Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple awk conditional one-liner Post 302556689 by ahamed101 on Monday 19th of September 2011 09:50:54 AM
Old 09-19-2011
Code:
 awk -F, '{if($3>$4){v=$3-$4}else{v=$3} print $1,$2,v}' OFS="," inputFile

If solaris, use nawk

--ahamed
This User Gave Thanks to ahamed101 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple sed one-liner for fixing unencoded ampersands

Hi, I recieve some XML-files that constantly has bad encoded content. There are Ampersands that are not encoded correctly causing my XML-parser to halt. I wrote a sed one-liner to fix any stand alone "&": sed -e 's/&/&amp;/gi' input.xml testfile for input: <xml> <source> &quot; One &quot; </source>... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tobbe
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk one liner

input a 100 200 300 b 400 10 output a 100 a 200 a 300 b 400 b 10 Thanx (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk one liner

I need a one liner to" find /pattern/ print from x lines before "pattern" to y lines after "pattern" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenneth.mcbride
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need an awk one liner

example input file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenneth.mcbride
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk one-liner?

Hello, I have two files... File #1 1 3 2 5 File #2 3 5 3 1 3 7 9 1 5 2 5 8 3 3 1 I need to extract all lines from File #2 where the first two columns match each line of File #1. So in the example, the output would be: 1 3 7 2 5 8 Is there a quick one-liner that would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace regex Perl one liner to AWK one liner

Thanks for giving your time and effort to answer questions and helping newbies like me understand awk. I have a huge file, millions of lines, so perl takes quite a bit of time, I'd like to convert these perl one liners to awk. Basically I'd like all lines with ISA sandwiched between... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: verge
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk or sed one liner

I have a data base of part numbers: AAA Thing1 BBB Thing2 CCC Thing3 File one is a list of part numbers: XXXX AAA234 XXXX BBB678 XXXX CCC2345 Is there a sed one-line that would compare a data base with and replace the part numbers so that the output looks like this? XXXX AAA234... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk one liner

The below code is a simple modified sample from a file with millions of lines containing hundreds of extra columns xxx="yyy" ... <app addr="1.2.3.4" rem="1000" type="aaa" srv="server1" usr="user1"/> <app usr="user2" srv="server2" rem="1001" type="aab" addr="1.2.3.5"/>What's the most efficient awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cabrao
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple conditional yields too many responses

In this script: #!/bin/bash # bird read -p "Enter name of a bird " REPLY=$REPLY birdname="duck sparrow hawk" for i in $birdname do if ] then echo "Yes, that is a bird." else echo "That is not a bird." fi done I get... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xubuntu56
9 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)