Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Email failure notice not displayed. Post 302557581 by szc0025 on Wednesday 21st of September 2011 03:43:17 PM
Old 09-21-2011
Email failure notice not displayed.

I am using mailx command to send emails from the Unix command prompt. Whenever email is not sent it is not giving me any message "Email not sent" or failure delivery notice for the wrong email addresses. When I give correct email address I am able to receive them correctly.

Can anyone please help me.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Anybody Notice a Speed Increase?

Hi. I moved this site to a T3 facility and wanted to know if any of the long time users noticed a performance improvement? Thanks, Neo. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NOTICE:Cha

Pls can u help me diagnosed this Notice l receive during booting of my openserver 5.0.4 unix from the kernel. NOTICE:cha:SCSI bus has been reset ha=0 Attached SCSI peripherals will retunr to power up state (ChaN04) NOTICE:cha:SCSI command timed out ha=0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

short notice

Im getting stumped on one of my unix problems. Im a college student taking unix and for one of my assignments I am to write a few programs. I done the programs but on one of them I have to modify it by using sed instead of a while do loop. here's the while loop while do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gummiworm
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Delivery Failure notice when aliase has added

Hi Team, Mails are coming proper on my server. But when i added a sendmail(/etc/mail/aliases) alias to redirect mails to a script, Its started giving delivery failure for the same id. Can you tell me what can be the possible reason for this?and how can we sort it out. Its very urgent for me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mindtee_abhi
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get failure notice message when email is not sent.

I am using mailx command to send emails from the Unix command prompt. Whenever email is not sent it is not giving me any message "Email not sent" or failure delivery notice for the wrong email addresses. When I give correct email address I am able to receive them correctly. Can anyone please... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: szc0025
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format of content displayed in the attachment of email

Hi, I'm facing a problem in mailing attachments using uuencode in mailx. I got to attach a couple of flatfiles. I'm able to attach and mail the files successfully. But there is a problem in the format of the flatfiles when they are received as an attachemnt. For Example : Consider... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sindhuap
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot up failure unix sco after power failure

hi power went out. next day unix sco wont boot up error code 303. any help appreciated as we are clueless. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredthayer
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to execute Oracle procedure and trigerring email on success and failure

Here is the shell script which need to trigger a stored procedure and when the record count is 0 then it should capture in the log that 0 duplicate records are found and if it's more than 0 then log with no of records. Also if there is any sqlerror then it should write the same in the log file and... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: senmng
17 Replies
Email::Sender(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Email::Sender(3pm)

NAME
Email::Sender - a library for sending email VERSION
version 0.110005 SYNOPSIS
my $message = Email::MIME->create( ... ); # produce an Email::Abstract compatible message object, # e.g. produced by Email::Simple, Email::MIME, Email::Stuff use Email::Sender::Simple qw(sendmail); use Email::Sender::Transport::SMTP qw(); use Try::Tiny; try { sendmail( $message, { from => $SMTP_ENVELOPE_FROM_ADDRESS, transport => Email::Sender::Transport::SMTP->new({ host => $SMTP_HOSTNAME, port => $SMTP_PORT, }) } ); } catch { warn "sending failed: $_"; }; OVERVIEW
Email::Sender replaces the old and sometimes problematic Email::Send library, which did a decent job at handling very simple email sending tasks, but was not suitable for serious use, for a variety of reasons. Most users will be able to use Email::Sender::Simple to send mail. Users with more specific needs should look at the available Email::Sender::Transport classes. Documentation may be found in Email::Sender::Manual, and new users should start with Email::Sender::Manual::QuickStart. IMPLEMENTING
Email::Sender itelf is a Moose role. Any class that implements Email::Sender is required to provide a method called "send". This method should accept any input that can be understood by Email::Abstract, followed by a hashref containing "to" and "from" arguments to be used as the envelope. The method should return an Email::Sender::Success object on success or throw an Email::Sender::Failure on failure. AUTHOR
Ricardo Signes <rjbs@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Ricardo Signes. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-06 Email::Sender(3pm)