Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Replacing grepped text.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing grepped text. Post 302556900 by anushree.a on Tuesday 20th of September 2011 04:07:09 AM
Old 09-20-2011
Hi friend,

Thanks for providing alternate solution
I tried your solution and now the final output file (x4) has the containt of input tile i.e. x3. :-(
Lot No: is missing.
In short the solution has only copied countaints of x3 to x4.
Please guide. :-(

---------- Post updated at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:30 PM ----------

Sorry Anchal... My mistake... your solution is working fine for us.

Thank you very very much
God bless you
Take care
Bye
Anu.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing text

hey how can i change part of a file i hve to do in a masses so mv or cp is not practical. I have to change xxx_rrr to xxx_yyy pls help thank (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaya
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing text

I was using the following code to replace the path names and it works when it is echo "$PWD/$f" | sed -e 's/^.*chris\.domain\.com/chris.domain.com/' IN fact it works great However I tried to incorporate a variable echo "$PWD/$f" | sed -e... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrchcol
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing Text in Text file

Hi Guys, I am needing some help writing a shell script to replace the following in a text file /opt/was/apps/was61 with some other path eg /usr/blan/blah/blah. I know that i can do it using sed or perl but just having difficulty writing the escape characters for it All Help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgilchrist
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching and replacing text

Im new to using perl scripting, and i was wondering if anyone could help me, I need to create a cgi file that when it runs it opens a file looks through all the words, and replace the word hello with goodbye, ive been looking around and someone said to use an If statement, but ive found no other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xzen123
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Puzzle: file name grepped from text file yields "no such file"

Dear all, In a bash script, I grep a filename from an UTF8 encoded file: LIST=`grep ^source $FILE | tr "\t" " " | cut -d " " -f 2 | sed -e 's,~,\$HOME,g'` The result is # echo $LIST $HOME/.mail_aliases_seminaire_MMMG Then I try to access it: #ls $LIST ls: cannot access... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: josce
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Script to email grepped results

I am following the tread number 81556 to grep a file and send the results in email. #/bin/bash /bin/grep -i 'invite sip' /var/log/asterisk/full if echo "found" | mail -s 'invite sip' mail@gmail.com When I just build it to grep and mail, it works fine. However, the if statement causes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: klysdale
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing text on every third line

I have file like this "copy table_name from filea.txt on node replace delimiter '|';" "copy table_name from fileb.txt on node replace delimiter '|';" "copy table_name from filec.txt on node replace delimiter'|';" "copy table_name from filee.txt on node replace delimiter '|';" "copy... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nnani
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get a number from a grepped sentence of a file?

I want get a number(ID) from a sentence which has been grepped from file using error number. For Example: #!/bin/ksh echo "Enter RRS ID: " read rrs echo "Enter error number:" read err scp -pr ptc-avdbamdw102:/home/icsprd/M3logs/Accurate/logs/corp_post/$rrs.*.err.txt $HOME/daemon_mail/... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayDoshi
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing grepped date var into code

Hi Everyone, I am a bit new at learning this bash syntax. I have a problem at work that needs to be addressed. We find we are spending quite a bit of time killing old processes created by oracle replication that have been restarted later in the week. Because the replication takes time to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdby
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print the grepped string alongwith the filename

We have C shell and we are executing the below script: #!/bin/csh -f if ($#argv != 2) then echo "Usage $0 DirecotryPath Inputfilename" exit 1 endif set dir=$1 set fname=$2 echo $dir foreach line ( `cat $fname` ) echo \ ======================================== >>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: donisback
2 Replies
lreplace(1T)						       Tcl Built-In Commands						      lreplace(1T)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
lreplace - Replace elements in a list with new elements SYNOPSIS
lreplace list first last ?element element ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
lreplace returns a new list formed by replacing one or more elements of list with the element arguments. first and last specify the first and last index of the range of elements to replace. 0 refers to the first element of the list, and end (or any abbreviation of it) may be used to refer to the last element of the list. If list is empty, then first and last are ignored. If first is less than zero, it is considered to refer to the first element of the list. For non-empty lists, the element indicated by first must exist. If last is less than zero but greater than first, then any specified elements will be prepended to the list. If last is less than first then no elements are deleted; the new elements are simply inserted before first. The element arguments specify zero or more new arguments to be added to the list in place of those that were deleted. Each element argu- ment will become a separate element of the list. If no element arguments are specified, then the elements between first and last are sim- ply deleted. If list is empty, any element arguments are added to the end of the list. EXAMPLES
Replacing an element of a list with another: % lreplace {a b c d e} 1 1 foo a foo c d e Replacing two elements of a list with three: % lreplace {a b c d e} 1 2 three more elements a three more elements d e Deleting the last element from a list in a variable: % set var {a b c d e} a b c d e % set var [lreplace $var end end] a b c d SEE ALSO
list(1T), lappend(1T), lindex(1T), linsert(1T), llength(1T), lsearch(1T), lset(1T), lrange(1T), lsort(1T) | KEYWORDS
element, list, replace ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTcl | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tcl is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tcl 7.4 lreplace(1T)