Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Doubt in getopts commands
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Doubt in getopts commands Post 302556821 by tamil.pamaran on Monday 19th of September 2011 05:50:52 PM
Old 09-19-2011
Oh ok then. Thanks for your response friends !!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopts

I have a script that facillitates NDM (Connect::\Direct) transfer to remote hosts. This script uses getopts to parse through the parameters passed to it and to set appropriate variables based upon what was passed in. Kickoff="mv $PATH/$FILE1 $PATH/$FILE2" ndm_shell.ksh -p $Node -s $Source -d... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopts

I have a script which fires a command based on certain parameters. I am posting the code below.. The options needs be given such that -u option goes along with -d and -s, -f goes with -d and -t goes with -s and -d. 1) How do I ensure that user misses any of the option then he should be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yerra
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt on Executing unix commands in script

How can I execute the unix command "cd - Change directory" command, so that my command prompt should be reflected for that change. Example : Now you are in your home directory i.e /home/naresh and you have some sub directory called unixinfo in your home directory. i want to write a script,so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naresh Kumar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in getopts

Hi, My script will take a input file as a parameter(which is not mandatory) and also an option. ksh my_script.sh <inputfile> The option -n I have given is no way related to the input file. Now the problem here is when i execute the script specifying the input file and the option(the way... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chella
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using getopts

I am having some trouble/questions with getopts that I can't find any solid info on with google I need it to parse things of the syntax of: -r # # # -f -c with as many repeats as possible, and it should catch erroneous commands also, but continue going... my first question is, -r... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TurboArkhan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

using getopts

Hi, I have a program where I want to use getopts. I want to use "-i" option and then optionally supply arguments. If user dosent supply arguments, then also it should work. Please tell me how to proceed. Here is some code, this is not right code btw but a sample to understand what I want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getopts

Hey, i need help with the use of getopts in shell script. tried reading a lot online, but found incomplete examples (maybe complete but cudn't make out). PLzz help...explain in deatil plzzz, i am a newbie:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SasankaBITS
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

? used in getopts

Suppose I have a code below . while getopts a: opt do case $opt in a) app_name="$OPTARG";; *) echo "$opt is an invalid option"; exit 1;; ?) echo "The value of $OPTARG is an invalid option"; exit 1;; esac done Could anyone please tell me in which case my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maitree
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using getopts. Need help

Hi all... I have been looking on here for the past few days for an answer and Im gonna have to break down and ask. I just learned about the getopts command last week so have been trying to utilize it in my scripts. Below, I am trying to set up a case structure for options using getopts.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: losingit
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getopts help

Hi All, I am writing a script to pass the getopts argument to the function which I have. But it as soon as I execute the script, the argument is taking it as blank. I tried using multiple way to check but its not working. Can someone please let me know what wrong in this code. function1()... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidh_arth85
4 Replies
mms_rsp_type(3MMS)				     Media Management System Library Functions					mms_rsp_type(3MMS)

NAME
mms_rsp_type, mms_get_tree, mms_get_str, mms_get_attribute, mms_handle_err_rsp - MMS client functions for handling responses SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag...] file... -lmms [ library...] #include <mms_api.h> int mms_rsp_type(void *response); mms_par_node_t *mms_get_tree(void *response); char *mms_get_str(void *response); char *mms_get_attribute(void *response, char *name, void **prev); int mms_handle_err_response(void *response, int * class, int * code, char **message); DESCRIPTION
For these functions, response is the MMS response to an MMP command sent by the client. The mms_rsp_type() macro returns the type of the response. The following is a list of responses: MMS_API_RSP_UNACC unacceptable response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL success response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL_INTR intermediate response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL_ERR error response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL_CANC cancelled response The mms_get_tree() macro returns the parse tree of the response. The mms_get_str() macro returns the response string. The mms_get_attribute() function takes a response with name values looking for name, and returning the value associated with it. A client can call this function multiple times if the response contains multiple instances of name. When all occurrences of name have been found, NULL is returned. The mms_handle_err_rsp() function processes an error response on behalf of the client. It returns the error class, error code, and the internationalized error message if one was included. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, mms_handle_err_rsp() returns MMS_API_OK. If it encounters a processing error, it returns an error code indicat- ing the type of error. ERRORS
These functions will fail if: MMS_API_ERROR Unable to obtain error class or code. MMS_API_NOT_ERR_RSP Response is not an error response. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libmms(3LIB), mms_init(3MMS), mms_send_cmd(3MMS), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 28 Oct 2008 mms_rsp_type(3MMS)