Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Testing privileges -lock lockfile /var/lock/subsys/..- Permission denied Post 302558000 by Corona688 on Thursday 22nd of September 2011 01:04:24 PM
Old 09-22-2011
It'd help to see what your script actually is.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to lock keyboard without using lock command

how can I lock my keyboard while I'm away from the computer without using lock command. What other commands gives me the option to lock keyboard device? thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dianayun
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Files still being created in /var/spool/mmdf/lock/home

Hi all I need help finding a process that is continuing to create files in the above area. There are three sub folder titled addr q.local and msg . I have already found a process called mmdf running and have used the kill command to stop this from running. I have also looked for sendmail or... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: TeaMaker
12 Replies

3. HP-UX

How to Lock In HP-UX

Hi , How should i implemet a lock function Hp-ux . I want to a lock a file through fcntl in Hp-ux . But is not locking properly . Thanks Narendra (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lock for this script

Hi, My requirement is to service a process and below is the script which i wrote for that and works fine, I have kept it in a crontab and running this everyminute, how do I lock this if its already running and i dont want to open if its running and not completed yet. The crontab need to run... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: strunz
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

lock an account

hi how can I Lock an account, by prepending ”*LK*” to the password field in /etc/shadow. I dont want to use passwd -l . Any idea? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Security Question: Lock after invalid login, Session Lock and Required Minimum Password Length

Hello all, If anyone has time, I have a few questions: How do I do the following in Linux. We are using Red Hat and Oracle Enterprise Linux, which is based on Red Hat too. 1. How to lock the account after a few (like 3) invalid password attempts? 2. How do you lock a screen after 30... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nstarz
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

/usr/sbin/crond: can't lock /var/run/crond.pid,

please tell pre-requisite steps to activate cron. i activated the cron but it not executing the script which i set in crontab entry.through root user i passed the service crond start it get start.but when i go to etc/init.d and passed crond stop command.it gets crond: can't lock /var/run/crond.pid,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umair
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/var/mail/$LOGINNAME.lock

I'm not able to view my inbox mails, I'm using Thunderbird. I have checked the /var/mail/ directory files. There I saw the lock file. . I have removed the lock file and restarted the Thunderbird, again the lock file is created. I have changed the file group as mail from users. after that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ungalnanban
1 Replies

9. Linux

/var/lock/subsys permission denied for root

Hello I have simple line of code here: FILE *lockfp = fopen("/var/lock/subsys/processName", "w"); which is denied even running as root. The result is locking failed for the following reason: Permission denied How is this possible? Why is this happening? Thanks for your... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: flagman5
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can't open nodes-6379.conf in order to acquire a lock: Permission denied

I am getting error on redis server on linux 7.5 after change the default path /var/lib/redis to /redisdata, and enable cluster-enabled yes. It would be really appreciate if some one can check and suggest on this issue. error code: 1240:C 09 Sep 2018 13:53:51.058 # oO0OoO0OoO0Oo Redis is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadeemrafikhan
3 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)