Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users sudo wildcards problem: for every argument a *-wildcard? Better solution? Post 302556936 by slashdotweenie on Tuesday 20th of September 2011 06:34:24 AM
Old 09-20-2011
sudo wildcards problem: for every argument a *-wildcard? Better solution?

Hi

I allow the user tommy to run this command as root

Code:
sudoCommand: /app/appname/connectors/*/*/current/bin/*

With "sudo -l" he sees the sudoers, but is unable to execute.

Code:
$ sudo /app/appname/connectors/zur/namename/current/bin/othername agentsvc --i --u root --sn 1m7command
Sorry, user tommy is not allowed to execute '/app/appname/connectors/zur/namename/current/bin/othername agentsvc --i --u root --sn 1m7command' as root on testcentbox07.

I guess because of wildcard arguments. Does every argument needs a *-wildcard? Howto do when I don't know the number of arguments?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find wildcard .shtml files in wildcard directories and removing them- How's it done?

I'm trying to figure out how to build a small shell script that will find old .shtml files in every /tgp/ directory on the server and delete them if they are older than 10 days... The structure of the paths are like this: /home/domains/www.domain2.com/tgp/ /home/domains/www.domain3.com/tgp/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neko
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to check if the argument contain wildcard (*,?) ?

In a script , i would like to check if the argument ( $1, $2 inside the script) contain wildcard (*,? etc). how do i do it? > script_name arg1 arg* $1 (arg1) does not contain wildcard, but $2 (arg* )contains wildcard. how can i tell in script? i need to do this is because : if arg1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gusla
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Problem in using wildcard characters in xargs with find

Hi, Under my parent diectory I have directory named "Response" in many of its subfolders. I am interested to see all files with extention .pro in Response Directory. I am giving following command - find . -name "Response" -type d | xargs -i ls -lrt {}/*.pro but it is not giving result. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay1979
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem when concatinating wildcard onto file location in bash script

I am having difficulty with the following script: #! /bin/bash filelist=~/data/${1}* ~/./convertFile $filelist ~/temp/outputEssentially, there are a large number of files in the directory ~/data, each with a four-letter code at the beginning (eg. aaaa001 aaaa002 bbbb001 bbbb002 etc). The... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lears_Fool
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with use of the ? wildcard in regex substitution.

I'm trying to use Larry Wall's rename (prename) tool to rename multiple files: $ ls -1 blar.m4mp3 BLAH.mpmp3 bar foo.m4mp3 foo bar.mpmp3 I'm trying to fix the extensions so they're all .mp3: rename 's/m?mp3/mp3/' *mp3 I expect m?mp3 to match the extensions,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ropers
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wildcard in mailx argument

Hi All, I have to send some files as attachments to an email using mailx copmmand in a shell script. The files will be generated by some other application everyday with names starting with the literal 'Send' followed by some random sequence of characters in the filenames. I tried... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagarparadkar
1 Replies
GZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GZEXE(1)

NAME
gzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
gzexe name ... DESCRIPTION
The gzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``gzexe /usr/bin/gdb'' it will create the following two files: -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1026675 Jun 7 13:53 /usr/bin/gdb -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2304524 May 30 13:02 /usr/bin/gdb~ /usr/bin/gdb~ is the original file and /usr/bin/gdb is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /usr/bin/gdb~ once you are sure that /usr/bin/gdb works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
gzip(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some standard utilities (basename, chmod, ln, mkdir, mktemp, rm, sleep, and tail). BUGS
gzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. GZEXE(1)