Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to evaluate a string of numbers in the same command of AWK Post 302556867 by vivek_shm74 on Tuesday 20th of September 2011 01:23:11 AM
Old 09-20-2011
Thanks

Hi Ahamed,
Thanks a lot, it is working and out of awk complications.
Only thing is which I need to take care is the bc -l is calculating on natural log but I need to use log of base 10.
Thanks a lot for your help
regds
vivek sharma

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed Command: To Parse Stament between 2 numbers

Hi, I need an awk command that would parse the below expression Input Format 1 'Stmt1 ............................'2 'Stmt2 ............................'3 'Stmt3 ............................'4 'Stmt4 ............................'5 'Stmt5 ............................'6 'Stmt6... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with sub command (awk) and numbers

Hi, I am trying to perform a simple soustraction between two floating numbers and cannot get it done for some reason due to the use of the sub command. The following is the straight-forward result of the soustraction: $ echo | gawk '{a=968;b=967.99;c=a-b;print c}' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indalecio
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Evaluate string containing shell variable names

Hello, I have this: #!/usr/bin/ksh V1=ABC str="hello 123;${V1}" eval "echo $str" i get hello 123 /script.sh ABC not found However eval works if $str variable doesn't contain a semicolumn (eg if str="hello 123~${v1}" running the eval statement above would produce (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: endorphin
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

A mistake in awk command I used to parse numbers

Hi I have a big file with a certain pattern (shown below) from which I need to parse out some digits in tabular format. The format of the file is: '-' indicates text which doesn't to be parsed # Output of huzzle for sequence file 1000.Clade1.html - - - -- -------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk if statement to evaluate string and compare

I have the following simplified code that I am planning on putting into a larger shell script. I have been butchering it to try and make work amongst google searches and reading awk documentation. amixer sset Master toggle | awk '{ if ( /^ Front Left/ { print $7 } == // ) print "MUTED" }'I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search several string and convert into a single line for each search string using awk command AIX?.

I need to search the file using strings "Request Type" , " Request Method" , "Response Type" and by using result set find the xml tags and convert into a single line?. below are the scenarios. Cat test Nov 10, 2012 5:17:53 AM INFO: Request Type Line 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : match only the pattern string , not letters or numbers after that.

Hi Experts, I am finding difficulty to get exact match: file OPERATING_SYSTEM=HP-UX LOOPBACK_ADDRESS=127.0.0.1 INTERFACE_NAME="lan3" IP_ADDRESS="10.53.52.241" SUBNET_MASK="255.255.255.192" BROADCAST_ADDRESS="" INTERFACE_STATE="" DHCP_ENABLE=0 INTERFACE_NAME="lan3:1"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Evaluate Expression within awk

I want to create a conditional expression string and pass in an awk script. My script is as below... comm="\$3 == "hello"" awk -F "^T" -v command="${comm}" ' { if ( command ) { print "hye" } }' testBut the statement "if ( command )" always evaluates to true which is not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saikat123
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to evaluate expression under awk?

I have to display only those subscribers which are in "unconnected state" and the date is 90 days older than today's date. Below command is used for this purpose: cat vfsubscriber_20170817.csv | sed -e 's/^"//' -e '1d' | \ nawk -F '",' '{if ( (substr($11,2,4) == 2017) && ( substr($11,2,8)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dia
1 Replies
Tcl_ExprLong(3TCL)					      Tcl Library Procedures						Tcl_ExprLong(3TCL)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_ExprLong, Tcl_ExprDouble, Tcl_ExprBoolean, Tcl_ExprString - evaluate an expression SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> int Tcl_ExprLong(interp, string, longPtr) int Tcl_ExprDouble(interp, string, doublePtr) int Tcl_ExprBoolean(interp, string, booleanPtr) int Tcl_ExprString(interp, string) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter in whose context to evaluate string. | CONST char *string (in) | Expression to be evaluated. long *longPtr (out) Pointer to location in which to store the integer value of the expression. int *doublePtr (out) Pointer to location in which to store the floating-point value of the expression. int *booleanPtr (out) Pointer to location in which to store the 0/1 boolean value of the expression. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
These four procedures all evaluate the expression given by the string argument and return the result in one of four different forms. The expression can have any of the forms accepted by the expr command. Note that these procedures have been largely replaced by the object- based procedures Tcl_ExprLongObj, Tcl_ExprDoubleObj, Tcl_ExprBooleanObj, and Tcl_ExprObj. Those object-based procedures evaluate an expression held in a Tcl object instead of a string. The object argument can retain an internal representation that is more efficient to execute. The interp argument refers to an interpreter used to evaluate the expression (e.g. for variables and nested Tcl commands) and to return error information. For all of these procedures the return value is a standard Tcl result: TCL_OK means the expression was successfully evaluated, and TCL_ERROR means that an error occurred while evaluating the expression. If TCL_ERROR is returned then the interpreter's result will hold a message describing the error. If an error occurs while executing a Tcl command embedded in the expression then that error will be returned. If the expression is successfully evaluated, then its value is returned in one of four forms, depending on which procedure is invoked. Tcl_ExprLong stores an integer value at *longPtr. If the expression's actual value is a floating-point number, then it is truncated to an integer. If the expression's actual value is a non-numeric string then an error is returned. Tcl_ExprDouble stores a floating-point value at *doublePtr. If the expression's actual value is an integer, it is converted to floating- point. If the expression's actual value is a non-numeric string then an error is returned. Tcl_ExprBoolean stores a 0/1 integer value at *booleanPtr. If the expression's actual value is an integer or floating-point number, then they store 0 at *booleanPtr if the value was zero and 1 otherwise. If the expression's actual value is a non-numeric string then it must be one of the values accepted by Tcl_GetBoolean such as ``yes'' or ``no'', or else an error occurs. Tcl_ExprString returns the value of the expression as a string stored in the interpreter's result. SEE ALSO
Tcl_ExprLongObj, Tcl_ExprDoubleObj, Tcl_ExprBooleanObj, Tcl_ExprObj KEYWORDS
boolean, double, evaluate, expression, integer, object, string ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTcl | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tcl is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tcl 7.0 Tcl_ExprLong(3TCL)