Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Issues in sending mail with attachements Post 302557439 by pandeesh on Wednesday 21st of September 2011 08:02:14 AM
Old 09-21-2011
Hi

I am sending mail from unix to windows

In windows I can't use uudecode..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

attachements with mail command

Is there any way to send attachments via "mail" command from the terminal? im writing a simple bash script to send my backups to my email address (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: C|[anti-trust]
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send Attachements in Mail (CSHELL)

Hi All, Is there any way we can send attachement in a mail from the script using CSHELL. Thanks in Advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: surfsg24
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem while sending mail with attachements

Hi All, I am using mailx command in shell script to send mail with output files as attachment to my email id. When my colleague is running the shell script (script code mentioned below), he is getting the mail but without attachment. Attachment is appeared as junk characters in mail... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishant_pathak_
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issues while sending a mail having records fetched from SQL -all in UNIX

hi-I want to write a UNIX Script which will fetch records from Oracle database.I want to store these records in a file under fields like email address,name and the transaction_id and then fetch these records from the file and send the email to individual users with their transaction ID details. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeepSalwan
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

issues in sending mail

Hi, i am trying the below script for sending mail. if then count=`cat $sfile|wc -l` echo "There are $count abends.Please take care " > body.txt (cat body.txt;uuencode $sfile $sfile) | mailx -s "Alert:there are failures" pandeesh@gmail.com fi In the mail, i am getting like: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Problems sending mail: Difference between Mail and Mailx?

Whats the difference between mail and mailx? I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem where I can send mail from server A with this `echo $MESSAGE | mail -s "$SUBJECT" -r $FROM $RECIPIENTS` command but executing the same command from server B throws me this error (Both servers are RHEL) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
1 Replies

7. AIX

Mail command to send attachements

I tried the below command uuencode data.txt | mailx -s “Test Mail” “mrp@xyz.com” But I get the below error ksh: uuencode: not found. Null Message body; hope that' ok which clearly tell that uuencode utility is not found. Is there any other way to send attachments with mail through... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpm120
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues sending emails using PostFix Mail Server

I'm unable to send email from my Linux server despite SMTP port 25 Active and Listening. # hostname TechX I checked the mail log ( /var/log/maillog ) and found the below error. I'm sharing all the ".cf" files seen in the error log. 1. # more /etc/postfix/main.cf # postfix... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
0 Replies
RT::Client::REST::Attachment(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 RT::Client::REST::Attachment(3pm)

NAME
RT::Client::REST::Attachment -- this object represents an attachment. SYNOPSIS
my $attachments = $ticket->attachments; my $count = $attachments->count; print "There are $count attachments. "; my $iterator = $attachments->get_iterator; while (my $att = &$iterator) { print "Id: ", $att->id, "; Subject: ", $att->subject, " "; } DESCRIPTION
An attachment is a second-class citizen, as it does not exist (at least from the current REST protocol implementation) by itself. At the moment, it is always associated with a ticket (see parent_id attribute). Thus, you will rarely retrieve an attachment by itself; instead, you should use "attachments()" method of RT::Client::REST::Ticket object to get an iterator for all attachments for that ticket. ATTRIBUTES
id Numeric ID of the attachment. creator_id Numeric ID of the user who created the attachment. parent_id Numeric ID of the object the attachment is associated with. This is not a proper attribute of the attachment as specified by REST -- it is simply to store the ID of the RT::Client::REST::Ticket object this attachment belongs to. subject Subject of the attachment. content_type Content type. file_name File name (if any). transaction_id Numeric ID of the RT::Client::REST::Transaction object this attachment is associated with. message_id Message ID. created Time when the attachment was created content Actual content of the attachment. headers Headers (not parsed), if any. parent Parent (not sure what this is yet). content_encoding Content encoding, if any. METHODS
RT::Client::REST::Attachment is a read-only object, so you cannot "store()" it. Also, because it is a second-class citizen, you cannot "search()" or "count()" it -- use "attachments()" method provided by RT::Client::REST::Ticket. retrieve To retrieve an attachment, attributes id and parent_id must be set. INTERNAL METHODS
rt_type Returns 'attachment'. SEE ALSO
RT::Client::REST::Ticket, RT::Client::REST::SearchResult. AUTHOR
Dmitri Tikhonov <dtikhonov@yahoo.com> LICENSE
Perl license with the exception of RT::Client::REST, which is GPLed. perl v5.14.2 2011-12-27 RT::Client::REST::Attachment(3pm)