Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Concatenate two lines in a fIle Post 302557474 by rangarasan on Wednesday 21st of September 2011 09:46:04 AM
Old 09-21-2011
AWK

Hi,

Try this code,

Code:
awk '{ORS="";print;}' File

Cheers,
RangaSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to concatenate consecutive lines

I have a few lines like -- feature 1, subfeat 0, type 3, subtype 1, value 0, -- feature 1, subfeat 0, type 1, subtype 1, value 0, I would like to concatenate the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shivi707
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate lines in a single paragraph

Hi all, May you help me with this? After extract only some lines that I need from a file, I would like to concatenate the remaining lines in a single line (paragraph). Source file pattern: Event Type: Warning Event Source: Sorting Event Category: None Event ID: 1188 Date: 9/10/2008... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatenate log file lines up to timestamp

Hi, Using sed awk or perl I am trying to do something similar to https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/105887-sed-awk-concatenate-lines-until-blank-line-2.html but my requirement is slightly different. What I am trying to accomplish is to reformat a logfile such that all lines... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlanC
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate two lines in one

Does anyone know a way I can fix my file below where it has lines that are cut? Just like the (notice the space before ms,c=PH).. dn: cn=english,ou=Messaging,ou=lang,o=subject,t=j ms,c=PH which should be dn: cn=english,ou=Messaging,ou=lang,o=subject,t=jms,c=PH The whole text file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orbix
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatenate lines in pairs

Hi, I have a text file with the following contents /C=IT/O=INFN/OU=Personal Certificate/L=Napoli/CN=Some guy /C=IT/O=INFN/CN=INFN CA /O=Grid/O=NorduGrid/OU=uninett.no/CN=Another guy /O=Grid/O=NorduGrid/CN=NorduGrid Certification Authority /C=TW/O=AP/OU=GRID/CN=Someone else... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kerl
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate multiple lines based.

Hello, I have been searching the forum for concatenation based on condition. I have been close enough but not got th exact one. infile: -----DB_Name ABC (X, Y,Z). DB_Name DEF (T). DB_Name GHI (U ,V,W). Desired Output file should be: ---------------------------DB_Name ABC... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: indrajit_u
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate lines between lines starting with a specific pattern

Hi, I have a file such as: --- >contig00001 length=35524 numreads=2944 gACGCCGCGCGCCGCGGCCAGGGCTGGCCCA CAGGCCGCGCGGCGTCGGCTGGCTGAG >contig00002 length=4242 numreads=43423 ATGCCGAAGGTCCGCCTGGGGCTGG CGCCGGGAGCATGTAGCG --- I would like to concatenate the lines not starting with ">"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: s052866
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to concatenate spuriously separated lines

Given the pattern below: 3113296571|NULL|NULL|NULL||N| 1| 0| 926667| 1001036| 0| 3076120438|NULL|NULL|NULL|NULL|DUE FOR NEW CONSENT!|N|NULL| 10198318|2011-07-25-12.34.02.786000|NULL|NULL|NULL| 0 3113336478|NULL|NULL|NULL||N| 1| ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: lemele
16 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Concatenate lines in file shell script

Hi colleagues, I have a file in this format. "/cccc/pppp/dddd/ggg/prueba.txt". ERROR" THE error bbbbbbbbbb finish rows. "/kkkk/mmmm/hhhh/jjj/ejemplo.txt". ERROR This is other error rows.I need my file in this format. "/cccc/pppp/dddd/ggg/prueba.txt". ERROR" THE error bbbbbbbbbb finish rows.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenate three lines into one

Hi. I'm new to this forum. I am attempting to parse an Audit Log from Cognos/TM1, selecting only Event IDs of "client" which are found on the "start-tag" record. These Logs are in a pseudo-XML format but not a true XML format. I want to FTP an Audit Log File from the Cognos server to our UNIX... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredAtArrow
7 Replies
SGELSX(l)								 )								 SGELSX(l)

NAME
SGELSX - routine is deprecated and has been replaced by routine SGELSY SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE SGELSX( M, N, NRHS, A, LDA, B, LDB, JPVT, RCOND, RANK, WORK, INFO ) INTEGER INFO, LDA, LDB, M, N, NRHS, RANK REAL RCOND INTEGER JPVT( * ) REAL A( LDA, * ), B( LDB, * ), WORK( * ) PURPOSE
This routine is deprecated and has been replaced by routine SGELSY. SGELSX computes the minimum-norm solution to a real linear least squares problem: minimize || A * X - B || using a complete orthogonal factorization of A. A is an M-by-N matrix which may be rank-deficient. Several right hand side vectors b and solution vectors x can be handled in a single call; they are stored as the columns of the M-by-NRHS right hand side matrix B and the N-by-NRHS solution matrix X. The routine first computes a QR factorization with column pivoting: A * P = Q * [ R11 R12 ] [ 0 R22 ] with R11 defined as the largest leading submatrix whose estimated condition number is less than 1/RCOND. The order of R11, RANK, is the effective rank of A. Then, R22 is considered to be negligible, and R12 is annihilated by orthogonal transformations from the right, arriving at the complete orthogonal factorization: A * P = Q * [ T11 0 ] * Z [ 0 0 ] The minimum-norm solution is then X = P * Z' [ inv(T11)*Q1'*B ] [ 0 ] where Q1 consists of the first RANK columns of Q. ARGUMENTS
M (input) INTEGER The number of rows of the matrix A. M >= 0. N (input) INTEGER The number of columns of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS (input) INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of matrices B and X. NRHS >= 0. A (input/output) REAL array, dimension (LDA,N) On entry, the M-by-N matrix A. On exit, A has been overwritten by details of its complete orthogonal factorization. LDA (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array A. LDA >= max(1,M). B (input/output) REAL array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) On entry, the M-by-NRHS right hand side matrix B. On exit, the N-by-NRHS solution matrix X. If m >= n and RANK = n, the residual sum-of-squares for the solution in the i-th column is given by the sum of squares of elements N+1:M in that column. LDB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,M,N). JPVT (input/output) INTEGER array, dimension (N) On entry, if JPVT(i) .ne. 0, the i-th column of A is an initial column, otherwise it is a free column. Before the QR factorization of A, all initial columns are permuted to the leading positions; only the remaining free columns are moved as a result of column pivoting during the factorization. On exit, if JPVT(i) = k, then the i-th column of A*P was the k-th column of A. RCOND (input) REAL RCOND is used to determine the effective rank of A, which is defined as the order of the largest leading triangular submatrix R11 in the QR factorization with pivoting of A, whose estimated condition number < 1/RCOND. RANK (output) INTEGER The effective rank of A, i.e., the order of the submatrix R11. This is the same as the order of the submatrix T11 in the complete orthogonal factorization of A. WORK (workspace) REAL array, dimension (max( min(M,N)+3*N, 2*min(M,N)+NRHS )), INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 SGELSX(l)