Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Command to list or view the files in .pkg (solaris) and how to extract without installing Post 302556611 by h@foorsa.biz on Monday 19th of September 2011 08:05:55 AM
Old 09-19-2011
pkginfo -p list installed packages
but not as rpm -qpl

Code:
$pkginfo

Quote:
-p

Display information for partially installed packages
only.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

check list for installing solaris 9

Hi, Does anyone have check list of installing solaris 9? I will be installing solaris 9 on Sun Fire V880 . Please help me. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriny
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to view files in Directory

Hi, Can you help me in providing me a command to view all files present in a directory. Thanks a lot. -Vamsi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VamsiVasili
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to view files in Directory

Hi, Can u provide me the command to view files in a directory.Urgent Pls. -Vamsi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VamsiVasili
4 Replies

4. AIX

Installing HP open view in AIX

Hi, I am new to AIX, I have to install HP Open View on AIX OS and I would appreciate if anyone can guide me how to install it step be step, any pointer in the direction would also help. I thank all in advance ! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rookie_newbie
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

view gzipped files with name file.gz.$DATE on a Solaris box (without unzipping first)

Hi Howto view gzipped files with name file.gz.$DATE on a Solaris box (without unzipping first) $ ls -lrt total 4477 -rwxrwxr-x 1 oracle dba 569745 Apr 4 19:45 4_person2profileCon.txt.gz.04.04.11* -rwxrwxr-x 1 oracle dba 3783 Apr 4 19:45... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
4 Replies

6. Solaris

How extract SUNWexplo.7.1.pkg & SUNWexplu.7.1.pkg from install_stb.sh?

Hi all, Could please guideas how to extract SUNWexplo.7.2.pkg & SUNWexplu.7.2.pkg from install_stb.sh. I need to upgrade my Sun Explorer to 7.2 version from 7.1 . This what written in read me file about its installation: The Lightweight Availability Collection Tool (LWACT) is no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Pkg problem, one zone trying pkg.Oracle.com on port 1008

Hi Solaris Experts, The pkg utility on one of my non-global zones has stopped working, it's trying to connect to port 1008 at pkg.oracle.com I was using pkg successfully from this zone, but now it's showing this error: lzone1 $ pkg search xterm pkg: Some repositories failed to respond... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad101
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a list of files using unzip command

Hi all, this is my first and i can't speak english well, so please be kind ! Here is my problem : I want to unzip a list of .zip files stored in one directory, so I though about using that : unzip '*.zip' Thing is that all of my zipped folders contain a file with the unique same name :... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: remissssss
6 Replies

9. Solaris

# pkg publisher gives bash: pkg: command not found

This is the operating system im using Oracle Solaris 10 9/10 s10s_u9wos_14a SPARC I need to install some packages by setting local repository While i run the below command # pkg publisher command returns bash: pkg: command not found while looking for /usr/bin/pkg i get bash:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris View/Transfer Files Android Phone

I'm trying to sync/transfer files from my UNIX box and Android Phone and vice versa. I know that Android Phones show up seamlessly (mostly) in Linux given their incestuous relationship. Is there a way to do it in UNIX or more specifically in Solaris 11.3 (i86)?:confused: I haven't found one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nostradamus1973
2 Replies
pkginfo(1)							   User Commands							pkginfo(1)

NAME
pkginfo - display software package information SYNOPSIS
pkginfo [-q | -x | -l] [-p | -i] [-r] [-a arch] [-v version] [-c category...] [pkginst...] pkginfo [-d device] [-R root_path] [-q | -x | -l] [-a arch] [-v version] [-c category...] [pkginst...] DESCRIPTION
pkginfo displays information about software packages that are installed on the system (with the first synopsis) or that reside on a par- ticular device or directory (with the second synopsis). Without options, pkginfo lists the primary category, package instance, and the names of all completely installed and partially installed packages. It displays one line for each package selected. OPTIONS
The -p and -i options are meaningless if used in conjunction with the -d option. The options -q, -x, and -l are mutually exclusive. -a arch Specify the architecture of the package as arch. -c category Display packages that match category. Categories are defined with the CATEGORY parameter in the pkginfo(4) file. If more than one category is supplied, the package needs to match only one category in the list. The match is not case specific. -d device Defines a device, device, on which the software resides. device can be an absolute directory pathname or the identifiers for tape, floppy disk, removable disk, and so forth. The special token spool may be used to indicate the default installa- tion spool directory (/var/spool/pkg). -i Display information for fully installed packages only. -l Specify long format, which includes all available information about the designated package(s). -p Display information for partially installed packages only. -q Do not list any information. Used from a program to check whether or not a package has been installed. -r List the installation base for relocatable packages. -R root_path Defines the full path name of a directory to use as the root_path. All files, including package system information files, are relocated to a directory tree starting in the specified root_path. -v version Specify the version of the package as version. The version is defined with the VERSION parameter in the pkginfo(4) file. All compatible versions can be requested by preceding the version name with a tilde (~). Multiple white spaces are replaced with a single white space during version comparison. -x Designate an extracted listing of package information. The listing contains the package abbreviation, package name, package architecture (if available) and package version (if available). OPERANDS
pkginst A package designation by its instance. An instance can be the package abbreviation or a specific instance (for example, inst.1 or inst.2). All instances of a package can be requested by inst.*. The asterisk character (*) is a special character to some shells and may need to be escaped. In the C-Shell, "*" must be surrounded by single quotes (') or preceded by a backslash (). EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/var/spool/pkg default installation spool directory ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkgtrans(1), pkgadd(1M), pkgask(1M), pkgchk(1M), pkgrm(1M), pkginfo(4), attributes(5) Application Packaging Developer's Guide SunOS 5.10 6 Nov 2000 pkginfo(1)