Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To delete logs older than 30 days Post 302557736 by jayan_jay on Thursday 22nd of September 2011 03:40:09 AM
Old 09-22-2011
Yup .. missed it due to sleepless nights Smilie Thanks ..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete files older than 7 days

can anyone tell me how I would write a script in ksh on AIX that will delete files in a directory older than 7 days? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to archive logs older than 5 days & then delete them?

My code is tar -cvf logs.tar `find /usr/openv/logs/512*.log -mtime +2` && find *.log* -mtime +2 -exec rm {} \; this gives me output as: tar: Missing filenames:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: timus1980
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete file older than N days

Hi, All, I'd like to delete files older than 1 day. I thought the following command find /your_directory -mtime +1-exec rm -f {} \; will do the work, but not so, it seems like it won't delete files unless it is 2 days old or older. the files between 1 day and 2 days old does not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericaworld
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete files older than 30 days

This is driving me crazy. How can I delete files in a specifc directory that are over 30 days old? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlphillips
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete files more than 15 days older

i have to delete files which are older than 15 days or more except the ones in the directory Current and also *.sh files i have found the command for files 15 days or more older find . -type f -mtime +15 -exec ls -ltr {} \; but how to implement the logic to avoid directory Current and also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Delete files older than 30 days

Hi all, I want to delete log files with extension .log which are older than 30 days. How to delete those files? Operating system -- Sun solaris 10 Your input is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Regards, Williams (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: William1482
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete folders older than 30 days

Dear all, i use incremental backup my data with .zip to my hard drive. what i need is i don't want the old .zip file older than 30 days. how to write a shell script automatically remove my external hard disc zip backup folders older than 30 days? Regards, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joneggk
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than X days.

Hi All, I am using below code to delete files older than 2 days. In case if there are no files, I should log an error saying no files to delete. Please let me know, How I can achive this. find /path/*.xml -mtime +2 Thanks and Regards Nagaraja. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete file older than three days

I am using SFTP to transmit files from the Mainframe to an UNIX server. I am looking for some kind of script that runs with SFTP to delete tranmitted files older than 3 days. Can this be done in a SFTP transmission batch job? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Steve Carlson
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete logs older than 60 days

i am using HP-UX OS...... delete logs older than 60 days find -mtime +60 | grep -i '.*log' | xargs rm -mtime is nt available in HP-UX, pls tell me other option ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
2 Replies
PMUNPACKEVENTRECORDS(3) 				     Library Functions Manual					   PMUNPACKEVENTRECORDS(3)

NAME
pmUnpackEventRecords - unpack event records C SYNOPSIS
#include <pcp/pmapi.h> int pmUnpackEventRecords(pmValueSet *vsp, int idx, pmResult ***rap); cc ... -lpcp DESCRIPTION
Event records are encoded as a packed array of records within a pmResult using a container metric with a value of type PM_TYPE_EVENT. pmUnpackEventRecords may be used to unpack event records from a metric value identified by vsp and idx. If the metric has a singular value, idx should be 0, else the ordinal instance value identified by idx will be unpacked, i.e. vsp->vlist[idx]. The unpacked records are turned into pmResult structures, one per event record and one metric per event parameter, and rap is returned as a pointer to an array (NULL pointer terminated) of pointers to the pmResult structures. Some control information from the packed event records is unpacked into additional ``anonymous'' metrics as follows: 1. If the event record has a non-zero flags value, then the corresponding pmResult will have the flags value encoded with the additional metric event.flags that is inserted ahead of all other event parameters. 2. If the event record flag is set to PM_EVENT_FLAG_MISSED, then the corresponding pmResult will have one metric event.missed with a value that equals the number of event records ``missed'' because either the PMDA could not keep up, or the PMAPI client did not collect the event records fast enough. pmUnpackEventRecords returns the number of pmResult structures as the return value, which is >= 0 for success. rset and the associated pmResult structures may be freed using the convenience function pmFreeEventResult(3). RETURN VALUE
The following errors are possible: PM_ERR_CONV The values associated with vsp are not encoded using the format PM_VAL_DPTR or PM_VAL_SPTR, or the flags at the head of the event record has an unexpected value. PM_ERR_INST The value associated with vsp is not singular as expected. PM_ERR_TYPE vsp is not a value of type PM_TYPE_EVENT. PM_ERR_TOOSMALL The value identified by vbp is not legal because the value length is less than the minimum size, or the number of event records encoded in the (value header) pmEventArray structure is negative, or the number of missed event records in the pmEventArray array is negative. PM_ERR_TOOBIG Either vsp indicates more than one value is present (all the event records are expected to be packed in a single metric value), or when unpacking the event records, the processing continues past the end of the enclosing value. Indicates corruption of the packed event record. PM_ERR_TYPE Event parameters must have one of the arithmetic types, else PM_TYPE_AGGREGATE, PM_TYPE_STRING or PM_TYPE_AGGREGATE_STATIC. other values < 0 refer to pmErrStr(3). SEE ALSO
PMAPI(3) and pmFreeEventResult(3). Performance Co-Pilot PCP PMUNPACKEVENTRECORDS(3)