Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Umount CIFS
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Umount CIFS Post 302557192 by kopper on Tuesday 20th of September 2011 02:32:36 PM
Old 09-20-2011
Found this too

Code:
CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -6
 CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -6
 CIFS VFS: Error 0xfffffffa on cifs_get_inode_info in lookup of \io.sys
 CIFS VFS: Error 0xfffffffa on cifs_get_inode_info in lookup of \msdos.sys

so my server will have to be rebooted.... Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

umount

:confused: Twofold question for you unix "guru's" 1) When attempting to use the umount command I get a message stating that the partition that I want to unmount is busy. Is there another command that I need to use prior to the umount command to clear the partition of activity????? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rod23
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

umount, device busy, but..

I'm trying to unmount a file system, but umount says the device is busy. A fuser -c /myfs tells me that nothing on this fs is in use. Any idea? Oh, and btw, why isn't my signature beeing displayed? Show user's signature is enabled and I have entered one :/ (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sTorm
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

umount error

the program as follow: mount /dev/fd0135ds18 /mnt cd /mnt touch file1 cat /file2 >/mnt/file1 umount /dev/fd135ds18 when error tell device busy could you tell me the reason? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fresh
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

umount help

hi all, I inherit a Solaris7 system with /home mounted via a share from the NFS server. When I look at mnttab, there are two entries mounted under /home. Let's say they are server:/home/a and server:/home/b. I would like to maintain /home/a but not /home/b. However, I just don't know where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrec
4 Replies

5. Solaris

umount is failing

I am trying to umount a NFS share. When I do the following: # umount syrupg21 umount: /oebs/syrupg21: device is busy device bussy so I like to check what is working on the system.... # fuser -muv /oebs/syrupg21/ # So no locks should be there... any clue? Regards, Johan... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suntac
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to umount CDRom

Hi, I am writing a multi-cd spanning installer for a particular software in Linux (Redhat 4 or greater / Suse ) My Program is in Java. A Shell Script is used to fork the java process. I found out that when the Installer tries to go to the next disc when prompted so, by the installer, the eject... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiju.jacob
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

how to force umount

sorry, wrong section, mod please close thread (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertngo
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

Is it really impossible to force umount on HP-UX

Hello, yeah... here my question : Exist some way to force umount on HP other than reboot? Thanks gb (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
12 Replies

9. Linux

Is umount -l dangerous?

I had a umount busy issue, that the usual fuser -mk did not solve, I did a umount -l and was able to unmount the device, I then got in trouble by the storage team staff: Here was a snippet of their response: Using "umount -l" is a potentially dangerous act. The command combination for a lazy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pastajet
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

accidentally umount -a

Hi all, I accidentally unmounted filesystems using umount -a command. How to recover from this. Please help. Thanks in advance! when i try to use mount -a i got the following output. # mount -a mount: /dev/vg00/lvol05 already mounted or /opt busy mount: /dev/vg00/lvol07 already... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
4 Replies
Gnome2::VFS::Mime(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Gnome2::VFS::Mime(3pm)

NAME
Gnome2::VFS::Mime - functions for getting information about applications and components associated with MIME types METHODS
boolean = Gnome2::VFS::Mime->id_in_application_list ($id, ...) o $id (string) o ... (list) of GnomeVFSMimeApplication's list = Gnome2::VFS::Mime->id_list_from_application_list (...) o ... (list) of GnomeVFSMimeApplication's Returns a list of application id's. string = Gnome2::VFS->get_mime_type_for_data ($data) o $data (scalar) string = Gnome2::VFS->get_mime_type_for_name_and_data ($filename, $data) o $filename (string) o $data (scalar) Since: vfs 2.14 string = Gnome2::VFS->get_mime_type_for_name ($filename) o $filename (string) Since: vfs 2.14 string = Gnome2::VFS->get_mime_type ($text_uri) o $text_uri (string) list = Gnome2::VFS::Mime->remove_application_from_list ($application_id, ...) o $application_id (string) o ... (list) of GnomeVFSMimeApplication's Returns a boolean indicating whether anything was removed and the resulting list of GnomeVFSMimeApplication's. string = Gnome2::VFS->get_slow_mime_type ($text_uri) o $text_uri (string) Since: vfs 2.14 SEE ALSO
Gnome2::VFS COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2007 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Gnome2::VFS for a full notice. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Gnome2::VFS::Mime(3pm)