Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete lines in file containing duplicate strings, keeping longer strings Post 302556842 by Chubler_XL on Monday 19th of September 2011 08:43:19 PM
Old 09-19-2011
This should do it for you:
Code:
awk -v FS="\"" '$3 !~ "#" {
        # Remember the order tokens come in
        if(!L[$2]) { C[N++]=$2; L[$2]=1; }
        # Save the longest
        if(length($3) > length(A[$2])) { A[$2]=$3; B[$2]=$0 }
}
END { for(M=0; M<N; M++) print B[C[M]] }

or this if you still want # lines in the output:

Code:
awk -v FS="\"" '$3 !~ "#" {
        # Remember the order tokens come in
        if(!L[$2]) { C[N++]=$2; L[$2]=1; }
        # Save the longest
        if(length($3) > length(A[$2])) { A[$2]=$3; B[$2]=$0 }
        next
}
{ C[N++]=$0; B[$0]=$0 }
END { for(M=0; M<N; M++) print B[C[M]] }' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep and delete lines except the lines with strings

Hi I am writing a script which should read a file and search for certain strings 'approved' or 'removed' and retain only those lines that contain the above strings. Ex: file name 'test' test: approved package waiting for approval package disapproved package removed package approved... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vj8436
14 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete lines with duplicate strings based on date

Hey all, a relative bash/script newbie trying solve a problem. I've got a text file with lots of lines that I've been able to clean up and format with awk/sed/cut, but now I'd like to remove the lines with duplicate usernames based on time stamp. Here's what the data looks like 2007-11-03... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattv
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete strings in file1 based on the list of strings in file2

Hello guys, should be a very easy questn for you: I need to delete strings in file1 based on the list of strings in file2. like file2: word1_word2_ word3_word5_ word3_word4_ word6_word7_ file1: word1_word2_otherwords..,word3_word5_others... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: roussine
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines starting with these strings

Platform : RHEL 5.8 I have text file called myapplication.log . In this file, I have around 800 lines which start with the followng three strings PWRBRKER-3493 PWRBRKER-7834 SCHEDULER-ERROR How can I delete these lines in one go ? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega3
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting lines between two strings with duplicate set of data

if I have the following lines in a file app.log some lines here <AAAA> abc <id>123456789</id> ddd </AAAA>some lines here too <BBBB> abc <id>123456789</id> ddd </BBBB>some lines here too <AAAA> xyz <id>987654321</id> ssss </AAAA>some lines here again... How do I get the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nariwithu
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete duplicate strings in a line

Hi, i need help to remove duplicates in my file. The problem is i need to delete one duplicate for each line only. the input file as follows and it is not tab delimited:- The output need to remove 2nd word (in red) that duplicate with 1st word (in blue). Other duplicates should remained... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace some strings keeping others

I want to replace strings in test2 according to test1 table. In doing so, I`m losing records that I dont need to replace, please suggest modifications. what i have $ cat > test1 a b c d   $ cat > test2 a a a d d   what i tried $ awk ' BEGIN {FS=OFS=" "} FNR==NR{a=$2;next}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senhia83
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines containing 2 or more duplicate strings

Within my text file i have several thousand lines of text with some lines containing duplicate strings/words. I would like to entirely remove those lines which contain the duplicate strings. Eg; One and a Two Unix.com is the Best This as a Line Line Example duplicate sentence with the word... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: martinsmith
22 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pass strings from a list of strings from another file and create multiple files?

Hello Everyone , Iam a newbie to shell programming and iam reaching out if anyone can help in this :- I have two files 1) Insert.txt 2) partition_list.txt insert.txt looks like this :- insert into emp1 partition (partition_name) (a1, b2, c4, s6, d8) select a1, b2, c4, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nubie2linux
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Use strings from nth field from one file to match strings in entire line in another file, awk

I cannot seem to get what should be a simple awk one-liner to work correctly and cannot figure out why. I would like to use patterns from a specific field in one file as regex to search for matching strings in the entire line ($0) of another file. I would like to output the lines of File2 which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jvoot
1 Replies
OCI_BIND_ARRAY_BY_NAME(3)												 OCI_BIND_ARRAY_BY_NAME(3)

oci_bind_array_by_name - Binds a PHP array to an Oracle PL/SQL array parameter

SYNOPSIS
bool oci_bind_array_by_name (resource $statement, string $name, array &$var_array, int $max_table_length, [int $max_item_length = -1], [int $type = SQLT_AFC]) DESCRIPTION
Binds the PHP array $var_array to the Oracle placeholder $name, which points to an Oracle PL/SQL array. Whether it will be used for input or output will be determined at run-time. PARAMETERS
o $statement - A valid OCI statement identifier. o $name - The Oracle placeholder. o $var_array - An array. o $max_table_length - Sets the maximum length both for incoming and result arrays. o $max_item_length - Sets maximum length for array items. If not specified or equals to -1, oci_bind_array_by_name(3) will find the longest element in the incoming array and will use it as the maximum length. o $type - Should be used to set the type of PL/SQL array items. See list of available types below: o SQLT_NUM - for arrays of NUMBER. o SQLT_INT - for arrays of INTEGER (Note: INTEGER it is actually a synonym for NUMBER(38), but SQLT_NUM type won't work in this case even though they are synonyms). o SQLT_FLT - for arrays of FLOAT. o SQLT_AFC - for arrays of CHAR. o SQLT_CHR - for arrays of VARCHAR2. o SQLT_VCS - for arrays of VARCHAR. o SQLT_AVC - for arrays of CHARZ. o SQLT_STR - for arrays of STRING. o SQLT_LVC - for arrays of LONG VARCHAR. o SQLT_ODT - for arrays of DATE. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 oci_bind_array_by_name(3) example <?php $conn = oci_connect("hr", "hrpwd", "localhost/XE"); if (!$conn) { $m = oci_error(); trigger_error(htmlentities($m['message']), E_USER_ERROR); } $create = "CREATE TABLE bind_example(name VARCHAR(20))"; $stid = oci_parse($conn, $create); oci_execute($stid); $create_pkg = " CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE ARRAYBINDPKG1 AS TYPE ARRTYPE IS TABLE OF VARCHAR(20) INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER; PROCEDURE iobind(c1 IN OUT ARRTYPE); END ARRAYBINDPKG1;"; $stid = oci_parse($conn, $create_pkg); oci_execute($stid); $create_pkg_body = " CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY ARRAYBINDPKG1 AS CURSOR CUR IS SELECT name FROM bind_example; PROCEDURE iobind(c1 IN OUT ARRTYPE) IS BEGIN -- Bulk Insert FORALL i IN INDICES OF c1 INSERT INTO bind_example VALUES (c1(i)); -- Fetch and reverse IF NOT CUR%ISOPEN THEN OPEN CUR; END IF; FOR i IN REVERSE 1..5 LOOP FETCH CUR INTO c1(i); IF CUR%NOTFOUND THEN CLOSE CUR; EXIT; END IF; END LOOP; END iobind; END ARRAYBINDPKG1;"; $stid = oci_parse($conn, $create_pkg_body); oci_execute($stid); $stid = oci_parse($conn, "BEGIN arraybindpkg1.iobind(:c1); END;"); $array = array("one", "two", "three", "four", "five"); oci_bind_array_by_name($stid, ":c1", $array, 5, -1, SQLT_CHR); oci_execute($stid); var_dump($array); ?> PHP Documentation Group OCI_BIND_ARRAY_BY_NAME(3)