Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Identify function image magick problem - perl Post 302557543 by Corona688 on Wednesday 21st of September 2011 01:23:46 PM
Old 09-21-2011
perl is not shell, you can't run the 'identify' external command just by typing 'identify'.

How about system("identify " $array[$i]);

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL function problem

I have perl script as follow. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ #! /usr/bin/env perl use strict; sub printLines { print "Inside the function.............\n"; my (@file , $count , $key ) = $_; print $count , $ key ; #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avadhani
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

identify function

Does anyone know a shell command that identifies the functions from a C file? Thank you (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xinfinity
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with timegm function in perl

Hello.. In my code i use the following function: $epochTime = timegm($sec, $min, $hour, $day, $month, $year) The problem is that when $day==31, i get the following error: Day '31' out of range 1..30 at unrated_namp_program line 113 Any idea how to overcome this??? Thank you very... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to identify a corrupted TIFF image

Hi everyone! Here's my first thread... I have to recognize if a TIFF image is corrupted or not. I've always usedfile -b to identify file type, but I've experienced that sometimes it returns "TIFF image data, little endian" even if the image is truncated or something. Do you know another trick... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: canduc17
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl Image::size function

Hi, How to use Image::size function ? because I want to list all image thatare less than size pixels in horizontal resolution. so here is my code : #!/usr/bin/perl -w use Image::Size; use constant GIVEN_WIDTH = '100'; my @filtered_images = grep { my @d = imgsize( $_ ); $d < GIVEN_WIDTH }... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: guidely
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script to identify files without extension and assign a value

Hi, I have a perl script which is a part of a shell script which read lines from a flat file(which is generated as part of a script after a series of bteq/fexp) and assigns a value for each object in the file based on the type of file name. (i.e extensions like .bteq/.ctl/.ksh etc) For example,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yohasini
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in passing date to external function from perl script.

my $sysdate = strftime('%Y-%m-%d', localtime ); biDeriveByDate('Table_Str',$sysdate,\@lIndx,\@lResVals) In a perl script, when I'm trying to pass $sysdate to some external function it's not working since $sysdate is passed as a string mentioned above but my function is expecting a date value... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Devesh5683
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem of Perl's "join" function

$ perl -e '@f=("aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa","1","911"); print join("\t",@f)."\n";' aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: carloszhang
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl -> Identify Values

Hi, I tried to find out the users under the file /etc/shadow , where the value should be 90, which shouldn't be less or more than that.. if its more or less, it should give me the output as BAD. { print (GOOD); } Else { print (BAD); } (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify problem with while getopts

can anyone spot a problem with the below: $ $ cat getopts.sh #!/bin/sh usage() { echo "myscript.sh local /tmp data.txt 600s -query" 1>&2; exit 1; } while... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)