Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Resource Capping Help!
Operating Systems Solaris Resource Capping Help! Post 302556652 by boneyard on Monday 19th of September 2011 09:00:50 AM
Old 09-19-2011
thats great thanks.

i did wonder if the machine was capable of taking that core out of use as it were to other zones, but i guess not.

thanks guys

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

resource manaement

Hi all I would like to know which other tools i can use besides top & sar to track the system resources i heard of somthing that sounds like acamdmin or acsadm... Thanks for your help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yelalouf
1 Replies

2. Linux

Resource management

Hi all, we have a big problem, we are running an IA-64 linux system, with 8 CPUs and some GB of RAM, for user usage. The user are compiling and testing programs on this system, and this caused some problems. Sometimes, a user program used the hole memory, blocks the other users, and also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malcom
1 Replies

3. Solaris

resource worries

When I run the prstat -a command I get the following output for user oracle. NPROC USERNAME SIZE RSS MEMORY TIME CPU 118 oracle 70G 30G 100% 4:38:03 52% The reading under the "MEMORY" heading is 100%. What does this mean? I hope it doesn't mean user oracle is using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 : Memory Capping Query

Hi Folks, Im running solaris 10 8/07 and im trying to set up some memory capping within zones for the system project. ie. zone1# cat /etc/project system:0::::rcap.max-rss=41943040 user.root:1:::: noproject:2:::: default:3:::: group.staff:10:::: zone2# cat /etc/project... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trevagreene
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fork:resource unavailable

Hello. I have code which create processes with fork(). I set a limit for processes by typing ulimit -u 20. Then I run my code who should create 100 processes. Unfortunately, I have a mistake there and I forgot to quit all of my forked processes when fork gave me return value -1. So I am trapped in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samos
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Resource management (projadd)

Hi When I create a new project: For example: projadd -K "project.max-shm-memory=(priv,16GB,deny)" project_name I need to associate this project to a user in /etc/user_attr: User_name::::project=project_name Otherwise, id -p shows reveals that the user has project default. Is there... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capping output redirection log file length

I am trying to write a script which will output notifications to a logfile, but I would like to cap the logfile to, let's say, 200 lines. Specifically I am using custom firmware, DD-wrt, on my router and I am implementing a script to connect to my work vpn. I have a loop that pings a computer... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joemommasfat
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 - capping CPU

Hi all I've purchased a T3-1 server. The T3-1 has a 16 core CPU. I want to create a zone to install an Oracle DB server in. Due to Oracle licensing issues I want to limit the zone to 8 cores. I've done some research and it seems there are 2 ways of setting a CPU core limit for a zone. 1. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Need to understand CPU capping in Zones

Hi All I am using below command to do zone capping #zonecfg -z zone1 zonecfg:zone1> zonecfg:zone1>add capped-cpu zonecfg:zone1>capped-cpu> set ncpus=2 zonecfg:zone1>capped-cpu> end zonecfg:zone1> commit zonecfg:zone1> exit It means that it can used two CPUs in zone1 then I run... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Memory capping Solaris 11.3

I want to allocate RAM : 64GB (Dedicated allocation) Swap : 8GB Please assist and recommend the correct capping values capped-memory: physical: XXG Had allocated physical=64GB, Swap=8GB, and locaked 16GB and found my non-global zone were unable to use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
1 Replies
CONFIG.GUESS(1) 						   User Commands						   CONFIG.GUESS(1)

NAME
config.guess - guess the build system triplet SYNOPSIS
config.guess [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The GNU build system distinguishes three types of machines, the `build' machine on which the compilers are run, the `host' machine on which the package being built will run, and, exclusively when you build a compiler, assembler etc., the `target' machine, for which the compiler being built will produce code. This script will guess the type of the `build' machine. Output the configuration name of the system `config.guess' is run on. Operation modes: -h, --help print this help, then exit -t, --time-stamp print date of last modification, then exit -v, --version print version number, then exit ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
config.guess might need to compile and run C code, hence it needs a compiler for the `build' machine: use the environment variable `CC_FOR_BUILD' to specify the compiler for the build machine. If `CC_FOR_BUILD' is not specified, `CC' will be used. Be sure to specify `CC_FOR_BUILD' is `CC' is a cross-compiler to the `host' machine. CC_FOR_BUILD a native C compiler, defaults to `cc' CC a native C compiler, the previous variable is preferred REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs and patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>. Originally written by Per Bothner. Copyright 1992-2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), libtool(1). GNU Autoconf 2.69 August 2017 CONFIG.GUESS(1)