as a LIF volume using default initialization conditions (device must not be a mounted file system device): WARNINGS
To prevent media corruption, do not terminate lifinit once it has started executing. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
lifcp(1), lifls(1), lifrename(1), lifrm(1), lif(4). lifinit(1)