Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris - physical to virtual migration on the same M5000 Post 302558168 by Bailifei on Friday 23rd of September 2011 03:15:05 AM
Old 09-23-2011
so u wanna migrate system from physical machine to virtual machine?
this way might work out: backup the physical system to an image, and convert the image to a virtual disk which can be directly used in virtual machine.
i know that easeus todo backup can do this.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

get physical and virtual memory

What command can i use to get the physical and virtual memory of a database? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tads98
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

translating physical/virtual addresses

Hi all, I am new to Linux kernel/user space programming having been an assembly programmer in my previous life. I am now using 2.6.x kernel on an embedded CPU that has a few dedicated hardware blocks (including more CPU running just C-code, i.e., no operating system). There is a single DRAM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agaurav
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Physical or Virtual

Hi, I am on an Solaris machine "SunOS 5.10 Generic_139556-08 i86pc i386 i86pc"..how do i check if I am on an physical or an virtaul server. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjoy
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Server is virtual or physical?

Hi All, How can I know whether the server I am connecting to is a virtual or physical one? The server might be having any Unix OS (Linux/Solaris/HP-UX etc.). Is there any system files / commands which can show these concrete information? Thanks in advance for the replies. sanzee (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanzee007
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to count number of physical and virtual processors on Solaris machine.?

hi, I am using command psrinfo -p to check the number of physical processors present on any soalris machine.I want to check the number of virtual processors assigned for particular solaris machine. which command/set of command need to be used which can grep or show the total virtual processors... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
8 Replies

6. Red Hat

Number of physical and virtual processors

Hi, i am trying to find out hpw many virtual and physical processors does any linux machine has: output of /proc/cpuinfo is as below : # cat /proc/cpuinfo processor : 0 vendor_id : GenuineIntel cpu family : 6 model : 26 model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
8 Replies

7. AIX

Need help on physical and virtual cpu

HI, I need a command to find, 1) Avaiable Physical CPU 2) Avaiable virtual CPU TIA (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumanthupar
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Migration of Solaris 10 on physical host to Solaris Zones

Hi All Kindly let me know how can I move Solaris 10 OS running update 10 on physical machine to another machine solaris zone running Solaris 10 update 11 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 virtual - how do I tell physical host?

uname -a reports type Generic so I know its virtual. Assume its an ldom somewhere. How do I find out what physical host server is? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to check everything are migrated after the physical to vmware virtual machine?

I have a physical machine , just use vmware tools migrated data to virtual machine . how can I check these two servers - old and new server , the data are the same , all files are copy to new server ? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
2 Replies
IPSEC_TNCFG(5)							  [FIXME: manual]						    IPSEC_TNCFG(5)

NAME
ipsec_tncfg - lists IPSEC virtual interfaces attached to real interfaces SYNOPSIS
ipsec tncfg cat/proc/net/ipsec_tncfg OBSOLETE
Note that tncfg is only supported on the classic KLIPS stack. It is not supported on any other stack and will be completely removed in future versions. A replacement command still needs to be designed DESCRIPTION
/proc/net/ipsec_tncfg is a read-only file which lists which IPSEC virtual interfaces are attached to which real interfaces, through which packets will be forwarded once processed by IPSEC. Each line lists one ipsec I/F. A table entry consists of: + an ipsec virtual I/F name + a visual and machine parsable separator '->', separating the virtual I/F and the physical I/F, + a physical I/F name, to which the ipsec virtual I/F is attached or NULL if it is not attached, + the keyword mtu=, + the MTU of the ipsec virtual I/F, + the automatically adjusted effective MTU for PMTU discovery, in brackets, + a visual and machine parsable separator '->', separating the virtual I/F MTU and the physical I/F MTU, + the MTU of the attached physical I/F. EXAMPLES
ipsec2 -> eth3 mtu=16260(1443) -> 1500 shows that virtual device ipsec2 with an MTU of 16260 is connected to physical device eth3 with an MTU of 1500 and that the effective MTU as a result of PMTU discovery has been automatically set to 1443. ipsec0 -> wvlan0 mtu=1400(16260) -> 1500 shows that virtual device ipsec0 with an MTU of 1400 is connected to physical device wvlan0 with an MTU of 1500 and no PMTU packets have gotten far enough to bump down the effective MTU from its default of 16260. ipsec3 -> NULL mtu=0(0) -> 0 shows that virtual device ipsec3 is not connected to any physical device. FILES
/proc/net/ipsec_tncfg, /usr/local/bin/ipsec SEE ALSO
ipsec(8), ipsec_manual(8), ipsec_eroute(5), ipsec_spi(5), ipsec_spigrp(5), ipsec_klipsdebug(5), ipsec_tncfg(8), ipsec_version(5), ipsec_pf_key(5) HISTORY
Written for the Linux FreeS/WAN project <http://www.freeswan.org/> by Richard Guy Briggs. [FIXME: source] 10/06/2010 IPSEC_TNCFG(5)