Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Preprocessor __FILE__ for Debugging Post 302557389 by tanlccc on Wednesday 21st of September 2011 05:26:30 AM
Old 09-21-2011
Preprocessor __FILE__ for Debugging

Hi,

Just wondering if it is possible to trim the file path output by __FILE__ preprocessor in my debugging line.

Let's say my main.cpp file is found in C:\User\MyName\SystemA\Mod1\SubMod2\Test\main.cpp

for __FILE__, I just want the filename - main.cpp to be printed, instead of the entire path + filename.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding Debugging

Hi, If we want to debug a shell script, then set -vx has to be included in the begining of the script. Just i want to know what purpose -vx is used. Thanks in advace Sarwan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarwan
2 Replies

2. Solaris

debugging

when I tried to debug my application i got the following. gdb -v GNU gdb 6.6 file is in C and Xmotiff Languages (gdb) attach 25499 Attaching to process 25499 Retry #1: Retry #2: Retry #3: Retry #4: 0xfea40b68 in ?? () (gdb) where #0 0xfea40b68 in ?? () (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish@123
0 Replies

3. Programming

Preprocessor

Hi, Anyone please explain the functionality of ## in c. I didn't get the following preprocessor directives, # define LL(x) x ## LL # define LL(x) x ## i64 Thanks, Naga:cool: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nagapandi
1 Replies

4. Programming

Need some help in debugging the C-Progam.

Hi i want to debug the C program with GDB debugger. I want to debug the program by line by line. I want to debug program like as we debug the program in Turbo-C using the F8. Can any one help me? I know i have to use single stepping. But i don't know how to use it. Any help can be appreciated..... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ps_sach
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fixer Debugging

hi all, would you please help me correcting and debugging this script: fx-permiss.sh which accepts a list of users as argument resiting those files permissions: say our directory structure: /home/erzal/file /home/erzal/dire /home/erzal/share /home/erzal/share/file /home/erzal/share/dire 1-... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erzal
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Fixer Debugging

School:Syrian Virtual University - Bachelor in Information Technology - Tutor: A.Issa - course: S10-iti320 hi all, would you please help me correcting and debugging this script: fx-permiss.sh which accepts a list of users as argument resiting those files permissions: say our directory... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: erzal
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

blcr debugging

hey, can any one please tell me how can i debug blcr?? actually i have checkpointd a client using blcr and i want to check out what actually happens when we checkpoint any program. so i want to see what happen when we type $cr_checkpoint pid i mean i want to debug when i enter this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratibha
0 Replies

8. Programming

enum and C preprocessor

Say I have a list of enumerations I wish to use to select a variable at compile-time: enum pins { PIN_A=1, PIN_B=7, PIN_C=6, } int VAR1, VAR2, VAR3, VAR4, VAR5, VAR6, VAR7; #define PIN_TO_VAR(NUM) VAR ## NUM int main(void) { PIN_TO_VAR(PIN_A)=32;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
2 Replies

9. Programming

c++ debugging

hey i have a problem with a switch case in program and the debugger is messy has hell ( we use normal VI and gdb in our schoool to make it more diffiacult) any way i have a problom where for some unknown reason the debugger just skips a switch statment as if it wasent even there the rest... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotenxds
2 Replies

10. Programming

Use #if not defined with OR boolean logic in preprocessor directives

I am currently using Linux CentOS and programming in FORTRAN 90 using Portland 7.1 compiler. I am able to set in the preprocessor directives a flag called TEST. when I go to use logic in my code i can write #ifdef TEST execute something #endif Furthermore, if I want to negate the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prodigious8
2 Replies
assert(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 						assert(3C)

NAME
assert - verify program assertion SYNOPSIS
#include <assert.h> void assert(int expression); DESCRIPTION
The assert() macro inserts diagnostics into applications. When executed, if expression is FALSE (zero), assert() prints the error message Assertion failed: expression, file xyz, line nnn on the standard error output and aborts. In the error message, xyz is the name of the source file and nnn the source line number of the assert() statement. These are respectively the values of the preprocessor macros __FILE__ and __LINE__. Since assert() is implemented as a macro, the expression may not contain any string literals. Compiling with the preprocessor option -DNDEBUG (see cc(1B)), or with the preprocessor control statement #define NDEBUG ahead of the #include <assert.h> statement, will stop assertions from being compiled into the program. Messages printed from this function are in the native language specified by the LC_MESSAGES locale category. See setlocale(3C). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cc(1B), abort(3C), gettext(3C), setlocale(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 30 Mar 2005 assert(3C)