Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Expect scripting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Expect scripting Post 302557384 by yano1o14 on Wednesday 21st of September 2011 05:07:01 AM
Old 09-21-2011
Hi radoulov,

Thank you so much. It solved my problem. I am just beginning script and I think without your information it will take me 1 week to figure this out.

Thanks again!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help required on expect scripting

I am trying to write an expect script for remote server login. At some point of time I need to telnet based on the output of grep command. Based on the output I need to select the ip address of the server. How can I write an expect script for the same. The output of the grep command is as follows:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ayyappakumar
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect scripting need help

Hi experts, I am trying to develop a script using Expect. I am stuck somewhere. I need ur help guys. I have sun solaris where i need to input the following commands- bash-2.05$ telnet 11.13.58.39 2310 Trying 0.0.0.0... Connected to .. Escape character is '^]'. CONNECTING TO... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange expect script behavior, or am i misunderstanding expect scripting?

Hello to all...this is my first post (so please go easy). :) I feel pretty solid at expect scripting, but I'm running into an issue that I'm not able to wrap my head around. I wrote a script that is a little advanced for logging into a remote Linux machine and changing text in a file using sed.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: v1k0d3n
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in expect scripting.

Hi, I am new to expect scripting and need your help in the following task. I want an expect script to take the commands from an input file and then execute the commands and give the command execution output in an otput file. The command execution part is normal and I did it via script by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sooryaa
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect passwd scripting

I am trying to write an expect script which will read information from a file that contains username and password, and change the password for each user accordingly. The list contains around 100 users. I am new to both Solaris and expect. I have successfully been able to set the first user's... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: DoctorOctagon
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Scripting Help

Hi All, I am trying to connect a router using Expect scripting. But my script shows error.One more thing after the command telnet localhost 2000 we should press ENTER KEY once before the command prompt asks for "enable" and password.Please help correctiong my script. #!/usr/bin/expect -- ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harikrishna
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Scripting Help

Hi All, I am suppose to capature the value command `show ip route` of a router in a Expect script. But i am not able to catch the value in a variable or a file in the following Expect script. #!/usr/bin/expect -f set input spawn telnet localhost $argv expect "Escape character is '^]'."... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harikrishna
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect scripting

Hello, I tried to use expect to catch information from my nagios and send me a call but i have nothing when i execute the script : 0 - add : account SIP 1 - trext : information from nagios text2wav : conversion text to wav ( text to speech ) pjsua : connection thru the SIP ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: acidozik
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect scripting.

I was wondering if I could do this a bit better. another script calls this script and logs into a device, does the relavant "show commands" and then saves those to a file. My problem is that the buffer isn't large enough to the output of some of the commands. here is an excerpt of what i'm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gen1mx6
0 Replies

10. IP Networking

IP and expect scripting

Hi I am new to IP configuration and using expect script I have a requirement like I need to write a expect script that can ssh to a remote machine(linux1) using password which already has IP, once logged inside machine need to reboot remote machine(linux1) and again login to same remote... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
1 Replies
gtans(6)							   Games Manual 							  gtans(6)

NAME
gtans - Tangram game for X SYNOPSIS
gtans [no options] DESCRIPTION
Gtans is a tangram game that runs in X. Tangram is a kind of puzzle game where the player has to arrange a set of pieces to match a given shape. OPTIONS
No command-line options Use the graphical interface to customize the program. See below. USAGE
move the pieces (known as tans) until they match the figure drawn on the right window. You must always use the seven tans and they should not be laid on top of one another. To move a tan, click and drag it with left mouse button, for rotation click AROUND it. You can flip the selected tan by right-clicking. This is usefull for the parallelogram tan (all positions can not be reached by rotating only). If you are a beginner to Tangram you should try the first 10 figures. The other ones are not sorted, some of them are very difficult (to my taste). When a figure has been solved the background color of the silhouette area changes. The solved figures are remembered by saving a status file in the user's directory (~/.gtans/afile.figures.status for a figure file called afile.figures) Show a tan This button shows the position of a tan. Each further click will display an other tan. Show outline Draw the figure in the main area. This makes the game much easier. Preferences Most of this menu's options allow you to change the colors used by the game. For the main area you may choose textures (pixmap files) instead of colors. Some sample files are supplied (I can't remember where I found them) but as the complete pathname is saved in the config file you can choose a file located anywhere (for example in /usr/share/pixmaps/). On a 8 bits display the colors may not be exactly what you want (GTK tries to find the best matching color). Preferences/Tans size/Increase Makes the tans 5 % bigger relatively to the game area. If you resize the window the tans size will be scaled. Preferences/Tans size/Decrease Makes the tans 4.76 % smaller Preferences/Accuracy Changes the precision of the comparison between the tans position and the solution. A lower accuracy makes the game more easy. Preferences/Rotation Step by step allows only rotation by increment of 11.5 degrees. Continuous rotation makes the game more difficult and you probably shouldn't use it unless you really dislike step by step rotation. Preferences/Figures file Allows you to choose another figures file. Preferences/Save config Save a config file in the user's home directory. Misc/Clear figure status Set the current figure as unsolved. Misc/Clear all figures status Set all the loaded figures (i.e. from the current figure file) as unsolved. FILES
~/.gtans/.gtansrc Configuration options for gtans. All of these options can be set from the interface, there should be no need to edit this file. ~/.gtans/somename.figures.status Status files (for each figures file the user played with) remenbering which figures where solved. SEE ALSO
The gtans homepage at <http://gtans.sourceforge.net/>. Additional information and documentation can also be found in /usr/share/doc/gtans/ . AUTHOR
The author of gtans is Philippe Banwarth <bwt@users.sourceforge.net> February 2000 gtans(6)