Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mapping of values in shell scripting Post 302556779 by Shell_Life on Monday 19th of September 2011 01:08:16 PM
Old 09-19-2011
You can create a sed file with all 10,000 combinations as:
Code:
s/.*,SSRTY,RTYUI9,.*/&RIGHT1,/
s/.*,SSI09,ITYIP4,.*/&AUSTRALIA,/
s/.*,SSRTY,ITYIP4,.*/&ASIA,/
s/.*,SSRTY,LRTER4,.*/&NORTHUS,/

Then run as:
Code:
sed -f sed_file Inp_File

If you encounter any problem, keep breaking the sed file until you can manage to run it, ie 2 files of 5,000 records, then 4 files of 2,500, 10 files of 1,000, etc.
This User Gave Thanks to Shell_Life For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Xlib - Mapping Pixel Values to RGB Colors

Hi everyone... I'm working with XLib and I want to find out the pixel value of a particular point on screen and then map it to RGB values. I used XGetImage and XGetPixel to get the pixel value, but how do I get the RGB values of the pixel? I went through a few XLib manuals, there seems to be no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thebin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenating arrays cell values in shell scripting

Hi All, I want to concatenate the array cell values and form a string.. Is it possible? for ex. I have an array word_array contains d u m b and after concatenating the string shld be 'dumb' thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathur
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH] mapping of values from file line into variables

Hello, I've been struggling with this for some time but can't find a way to do it and I haven't found any other similar thread. I'd like to get the 'fields' in a line from a file into variables in just one command. The file contains data with the next structure:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: semaler
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to change XML values with shell scripting for Network Simulation

Hello, I don't have experience in this scripting and I need some help to read a value from an XML file and change it with a random number to use in simulator for different network scenarios. </Description><sim_comm_rounds>35</sim_comm_rounds><num_clusters>1</num_clusters><Clocking> I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: erhanasd
5 Replies

5. Programming

Help with mapping two tables and filling the null values

Hi All , I have two tables. I will provide sample data in the tables below. table1: dept_id dept_name rep_id admin_lastname 10 dept of int.medicine Paul 10 dept of int.medicine Frank 20 dept of chemistry Young 20 dept of chemistry Bill 30 school of denistry kaufmann 40... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning array values using awk in shell scripting

hi My script as below #!/bin/ksh for i in `seq 1 7` do a=$(awk '{print $i}' /home/rama/expenese.txt) done for i in `seq 1 7` do echo "${a}" done content of expense.txt is as below 5032 210179 3110 132813874 53488966 11459221 5300794 I want output as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramakrishna V
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compare to values returned from sql in shell scripting?

hey i am using this code to connect to sql , store the value in variable and then compare it with another variable after some time by executing the same query but the desired result is not coming #!/bin/bash val=$(sqlplus -s rte/rted2@rel76d2 <<ENDOFSQL set heading off set feedback off... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsavi
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use square values in Shell Scripting?

:wall: Hi I am a newbie with Shell Scripting who stuck while creating a shell script for Pythagoras theorem.I need to know how to add the squares for the value in shell scripting(for eg: b2 =a2 +c2). Thanks VR (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VoraciousReader
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex in Shell Scripting to pick values

Hi After lot of trial and error I am really bowled out with the requirement in hand and honestly you are my last hope Here is what I want to achieve Values *IF *VALUE MS_SQL_Statistics_Summary.Client_Count_Percent_Used *GT 70.00 *AND *VALUE... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: radioactive9
20 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate avg values of csv file using shell scripting .?

hi all i have a reporting work and i want it to be automated using shell scripting kindly let me know how can i make that possibe . eg data are :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avinash shaw
2 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)